TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How about another food topic.....BRUNCH!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How about another food topic.....BRUNCH!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hey guys! I have to tell you that this gal is just about whipped today, and its only 11:15 am! We actually catered a brunch this morning for a cancer fundraiser, which entailed us being up and at the bakery working this morning just after 2 am. The brunch started at 10, we served about 100 ladies country ham with biscuits, gravy, fresh tomatoes, cantaloupe, strawberries, croissants, butter, a half dozen different jams and jellies, an egg and bacon breakfast casserole, served orange juice, tomato juice, apple juice, water and coffee to drink. So, that being said, what would you all have for brunch if you called me and asked us to cater it?
post #2 of 21
post #3 of 21
Brunch for me would be Mimosa's and strawberries with cream ... belgian waffles with melted butter, fresh honeydew melon, and lots of heavy, white, starched linens and fresh flowers. Oh! And a server from somewhere exotic who was as good to look at as he was efficient at serving me my brekkie. *grin*
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef
Brunch for me would be Mimosa's and strawberries with cream ... belgian waffles with melted butter, fresh honeydew melon, and lots of heavy, white, starched linens and fresh flowers. Oh! And a server from somewhere exotic who was as good to look at as he was efficient at serving me my brekkie. *grin*
I like the way you think woman!
post #5 of 21
Crusty bread sandwiches, or a ham pasta, with fruit scones, strawberry jam and thick whipped cream with plenty of tea on tap!
post #6 of 21
As good as all that sounds Cindy, I am not a big breakfast food eater...........but I like what you served this morning.................
post #7 of 21
Wow! Cindy, you must be exhausted. But the menu looks lovely.

For my menu, I'd subsitute the casserole for bacon, little breakfast sausages and hash browns We just don't get hash browns like we do in the US here and I love them.

Sounds like brekkie tomorrow is sorted then - when can we expect you
post #8 of 21
How about fresh ripe strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, and sliced peaches, fresh squeezed orange juice, and straight from the oven whole wheat bread! How soon can you be here, Cindy!
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
Crusty bread sandwiches, or a ham pasta, with fruit scones, strawberry jam and thick whipped cream with plenty of tea on tap!
hee hee rosiemac, very british! Absolutely, scones, strawberry jam, croissants, pain aux chocolate, bacon butties, toast, scrambled eggs on toast and lots and lots and lots of tea!
post #10 of 21
just put on a plate, bacon, eggs, toast, scones with strawberry jam and wipped cream (please make sure scones are still warm ) umm a quiche, and ummm
yes lots of tea!! those british sausages... and potato salad... and and and hmmmmmm food! we are just about to go out now i hope they serve yummy food where ever we go!
post #11 of 21
For brunch Cindy, I'd like:

Bacon, Sausages, Hash Browns, Eggs, Grilled Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Crossaints - and a huge glass of Orange Juice. Thanks.
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Wow! Cindy, you must be exhausted. But the menu looks lovely.

For my menu, I'd subsitute the casserole for bacon, little breakfast sausages and hash browns We just don't get hash browns like we do in the US here and I love them.

Sounds like brekkie tomorrow is sorted then - when can we expect you
As soon as I can get a flight! Hey, want me to tell you how to cook the hash browns like the eateries do that are so good? It's really easy!
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
As soon as I can get a flight! Hey, want me to tell you how to cook the hash browns like the eateries do that are so good? It's really easy!
ooh yes please - then I can tell hubby and he can cook them for me - when we get a kitchen that is!

I've tried something similar before - it was called a rosti here and cooked with rosemary but it just didn't taste the same somehow.
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
ooh yes please - then I can tell hubby and he can cook them for me - when we get a kitchen that is!

I've tried something similar before - it was called a rosti here and cooked with rosemary but it just didn't taste the same somehow.
Bake your potatoes (don't boil them, this adds too much water) whole like you would for a baked potato. Let cool completely, even overnight, so that they are firm enough to hold onto. When they're cold, grate with a coarse grater , salt and/or pepper to taste, and fry as patties in butter or margarine. Usually the restraunts use their leftover baked potatoes from the day before.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Bake your potatoes (don't boil them, this adds too much water) whole like you would for a baked potato. Let cool completely, even overnight, so that they are firm enough to hold onto. When they're cold, grate with a coarse grater , salt and/or pepper to taste, and fry as patties in butter or margarine. Usually the restraunts use their leftover baked potatoes from the day before.
Thanks very much mmm can't wait til we get our kitchen back now so we can try it out. The Rosti used grated raw potato - so that's why it tasted different!
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Yip, it has a different taste and texture if raw ones are used, and you're very welcome! Now, I admit that I didn't know this until my hub explained it to one of the ladies at breakfast on Easter Sunday! Hmmmm....I wonder if I baked a couple of 'taters tonight if he'd make hash browns tomorrow morning......maybe some little link sausages......*sighs*
post #17 of 21
That sounds so good ...I love omlettes so that would work for me.Potatoes too!
post #18 of 21
Thanks for the tip Cindy! They sound yummy.
post #19 of 21
I wondered if your secret was going to be baked potatoes! I always do extra potatoes, when I do baked, so that there are some left for frying up. They really are the best, aren't they?

And for my brunch, along with those hash browns, crisp bacon, eggs over easy, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, please and thanks. Oh, yes, OJ and coffee would be lovely, too. The brunch of choice for me, which I don't get too often, because my sweetie finds it a) too heavy and b) too greasy [SIGH!] And since Rob will want to eat, too, we can let him have his preference, a grain and fruit meal: apple spice waffles with bran added, and whatever fruit is at its peak to go on top.

Souns like you're going to be doing a lot of travelling, Cindy!
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Bake your potatoes (don't boil them, this adds too much water) whole like you would for a baked potato. Let cool completely, even overnight, so that they are firm enough to hold onto. When they're cold, grate with a coarse grater , salt and/or pepper to taste, and fry as patties in butter or margarine. Usually the restraunts use their leftover baked potatoes from the day before.
Thanks for the tip - we have Rösti (Swiss speciality) here, and sometimes you practically have to burn them to make sure they're cooked through.

How about a quiche for brunch? Or "Flammkuchen" - basically pizza dough topped with sour cream, onions, and ham?
post #21 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
Thanks for the tip - we have Rösti (Swiss speciality) here, and sometimes you practically have to burn them to make sure they're cooked through.

How about a quiche for brunch? Or "Flammkuchen" - basically pizza dough topped with sour cream, onions, and ham?
Gonna have to try the "Flammkuchen", jcat, that sounds great!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How about another food topic.....BRUNCH!