Originally Posted by Nano
Throwing out the three highest and the three lowest answers, right now the average is just a touch under $1000 per cat per year. Wow!
|The cost of owning a cat:
* Veterinary care will typically run from $100-$200 per year, including office visits, vaccinations and medications.
* First year vaccination costs and spay/neuter will add to this.
* Food for a cat: $300-$400 per year.
* Cat litter: $100-$200 per year.
* Total cost, not including treats, toys, beds etc. for a cat: $400-$700 per year
Medical $150 \t \t
Toys/Treats $50 \t \t \t \t \t
Annual Total \t$575