TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › American Idol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

American Idol

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Did you watch last night ? I love show tunes and could tell all but Constantine (who was on Broadway in Rent and thus obviously with his performance last night, knows how to work a song on stage...) don't understand them, I dont' fault the kids really. It's weird to know that songs that are icons to me (climb every mountian...funny valentine..) are completely new to them.

I think Scott will go tonight, he didnt do too well and with his arrest history coming up, any female voters who might have felt sympathy for him now may not.
post #2 of 16
I missed it! Glad to hear Constantine did good !
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi
I missed it! Glad to hear Constantine did good !
He did great, I wasn't a big fan but boy...he did it.It was unique and jazzy version of Funny Valentine.
post #4 of 16
I missed Constantine, and I really like him. I did'nt know he was in Rent. I thought Bo did really well. He's my pick. He lucked out on a really good song for someone that just closed their eyes and pointed.
post #5 of 16
I'm soo sad NIkko was voted out, i really liked him

I can't believe Scott, Anthony, and others are still in it, what a crock!

btw, i didn't like Fantasia's performance, it was very 'churchy', she kept jumping around ... ugh
post #6 of 16
I agree about Scott.

I am NOT a show tune fan.
I was disappointed that Nikko left and Sxott stayed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Did you watch last night ? I love show tunes and could tell all but Constantine (who was on Broadway in Rent and thus obviously with his performance last night, knows how to work a song on stage...) don't understand them, I dont' fault the kids really. It's weird to know that songs that are icons to me (climb every mountian...funny valentine..) are completely new to them.

I think Scott will go tonight, he didnt do too well and with his arrest history coming up, any female voters who might have felt sympathy for him now may not.
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
I don't think Nikko was the one most ready to go, but I don't really miss him either. I do have to give Anthony credit for agreeing with Simon, he needs to improve.

I really only get happy to hear Constantine, Bo, Carrie, Nadia and Vonzell anymore. I hope it ends up with them.
post #8 of 16
I was really disappointed to see Nikko go. He had one of the better performances that night and he was my favorite. I think Anthony should have left, he should have been gone a couple of weeks ago. Nikko was really the only one that I thought was truly himself week after week. He always chose more modern songs and was consistently good.
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Actually that is a good point about Nikko. Oh well

I am really not a Carrie fan actually, I think I put her on the list cause I just know she will be there until the end. I don't know what it is, she bores me.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Actually that is a good point about Nikko. Oh well

I am really not a Carrie fan actually, I think I put her on the list cause I just know she will be there until the end. I don't know what it is, she bores me.
You know, Carrie really is boring. I think she has a great voice but I'm never excited about hearing her performance. I think it may be boring because almost EVERYONE I know expects her to win and I'm always pulling for the dark horse.
post #11 of 16
I've gotta defend Scott here, guys. I want him to go further sooo bad. I think he has a good voice but more importantly--He said on one of the first few episodes that his father told him that he would never be anyone important or do anything important. I would like to see him go just a little further just to prove to his Pops that he is important.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber
I've gotta defend Scott here, guys. I want him to go further sooo bad. I think he has a good voice but more importantly--He said on one of the first few episodes that his father told him that he would never be anyone important or do anything important. I would like to see him go just a little further just to prove to his Pops that he is important.
That's a good point.

Parents only say that when they themselves don't feel good about themselves. So he should ignore it, but I know it still hurts.
post #13 of 16
Yeah, I just felt bad for the poor guy. You know he has to be self concious about his looks and then for his father to say that!!!!! I know what it feels like to have unsupportive parents so..... GOOOOOOOOO SCOTT!!!!!
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber
You know, Carrie really is boring. I think she has a great voice but I'm never excited about hearing her performance. I think it may be boring because almost EVERYONE I know expects her to win and I'm always pulling for the dark horse.
I get the feeling that cause of her looks they are marketing her as a winner even if she doesn't and people are picking up on that.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
I get the feeling that cause of her looks they are marketing her as a winner even if she doesn't and people are picking up on that.
Oh yeah, and the fact that she's the "farm girl next door". She's a beautiful, talented girl but I think she has slipped under the radar when she's had bad performances. She should be on "Nashville Star". She's more of a country singer than pop singer.
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
It's weird, do you ever wonder if any of these people will be famous in like 5 years? I mean Ruben is doing cameos on sit coms already. I will bet he's doing state fairs before we know it. I really didn't care for Fantasia last night. I guess Kelly has some staying power although she isn't my speed.
What is Clay doing now? I can see him hanging in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › American Idol