TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Wanted to share this with you all. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wanted to share this with you all. . .

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
. . . in fact, with the whole world

I adopted an elderly rescue cat back in December of last year. I've put together a video for her, a lot of people on the usenet newsgroups have said they love it, so I thought I'd post it here as well. She's just a beautiful girl (well, to me she is), I've become like a clucky Mum, showing off pics of her baby

You can download it from:

http://members.dodo.com.au/~tara_k/index.html

I'm still updating her page, haven't got around to putting her full story up there, but for now, enjoy

TK

PS Sorry to just leap in without a proper introduction . . . . but she survived her mouth operation, she's coming home today, just wanted to share a bit of joy with some fellow cat lovers
post #2 of 20
Welcome to the site! I am going to move this to our New Cats forum.
post #3 of 20
Hi welcome to the site, I'm glad her operation went well.
post #4 of 20
Welcome to the site! Bless you for taking in this elderly Princess. She's a lucky girl for sure!

ETA: Wow, I just watched her video. My goodness...that poor baby girl! She's definitely a lucky girl to have found you just in time. Gosh that video made me all teary, knowing that she's with such loving people now and doing so much better.
post #5 of 20
Hi Tara and a big welcome to TCS from a fellow Western Australian.

The link you have to the Brunswick Veterinary Hospital in B.J. on your web site isn't working, so I gave them a quick call to find out their web address and the one you're giving is correct, so they say they'll contact their internet tech people to let them know.

Thank you for taking this little old waif, I can already see how much progress she's made. Please let us know how she's going.
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbulu
Hi Tara and a big welcome to TCS from a fellow Western Australian.
And HI from another WA gal!!!

oh my gosh - I just watched the video and had tears pouring down my face!!! BLESS YOU for taking in Princess
post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
Wow! *TWO* West Aussies? Gosh!

Princess is home and well, will give you all a proper update later, but . . .

SHE'S HOME!

Glad you liked the video, thanks for the big welcome everyone

Will post later when I get another moment, off to clean litter trays and fuss over my cats

TK
post #8 of 20
Welcome to the site!
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak
Wow! *TWO* West Aussies? Gosh!
Yep not bad for the big bad world of the internet huh?!!!

Can't wait to hear more about Princess's story
post #10 of 20
Hi, Tara and Princess! Sierra and I welcome you to TCS! So glad you've joined us and look forward to getting to know you better! We're so excited Princess is home with you where she's receiving such wonderful care and abundant love! What a precious little girl she is! I would be so happy to help you in any way as you learn your way around the site. Please, simply click on my user name and send me a Private Message!

post #11 of 20
Welcome!

I just watched the video! It was so touching and I had tears in my eyes. She looks like such a sweet and loving girl and she sure is lucky to have found you
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak
. . . in fact, with the whole world

I adopted an elderly rescue cat back in December of last year. I've put together a video for her, a lot of people on the usenet newsgroups have said they love it, so I thought I'd post it here as well. She's just a beautiful girl (well, to me she is), I've become like a clucky Mum, showing off pics of her baby

You can download it from:

http://members.dodo.com.au/~tara_k/index.html

I'm still updating her page, haven't got around to putting her full story up there, but for now, enjoy

TK

PS Sorry to just leap in without a proper introduction . . . . but she survived her mouth operation, she's coming home today, just wanted to share a bit of joy with some fellow cat lovers

OMG, that was beautiful. I am Thank you for sharing your sweet princess. You are such a wonderful person for loving her and bringing her home. She looked so happy when you were petting her head. What a beautiful video.
post #13 of 20
Hello and welcome!!!

post #14 of 20
what a story! welcome

btw, do you know you do need to zip the video files, they're already compressed and by zipping you're not winning anything, but asking your viewer to perform a few tidious operations before viewing
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarePuss
what a story! welcome

btw, do you know you do need to zip the video files, they're already compressed and by zipping you're not winning anything, but asking your viewer to perform a few tidious operations before viewing
Heh. I know. But there's two reasons for doing so:

1. It prevents Media Player from jumping in and saying "I can play that!" and then choking on the bandwidth.

2. It's a holdover of mine from using free hosts who regularly rip wmv files off your site without so much as a by-your . . .

Thanks for the welcome, once again, everyone! Will put her story up there tonight and will also post some more pics, she's come back from the vet all clean and brushed as well

Still *so* she's home
TK
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
I've updated the website, there's now a link to the full story, off to get some much needed

TK
post #17 of 20
Bless you for giving Princess a home and for taking such good care of her. Welcome to TCS!!
post #18 of 20
Welcome to TCS!
post #19 of 20
how awesome! thanks for sharing!
post #20 of 20
Welcome to TCS Bless you for rescuing Princess, that's so wonderful of you! I hope the two of you share many happy years ahead!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Cats on the Block
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Wanted to share this with you all. . .