TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Non-cat related...shaping up to be a good music year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-cat related...shaping up to be a good music year

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Music is BIG in my house. The boyfriend and I are both such music geeks.
Just sat down with the new Queens of the Stone Age album.
Excellent!!

Anyone else have new music they're wildly anticipating?
post #2 of 15
i must admit i like britney
But she isnt anticipating me!
i like only songs not albums!
post #3 of 15
I'm pretty boring I listen to the classics -you know Bach, Beetoven, Rolling Stones.
I read reviews in the paper on groups but as I usually listen to public radio or classic rock radio stations I'm not in the loop for music.
Give us some of your recommendations!!
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
I'm pretty boring I listen to the classics -you know Bach, Beetoven, Rolling Stones.
I read reviews in the paper on groups but as I usually listen to public radio or classic rock radio stations I'm not in the loop for music.
Give us some of your recommendations!!
There's nothing boring about classical!! Beethoven was a bloody genius.
And my boyfriend was named after the Stones guitarist. hehe
post #5 of 15
Well, of course you already know about the NIN album coming out May 3, I believe. I am definitely anxiously awaiting that!!!!
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Well, of course you already know about the NIN album coming out May 3, I believe. I am definitely anxiously awaiting that!!!!
hehe Of course!! Waiting for 5-3 is going to kick my butt. The good thing is we have a little indy record store around here that puts stuff out early!!
Rolling Stone has had little blurbs about the new NIN in the past 2 issues.
post #7 of 15
  • Dishwalla just came out with their forth album, which is self-titled. Waited two years for that one, and was mildly disappointed.
  • Mae is coming out with "Everglow" at the end of this month. If it equals the first album I'll be more than happy.
  • Better Than Ezra has one coming out in April. I'll preview and if I like I'll definately buy.
  • Still waiting to get enough cash together to buy the acoustic Seal album.
  • Coheed and Cambria might have their third album out by the end of the year.
  • I think I read something about Gavin Rossdale doing a solo album.
  • Maybe the new Natalie Imbruglia album. Depends on how girlie I'm feeling at the time.

I'm always waiting for a new album by Third Eye Blind and Duncan Sheik.

Yeah, it's gonna be a good year.
post #8 of 15
Webb Wilder and the Nash Vegans have a new cd out, About Time, but I haven't been able to find it yet,
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Well, of course you already know about the NIN album coming out May 3, I believe. I am definitely anxiously awaiting that!!!!
I'm so excited about this album that it's a little sad. I'm going to see them in Denver on that the day the album comes out with some friends so we're all pretty squirelly around here about.

Other than that I'm pretty out of the music loop as far as when albums come out, although I think I heard there is going to be a new Tool album that's coming out this year that I'm looking forward to.

Sadly I didn't even know Queens of the Stoneage was released yet. Guess I'll be making a stop by Best Buy at lunch.
post #10 of 15
I haven't been keeping up with all the new bands and crap, so I have no idea. Hey but I found my alice in chains and tori amos cds so that'll last me awhile.

-Brandon
post #11 of 15
The only thing I eagerly anticipate is the next Dave Matthews Band album, whenever that is released. Everything else can wait
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodesorel
Better Than Ezra has one coming out in April. I'll preview and if I like I'll definately buy.
I am a big fan of BTE! I saw them live a few years ago and were really good. I'll have to keep an eye out for that album.

I used to be BIG into music. I have not been keeping up quite like a used to. I was a big fan on Maroon 5 about 3 years ago before they hit it big. I want them to release something new, but since they have made the big time they keep touring on this one album I've not had for almost 3 years. Hopefully they'll make it back to the studio one of these days.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
I haven't been keeping up with all the new bands and crap, so I have no idea. Hey but I found my alice in chains and tori amos cds so that'll last me awhile.

-Brandon
Ohh! AIC!! Awesome stuff. Did you hear any of the reunion stuff they did w/ other singers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove
'm so excited about this album that it's a little sad. I'm going to see them in Denver on that the day the album comes out with some friends so we're all pretty squirelly around here about.

Other than that I'm pretty out of the music loop as far as when albums come out, although I think I heard there is going to be a new Tool album that's coming out this year that I'm looking forward to.

Sadly I didn't even know Queens of the Stoneage was released yet. Guess I'll be making a stop by Best Buy at lunch.
You luck dog!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the show.
I have heard the Tool rumor, too...as far as I've heard it's true. *yay*
Yes, go get that Queens album. It will kick you butt. hehe
post #14 of 15
So I'm going to date myself. What type of music do these bands play??? We have Muzak at work and I don't really get exposed to new music so any details would be nice. We have a good independent music store closeby with a very large selection-sometimes I'll glance at the Billboard top albums but of course that still doesn't help.
post #15 of 15
There is going to be a NIN cd listing party at The Odeon in Cleveland on Monday night (3-28), if anyone is over that way. Way too far of a drive for me these days.

Maybe some other places are doing the same thing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Non-cat related...shaping up to be a good music year