TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › please come home monty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

please come home monty

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
its gotten worse, Al is gone, he never returned, but now Monty is missing too!

sometimes he doesnt turn up for dinner, but thats one night only, now its been 5 nights and we have not seen him. We are scared he got sick and died somewhere because he could be sick with cat aids, leaukemia or diabetes (we dont know yet) we look after him VERY well (we spoil him senseless) and we have had him since he was about 4 months old, so it seems silly that he would run away.

I have been reading up on lost-pets.org, but it still hurts not knowing if I will see my Mon again, please send your prayers!
post #2 of 23
Oh, I'm sorry to hear Monty is missing Don't give up hope Sending come home vibes to Monty.
post #3 of 23
i am sorry to hear about your kitties! When/if they come home, I would keep them inside if i were you, so they are safe.

Are they spayed/neutered? I sure hope so!
post #4 of 23
Sending lots of "Be Safe and Come Home" vibes to Monte!!
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
thank you so much guys, we have put posters out now and everything, still no news though but thank you for your support

and yes, monty is neutered, but i dont keep him inside because 1. he would go crazy and 2. in my personal opinion i think its cruel locking cats inside (although it is in a way safer), but i respect the wishes of people who do.
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
you guys seriously rock! I got great news this morning, a lady rang me up to tell me she has Monty!! for some strange reason he got himself all the way over the other side of town lol. I get to see him tonight at 6pm, I dont definatly know if it is him, but it sounds like him, because she saw his picture and said its a face you cant forget, lol. And she also says that he turns up for dinner everynight at 6pm, which is his and the other babies scheduled dinner time. She is glad to get rid of him because her cockatiel went missing, but she found him again, he was definatly eyeing it though!. They grew attached to him, but they are great people for returning him

thankyou all of you for your kind words and vibes, for a while I thought I had lost him for good, I couldnt bear never seeing his face again, you guys are so special, thank-you.
post #7 of 23
Yea!!! I am so happy to hear that you found your baby!
post #8 of 23
Wow, this is fantastic! Yippee, Monty!
post #9 of 23
That's wonderful news!!!
post #10 of 23
Oh fantastic news!
post #11 of 23


let us know how the reunion goes!!!
post #12 of 23
Thread Starter 
thank you so much guys!

well the reunion was ok. there were many hugs & kisses, but im not sure if Monty was very happy, when he saw me he looked at me like he didnt even know me, he got scared in the car, but was a little better at home, he still didnt take any notice of his sister, she was happy to see him. I just burst into tears. I felt like I had taken him away from a place where he was happy. He could be sick however and a little mixed up so we are taking to the vet tommorow, if he is still there.

I feel so guilty
post #13 of 23
oh dont feel guilty!!! monty has just been on a big adventure and is likely to be alittle unsettled until he gets used to his surroundings again - are you going to keep him inside?
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles
oh dont feel guilty!!! monty has just been on a big adventure and is likely to be alittle unsettled until he gets used to his surroundings again - are you going to keep him inside?
I think they only way to keep cats/kittens safe is keeping them inside, you're only asking for heartache if you let them go outside and they live longer they are many dangers outside, some might think it's cruel to keep them inside but what is cruel is letting them get hit by a car, or they are people out there that abuse animals for the fun of it .. In my opinion..
post #15 of 23
Thread Starter 
I see your point I really do, from when I got Monty & Heidy untill they were about 5 months old, I was so scared that something would happen to them, that I kept them inside, but they would sit in the window for hours and I could see it in their eyes that they wanted to see the outside world. It would kill monty if I kept him inside, yes, its dangerous out there, but I treat them like they are my children, even though I am quite aware they are cats. And keeping a child locked up inside is cruel right?. I just can't bring myself to do it.
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
I see your point I really do, from when I got Monty & Heidy untill they were about 5 months old, I was so scared that something would happen to them, that I kept them inside, but they would sit in the window for hours and I could see it in their eyes that they wanted to see the outside world. It would kill monty if I kept him inside, yes, its dangerous out there, but I treat them like they are my children, even though I am quite aware they are cats. And keeping a child locked up inside is cruel right?. I just can't bring myself to do it.
No I don't keep my children locked up, but i do supervise them when they get out. As do my kitten on a leash so nothing cruel can happen to him. You were lucky this time with your cat, what will you do if he ends up hurt or worse next time? Do you know a outside cat lives only 5 years compared to a inside cat almost 15 years? I don't mean to sound mean or anything but that is the facts. Next time you might not find him..
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
He could be sick however and a little mixed up so we are taking to the vet tommorow, if he is still there.

I feel so guilty
What do you mean by, "...if he is still there."?
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyDF


What do you mean by, "...if he is still there."?
I'm scared of him running away again. Although I did see him last night and he seemed much happier.

Quote:
No I don't keep my children locked up, but i do supervise them when they get out. As do my kitten on a leash so nothing cruel can happen to him. You were lucky this time with your cat, what will you do if he ends up hurt or worse next time? Do you know a outside cat lives only 5 years compared to a inside cat almost 15 years? I don't mean to sound mean or anything but that is the facts. Next time you might not find him..
that is just plain mean, I have been through ENOUGH as it is.
post #19 of 23
please remember that those of you in the USA have very different opinions on inside cats than some of us from the rest of the world.

Shimmer is from Australia so this may be due to cultural difference. you also dont know the context of Shimmers situation.

To many people in the UK asking them to keep a cat indoors is like asking them to keep a goldfish in the bath! I for one hadnt even heard of indoor cats until my friend purchased two burmese and even then the breeder asking that was a rareity.

Whilst everyones entitled to their own opinion I agree with Shimmer that he/her has been through enough right now. there is pleanty of information on this site for them to read and make an informed choice.

right now berating their decision will only serve to cause upset.
post #20 of 23
this is not the thread to discuss whether cats should be kept inside or not, this is a thread about Monty... lets keep it that way
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles
this is not the thread to discuss whether cats should be kept inside or not, this is a thread about Monty... lets keep it that way

I agree it's about Monty, and if he runs away again, I hope she can find him.. As to us in the U.S I don't think it matters where I or others are from, it's the LOVE of cats what brings us together.
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFirstRagdoll
I agree it's about Monty, and if he runs away again, I hope she can find him.. As to us in the U.S I don't think it matters where I or others are from, it's the LOVE of cats what brings us together.
post #23 of 23
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats S.O.S
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › please come home monty