TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Beatrix Potter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beatrix Potter

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I just love the Beatrix Potter series and all the characters. They are just such classic and timeless characters in my opinion and I am so glad that my MIL knows how much I love them as she has been spoiling us (or should I say grandchild #1 to be) with so much Beatrix Potter things...

the latest, which I totally adore is these soft toys. She is planning on getting us the whole series eventually but they are hard to find here in Australia (let alone expensive) so we feel very lucky

from left to right:
Goody Tiptoes, Timmy Tiptoes, Mr Tod, Jeremy Fisher, Peter Rabbit


sorry I couldnt resist sharing.....

post #2 of 24
Awww Danielle their so cute! I love Beatrix Potter as well
post #3 of 24
I was brought up with Beatrix Potter books, and saved all my old ones so that my daughter could love them too, which she did. They were special to her because she featured in an advertisement for BP mugs and plates, back in the late 70s. when she was only a toddler!
post #4 of 24
I was brought up with Beatrix Potter books too....they are the greatest!!! What a lovely MIL you have......I bet these fantastic toys will be treasured both by you and baby!
post #5 of 24
Beatrix Potter books are the greatest!Fantastic, these are just so cute! How wonderful that your MIL is already spoiling your sweet little baby, Dan!
post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyranson
I was brought up with Beatrix Potter books, and saved all my old ones so that my daughter could love them too, which she did. They were special to her because she featured in an advertisement for BP mugs and plates, back in the late 70s. when she was only a toddler!
how wonderful that she was featured in an advertisment.. was this in the newspaper? do you have a copy if it was?
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katson7
I bet these fantastic toys will be treasured both by you and baby!
I am not sure if the baby will get to play with them yet
post #8 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
Beatrix Potter books are the greatest!Fantastic, these are just so cute! How wonderful that your MIL is already spoiling your sweet little baby, Dan!
oh yes Stephanie we are being spoilt by everyone at the moment - its quite amazing... our nursery to be is getting filled quite quickly this is going to be one lucky child I can tell you!!
post #9 of 24
In the 70s and 80s I was writing and producing short TV clips/ads about British products and culture for showing on TV around the world. Faith was often called on to participate - she did the first one when she was only 6 months old! I have a roll of film somewhere with most of them on - it embarrasses her now to think about them!
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
oh how wonderful that you still have the film
post #11 of 24
Those are just precious! A local shop offered stuffed BP toys. I remember I wanted (probably about 10 yrs ago) and stuffed Nutkin Squirrel but DH didn't get it for me. He was the cutest. Nutkin is from the story isn't he?
post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 
yes Squirrel Nutkin is part of BP
post #13 of 24
I can't find him (the exact one I wanted) I thought he was a Gund stuffed animal so I was doing a search. Look what I found

http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/e...by/page48.html

Isn't it lovely? Is this how you are decorating the nursery?
post #14 of 24
Awww Danielle, those are so adorable!
post #15 of 24
I did find a Gund Peter Rabbit though. Isn't he adorable, too?

post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
wow!!! how great is that!! I totally love that quilt!!

I want to put some BP prints on the wall - but do you think I can find them here? It really is hard to find BP things here
post #17 of 24
aww, thats too cute! I think i might have to get some books because i have no rememberence of them!
post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
whats Gund?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva
I did find a Gund Peter Rabbit though. Isn't he adorable, too?

post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
aww, thats too cute! I think i might have to get some books because i have no rememberence of them!
oh you must!!! Beatrix Potter is the author - she does a whole series of 'Peter Rabbit & Friends' books
post #20 of 24
Gotta get a Gund - A mfg. of stuffed toys They are not expensive. Usually I always fall in love with their stuffed animals if there is one that I think I have to have
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva
Gotta get a Gund - A mfg. of stuffed toys They are not expensive. Usually I always fall in love with their stuffed animals if there is one that I think I have to have

LOL, that's right Chris.....I know that saying........"Gotta get a Gund!" I am a sucker for stuffed animals..........
post #22 of 24
Oh I love Beatrix Potter!! Those stuffed animals are just too sweet. What a lucky, lucky baby that will be.

My BP books are still at my parents. It will be so nice when I have children to share it with them as well. The one with the mice in the dollhouse was always one of my faves. Anyone remember that one??
post #23 of 24
aww my daughter has a Peter Rabbit stuffed toy like that (not the Gund one the other one) she loves it.
Royal Doulton have a lovely line of figurines from the stories and they do nursery china as well (like baby would ever get to use that ) little plate and training spoons etc.
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
aww my daughter has a Peter Rabbit stuffed toy like that (not the Gund one the other one) she loves it.
Royal Doulton have a lovely line of figurines from the stories and they do nursery china as well (like baby would ever get to use that ) little plate and training spoons etc.

Ooohh Royal Doulton! We have a whole crapload of their figurines (the lady ones) at my parents house! I can just imagine how beautiful that nursery set must be!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Beatrix Potter