TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Kitten here... aspiring to be a Top Cat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kitten here... aspiring to be a Top Cat

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Hi

I love this fantastic member *rating* system!

So when do I advance from kittendom, and can anyone tell me the stages from being a little whippersnapper onwards? I'm looking forward to joining the top cats sometime in the future.

Cheers!

Jenn (a.k.a. VespaCat)
post #2 of 20
Hi Jenn

Welcome to TCS

This link should help you with your question over avatars and membership status etc http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...top+cat+status

Have a great time on TCS - you'll be up to Top Cat in no time.

Beth
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thanks Beth, and it's nice to meet you!

Your kitties look adorable! Is Lily an Abysinnian? I have 2 Russian Blues, one of which had a brief show life, before he told me in no uncertain terms he wanted to retire to a decidedly peaceful existence as a housecat

Yes, I'm kind of new to this whole world, so avatar is a completely new concept to me, but I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Cheers

Jenn, Mik & Lex
post #4 of 20
Welcome Jenn! I'm sure we'll see you around here lots since you have Top Cat aspirations!!!
post #5 of 20
the rating system always confuses me, my posts are always ahead of the time i've joined so i have to wait a few weeks for it all to catch up before i can access my new avators (did that make sense!)

cant wait until i can upload my own avator! (topcat i think)
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespacat
Thanks Beth, and it's nice to meet you!

Your kitties look adorable! Is Lily an Abysinnian? I have 2 Russian Blues, one of which had a brief show life, before he told me in no uncertain terms he wanted to retire to a decidedly peaceful existence as a housecat

Yes, I'm kind of new to this whole world, so avatar is a completely new concept to me, but I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Cheers

Jenn, Mik & Lex
Aww Russian Blues are so beautiful. My kitties send purrs back - they're very vain girls and appreciate the complement . Lily is a Singapura - she's still a baby at just over 6 months. We're still deciding whether to show her. She loves taking journeys with us - in fact she doesn't like to be left behind when we go somewhere so we take that as a sign she might take to being shown.

I only joined the board in November and had never been a member of a forum before - I'm sure you'll find we're a friendly bunch here - I found TCS really welcoming.
post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thanks Katherine! Alpha Cat - How cool is that? I just love all these names.

And Waffle definitely looks like an adorable little guy

Jenn
post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Aww Russian Blues are so beautiful. My kitties send purrs back - they're very vain girls and appreciate the complement . Lily is a Singapura - she's still a baby at just over 6 months. We're still deciding whether to show her. She loves taking journeys with us - in fact she doesn't like to be left behind when we go somewhere so we take that as a sign she might take to being shown.

I only joined the board in November and had never been a member of a forum before - I'm sure you'll find we're a friendly bunch here - I found TCS really welcoming.
Oh yes, I remember Singapuras from showing... They're very dainty little things, and very sweet Is Lily chatty? 6 months is a great age to start showing. If Lily is okay in the car, that's a start. Some cats are so scared of trips, and I know Mik at the end of his show career was getting a little antsy about travelling and showing, which is why he's a housecat now through and through.

He's content, though a bit chunky at 5 y.o. in comparison to his 2 y.o. brother, Lex! RB's as a breed are great though... very sensitive, intelligent (Lex is a fetchy monster) and a tad jealous of the new man in my life They don't like men much as they know it takes my attention from the 2 most important boys in my life... them!

Jenn
post #9 of 20
Hi Vespa!
Welcome to TCS. I'm sure as you get deeper and deeper addicted into the site or, rather, assimilated in the Borg of kitties.. ..the amount of posts will just pile up naturally. There are times I'm gone for days and times I am mouthy and here all day!
Elizabeth
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
Hi Elizabeth, and thanks!

I'm certainly looking to delve into the Abyss that is the TCS! I'm totally digging it right now! Hoping to be Top Cat in no time

Cheers,

Jenn, Mik & Lex (soon to be part of my crazily constructed avatar *evil grin*)
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespacat
So when do I advance from kittendom, and can anyone tell me the stages from being a little whippersnapper onwards? I'm looking forward to joining the top cats sometime in the future.
Jenn
Dear Jenn,
Welcome to TCS. Like all kittens, you must drink lots of milk, learn to use the litter box, and take lots of naps. Once you reach the top of Mt. Everest, you'll be the Top Cat. Good luck on your quest. May the Force of Meow be with you...

post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thank you, oh wise one. I will take heed of your advice and ensure I use my Kitten curiosity and vitality in order to reach the heights of those where the wise and myterious Top Cats reign.

Expressive avatars and infinite status handles await me...

Jenn
post #13 of 20
Hello VespaCat
post #14 of 20
Welcome to TCS, good luck on your climb to the top.
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Hi Monte - what an adorable Sphynx! A breeder actually let me touch one once back when I was showing Mik (one of my RBs) and are they ever warm. I guess they can catch a draft easily... Do you keep a sweater on your little guy?

Cheers,

Jenn, Mik & Lex (my two Russian Blue boys)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmysphynx
Hello VespaCat
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Cirque! It certainly seems like I can use it, and my Aries rising brings out the drive and ambition needed to aspire to Top Cat!

Cheers,

Jenn, Mik & Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirque
Welcome to TCS, good luck on your climb to the top.
post #17 of 20
Hello Jenn, welcome to the site. Just like real kittens, you won't be a kitten for very long. The more you post the faster you will grow
post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thanks John and Terri, I hope to be a Top Cat in no time! Just have to get working on posting...

Wow, what are bobcats like? They must have quite a different nature from your Pixiebobs...

Take care

Jenn, Mik & Lex (my RB babies - hoping to post some photos soon)
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespacat
Thanks John and Terri, I hope to be a Top Cat in no time! Just have to get working on posting...

Wow, what are bobcats like? They must have quite a different nature from your Pixiebobs...

Take care

Jenn, Mik & Lex (my RB babies - hoping to post some photos soon)
It's like having 2, two year old children running around constantly
post #20 of 20
welcome! I'm too building up after the crash, but nowhere near where i was before it... oh well... i'm not upset at all, just happy posting here and getting great advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Kitten here... aspiring to be a Top Cat