TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need names!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need names!!!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Ok..Little Miss had her kittens a month ago on March 19th. And they have gotten a lot more active then before, so I am seeing a lot of personality. I have an orange and white male that we named Jinx because as soon as we saw him, we knew no matter what, he was ours. Then theres a little tiny turning calico, but mostly gray and white, with some orange mixing in, female, and we named her Haylee. But I have another darker gray male, who is like a powder puff. Hes going to be long haired, I know it. And hes quiet, kinda shy, and has to be coaxed out of wherever hes hiding. Hes definitely and introvert.
So, I have Jinx who loves everyone...and isnt afraid of anything. I have Haylee, who is kinda shy, but overcomes it quickly.
And I have #3 who is very shy...any ideas for names?? I have come with a few...but they dont fit him really.
Thanks!
post #2 of 19
Need a photo.

Nips
post #3 of 19
I like "Shadow"
post #4 of 19
Cheyenne (Because of the pronunciation)
post #5 of 19
what about Puff, since he looks like one?
Puff, the magic cat, lived under the bed

or in the closet, etc. ... since he's shy!
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227
what about Puff, since he looks like one?
Puff, the magic cat, lived under the bed

or in the closet, etc. ... since he's shy!
That is soooo funny! My dad just called me here at work to tell me he was going to fix dinner for me and husband, and to come there tonight...and when I told him "powder puff" doesnt have a name yet..he said to name him Puff!! Thats sooo funny. I told him no, I didnt like puff...but I didnt like Smudge either, and tried in vain to change it, but she didnt like it. Puff may end up sticking, whether I really like it or not. I really like Tristan. My husband said no. I really like Ezra, my husband said no. Hes like "we dont like that name." I said whos we?? Hes like "me and the puff." Huh. Maybe Puffy.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
I like "Shadow"
You read my mind. It was the first name I thought of when I was reading it
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
You read my mind. It was the first name I thought of when I was reading it
I like shadow, but my brother-in-law copyrighted it, and my husband doesnt like shadow either. If I dont name this kitten...he'll just be "the puff" for the rest of his life!! If I hadnt named our siberian husky, he's still be "hey, dog, lets go."
post #9 of 19
i would help you but i need all the ideas i can get myself at the moment! lol

luckily i've only got the one kitten in need of a name.

Katpixiedust looked up a load for me here: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45891
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten
i would help you but i need all the ideas i can get myself at the moment! lol

luckily i've only got the one kitten in need of a name.

Katpixiedust looked up a load for me here: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45891
Thanks for the thread!! I did find some that I like:

Bagheera
Ash (he is gray and puffy)
Eclipse
Flash
Maverick
Merlin (kind of fitting)

I had lots of names, and my husband shot down every one!! I am like "How about Comet??"
He says " WE dont like comet." whos we??? He answers with "Me and the puff"
THE PUFF!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
I have Haylee and Jinx. And then the puff.
post #11 of 19
Mavericks my kitties name! lol

my boyfriend will be so pleased if you choose that. i think our new ones called diesel at the moment. but we'r calling it "little one" "new one" or "Kachchi (means adorable)" until we decide
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane8704
Then theres a little tiny turning calico, but mostly gray and white, with some orange mixing in, female, and we named her Haylee.
Thanks!
Awww... this made me sad. I had a calico kitten... she was feral... but we were seriously thinking about keeping her. She was beautiful, adorable, loving (when you could catch her), and just so sweet. She got hit by a car. This reminded me of her, because her name was Haley. I miss her.

Sorry... didn't mean to steal your post. The Puff is cute! I like it... but, since you don't... maybe Cotton, or Smokey, since smoke is puffy.... well... you'd think Cottonball would be for a white cat.... so maybe you can name him UCB, for Used Cotton Ball! LOL! That's what I call my orange cat, because I have a white cat with the nick name of cotton ball, so, we call my orange male cat Used Cotton Ball! LOL!
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJandBilly
Awww... this made me sad. I had a calico kitten... she was feral... but we were seriously thinking about keeping her. She was beautiful, adorable, loving (when you could catch her), and just so sweet. She got hit by a car. This reminded me of her, because her name was Haley. I miss her.

Sorry... didn't mean to steal your post. The Puff is cute! I like it... but, since you don't... maybe Cotton, or Smokey, since smoke is puffy.... well... you'd think Cottonball would be for a white cat.... so maybe you can name him UCB, for Used Cotton Ball! LOL! That's what I call my orange cat, because I have a white cat with the nick name of cotton ball, so, we call my orange male cat Used Cotton Ball! LOL!
I am sorry about your Haley. Little Miss is a complete love bug. All she wants are kisses. She has such an easygoing personality. I hope that Haylee does end up a calico.
The Puff. Poor cat. I mean, right now its cute. But what about when hes big??? I dont know. He doesnt look like a puff. Smokey would be good..but my moms cat's name is Smokey...gets kind of confusing. I rescued a white fluffy kitten, she was really sick, she had a cold in her eyes and she had an upper respiratory infection. It was a no brainer to name her Sassie. She has a fluffy tail that curls up her back, and touches the tip of her head!! My sister nicknamed her Pooty-toot. Its so funny.
I just cant call him the puff.
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten
Mavericks my kitties name! lol

my boyfriend will be so pleased if you choose that. i think our new ones called diesel at the moment. but we'r calling it "little one" "new one" or "Kachchi (means adorable)" until we decide
I know Maverick is your kitty's name...and I dont want hijack it...but it may fit him, I dont know. I will definitely keep you posted as to what we do name the little fluff.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane8704
I just cant call him the puff.
What about Puff the Magic Dragon? Sounds like your husband has already named him, The Puff! You can call him, The Puffster. That will work when he's grown.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane8704
I know Maverick is your kitty's name...and I dont want hijack it...but it may fit him, I dont know. I will definitely keep you posted as to what we do name the little fluff.
take it!! i cant stand it for my cat as shes such a pretty dainty little thing and Maverick is such a boyish name!
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane8704
I know Maverick is your kitty's name...and I dont want hijack it...but it may fit him, I dont know. I will definitely keep you posted as to what we do name the little fluff.
Maybe you just named him! "Little Fluff" or "Fluff" or "The Fluff!"
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Fianlly, I think we have a name we can all agree on!!!! MERLIN!!!!!!!! I named him merlin, because he is such a little trickster, and he disappears all of the time! Thats his name. maybe little fluff for short, because even at a month old, they are still tiny!! Thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions and all of your help!!
post #19 of 19
Yay! For Merlin!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need names!!!