or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Decided to finally introduce myself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Decided to finally introduce myself.

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I know I should have done this earlier, but I like to lurk a few months to get a feel for a Forum, then post replies a little while to get the hang of it.

My name's Nancy, but I almost exclusively go by St Matthew or Mattie when I'm online. (Long story--it's a Monkees/Mike Nesmith reference.)

I have owned/been owned by literally dozens of cats in my life--I'm 36 now. I currently share an apartment with Precious--my 7 year old Welsh Springer Spaniel Mix and Mashka (Americanized spelling of Macka, which is Bosnian for Cat)--my 5 month old 99% black DSH kitten.

I have a lot of baby pics of Mashie that I plan to post when I'm allowed. I DO have their pic in my signature. As everyone can see, they seem to get along famously. Which happily STUNNED me.

Glad to meet everyone and I hope to become a regular here.
post #2 of 18
Greetings fellow Monkee fan! I had Peter Tork's poster on my wall growing up-
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

I've actually had the honor of meeting Peter in person about five times in the past few years. He is a WONDERFUL man. Every bit as kind and sweet in real life as he was on the show. He's a brilliant musician and very intelligent--a lot more than his TV-counterpart.

Glad to find more Monkees fans! And thanks for the welcome.
post #4 of 18
Welcome to TCS! Your babies are adorable!
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 

I was SO surprised and relieved when Presh decided Mashie was just a baby and needed love--not something to chase and kill. Especially with her hunting dog genes. It took just a few HOURS, a couple harsh barks and a couple indignant mews to draw the lines.

Now they are best buddies--Presh is Mashie's favorite toy. And Presh isn't as lonely when I'm gone to work for 12 hours sometimes. Much calmer and no longer chewing herself raw from stress/separation anxiety.

I think Mashie's been good for both of us.
post #6 of 18
Aw that's so cute! I wish my doggies and kitties cuddled up together like that! They definitly look the best of friends!
post #7 of 18
Hi, Mattie, Mashka, and Precious! Sierra and I welcome you to TCS! So glad you've joined us and look forward to getting to know you better!Your babies are so beautiful, Mattie! It's wonderful that they get along so well! I would be so happy to help you in any way as you learn your way around the site. Please, simply click on my user name and send me a Private Message!

post #8 of 18
Welcome to TCS!
post #9 of 18
Hello and welcome!!!
Your babies are precious!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

post #10 of 18

If the cat's 99% black,what the other 1%???
post #11 of 18
Hi welcome to the site.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Originally Posted by RarePuss

If the cat's 99% black,what the other 1%???
I guess what I meant was that she's all black except for maybe 20-30 white hairs I've found here and there on her body. None collected together enough to even be called a spot.

When she was a teeny baby, she had a distinct smoke undercoat...now it's slowly darkening to all black. She's my gorgeous little boo.
post #13 of 18
Welcome Welcome Welcome! This is a great site, so hope you enjoy as much as I have.
post #14 of 18
Hi And welcome to TCS!!!
post #15 of 18
hi and welcome
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the wonderful greetings!

From what I've seen, there are some great people on TCS. I'm happy to be here!
post #17 of 18
Hi and welcome to TCS
post #18 of 18
Hi and welcome. What a great picture of your babies. Love it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Cats on the Block
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Decided to finally introduce myself.