or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › wish me luck
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

wish me luck - Page 2

post #31 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Carrie - that's brilliant news - I hope you do well at the second one.

Ryan - hols = holiday aka vacation. Yep, it's a British thing!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I just couldn't get it! Hold on a second. I need to slip into something more comfortable...



ahhhh... There we go.
post #32 of 63
Ryan - you're so funny!
post #33 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Ryan - you're so funny!
mmmphmphk mmmphou mmmwphmea. mmphmat mmphs mphice mmph mmphou.
post #34 of 63
A second interview! That's fantastic, Carrie!Just can't wait to hear how well it goes!

Ryan...
post #35 of 63
Yes, a 2nd interview, means they are interested in you. I hope it works out for you. By the way.....I'm a Sunny Southern California Girl, and I knew what hols meant. However, I think I was meant to live in the UK.
post #36 of 63
way to go Carrie, and Ryan .......you are so funny and cute and funny and smart and and and and
post #37 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker
Yes, a 2nd interview, means they are interested in you. I hope it works out for you. By the way.....I'm a Sunny Southern California Girl, and I knew what hols meant. However, I think I was meant to live in the UK.

I am so sorry but I had to go to your web page to find out who Paul Stanly is, loved looking around and now I know who Paul Stanly is, thanks.
post #38 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Ryan - hols = holiday aka vacation. Yep, it's a British thing!
its an australian thing too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Did you mean house or holes or what?
glad you dont have to save money for your holes Carrie
post #39 of 63
One of the worst days I had job interviewing went like this.

10AM job interview in Fortcollins for a "Management Position" which turned out to be Enclopedia sales. You got to mannage yourself.

Well I spent way to much time listening to the sales pitch for my to make it to my next interview in Greeley Colorado.

I made record time driving from Fort Collins through Loveland to get to Greeley. Did not mean to drive through Loveland but that is how it happened.

So I rush to my second interview with the C.I.A. Was actually surprized that they were interviewing on campus. Well they were not actually hiring college grads. They were just telling us what we would have to do to get on in 5 to 7 years if we were intrested in a career with them. So I went to the Libary to read of an hour or two.

When I get back to my car I discover that I had been in such a hurry to get to the interview that I left my car running!!!!!

The temp of the car was way hot and almost out of gas. I was warned that I needed to drive the car so as to get the engine cooled off before shutting it off. And ofcourse the keys were also locked into the car. Almost forgot to mention that part.
post #40 of 63
[quote=LottomagicZ4941]One of the worst days I had job interviewing went like this.

10AM job interview in Fortcollins for a "Management Position" which turned out to be Enclopedia sales. You got to mannage yourself.

Well I spent way to much time listening to the sales pitch for my to make it to my next interview in Greeley Colorado.

I made record time driving from Fort Collins through Loveland to get to Greeley. Did not mean to drive through Loveland but that is how it happened.

So I rush to my second interview with the C.I.A. Was actually surprized that they were interviewing on campus. Well they were not actually hiring college grads. They were just telling us what we would have to do to get on in 5 to 7 years if we were intrested in a career with them. So I went to the Libary to read of an hour or two.

When I get back to my car I discover that I had been in such a hurry to get to the interview that I left my car running!!!!!

The temp of the car was way hot and almost out of gas. I was warned that I needed to drive the car so as to get the engine cooled off before shutting it off. And ofcourse the keys were also locked into the car. Almost forgot to mention that part.


yep locked the keys in the car before but have always turned the car of first.Enjoyed reading your story Thanks.
post #41 of 63
Glad you enjoyed It is funny now but not so much at the time. Noticed that I said get my instead of get me.

Why is it always easier to find spelling and typoes after we post!!!

Another bad interview. Drove from Greeley CO to Casper WY due to a company posting an opening at UNC. After driving for 5 hours the guy asks me why I applied when the job requires living in WY? And I'm like you posted the job at UNC and he responds that was for people who are from WY. I was willing to relocate but they wern't willing to accept my application as a non Wyoming resident.
post #42 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles

glad you dont have to save money for your holes Carrie
put it this way i'm glad too
post #43 of 63
Good Luck with your second interview, Carrie! I am pleased that your first one went well!

Which shop is it you are hoping to work for?
post #44 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar
Good Luck with your second interview, Carrie! I am pleased that your first one went well!

Which shop is it you are hoping to work for?
its just a video shop, global
post #45 of 63
That's cool! You'll get to see all the new releases! My friend worked for a video shop and was allowed to borrow loads of videos for free!! Perks of the job, hey!

Good luck for it!
post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles
its an australian thing too...

glad you dont have to save money for your holes Carrie
Well why couldn't it be "holes"? Maybe that's where Carrie likes to hide her money. As long as no one else knows where Carrie's holes are her money should be safe. By the way, thanks for the new saying Carrie. I'll be confusing people with it as much as possible and I've been practicing saying it all day.

Person: "Hey Ryan, let's go blah blah blah."

Ryan: "Nope. I'm saving up money for my hols."
post #47 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Well why couldn't it be "holes"? Maybe that's where Carrie likes to hide her money. As long as no one else knows where Carrie's holes are her money should be safe.
yes but she was talking about saving for her hols not hiding for her hols...
so why would she want to save for her holes? what have the holes done for her to deserve her to save for them?
post #48 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles
yes but she was talking about saving for her hols not hiding for her hols...
so why would she want to save for her holes? what have the holes done for her to deserve her to save for them?
Well she could have been saving up money for her holes so that she'd have something to put into them. Maybe her holes are unfilled at the moment and need to be filled. As for the last question, you got me there. Maybe Carrie can answer that. What have your holes done for you Carrie?... What in the world have they done?
post #49 of 63
Quote:
Well she could have been saving up money for her holes so that she'd have something to put into them. Maybe her holes are unfilled at the moment and need to be filled.
I am assuming that her holes are holes out in the garden - dirt holes, then I could probably appreciate why she would want to fill those holes.... but what if they are holes, say in her curtains - how would she fill them? maybe she likes holey curtains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
As for the last question, you got me there. Maybe Carrie can answer that. What have your holes done for you Carrie?... What in the world have they done?
yes Carrie what in the world????
post #50 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles
I am assuming that her holes are holes out in the garden - dirt holes, then I could probably appreciate why she would want to fill those holes.... but what if they are holes, say in her curtains - how would she fill them? maybe she likes holey curtains?


yes Carrie what in the world????
Holes in the garden?... Yeah... those are the holes I was talking about. Poor Carrie... I hijacked her thread and she's not even around to shut me up. You're doing a fine job though Danielle. I don't know what she should do about her holey curtains.
post #51 of 63
Have you two been hitting the bottle?!
post #52 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
Have you two been hitting the bottle?!
Or has the bottle been hitting us?...
post #53 of 63
Now theres a thought but mine was better
post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
Have you two been hitting the bottle?!
us? nooo never!!
post #55 of 63
You guys are cracking me up!I'll have what she's having!
post #56 of 63
Make that two Stephanie!
post #57 of 63
This is getting just too crazy!

Stephanie, make that three, please!
post #58 of 63
post #59 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Holes in the garden?... Yeah... those are the holes I was talking about. Poor Carrie... I hijacked her thread and she's not even around to shut me up. You're doing a fine job though Danielle. I don't know what she should do about her holey curtains.
OMG you 2!!!! i've only just seen this thread now, and i swear you have had me in stitches, i was thinking::censor::censor::censor:: !!!!!!
hey! and how did this get onto my holey curtains??? whats wrong with holey curtains, just kiddin ya.
post #60 of 63


nothing is wrong with holey curtains as far as I am concerned, but Ryan thinks your saving to fill your holes - so maybe he has a problem with holey curtains????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › wish me luck