TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What is your dream job?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is your dream job?

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Ok, if reality wasn't an issue, what would be your dream job?
I know mine would be to write for a show like Saturday Night Live or Conan OBrien. And then make a name for myself and write a play that is produced on broadway...I win several tony's and appear on Charlie Rose as the "hottest new playwright since Arthur Miller"..
post #2 of 29
A pastry Chef in France
post #3 of 29
Working with animals in any way I can. Please, someone get me out of this job.
post #4 of 29
I would love to be a chef and have a show on food network. That way it is a combo of my 2 dreams Cooking and having a show on TV.
post #5 of 29
I'm 38 & still don't know!
But lately I have been looking long & hard at my life, still wondering what to do with it, & the only thing that comes up is to be an artist. A successful freelance artist. It was something I was born with, & so far haven't had to spend a dime in education, people have told me I could make a living at it if I applied myself. For starters, I've been thinking of having some pretty, quality stationery sets made up to sell on e-bay..My goal is to break into the show scene by the time I'm 40. I have 171/2 months to go...
post #6 of 29
a reclusive lottery winner or failing that have my own animal sanctuary or urban farm
post #7 of 29
Professional cat/dog/horse petter. hehe I just want to take care of critters all day.
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Ok, if reality wasn't an issue, what would be your dream job?
Rule the world?
post #9 of 29
I think I'd love to work in a daycare, with the babies. I used to do it weekly for chuch and for a college class and I LOVED it... there's something about babies that brings me peace.
post #10 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi
Rule the world?
I wouldnt mind doing that, only I gotta get past my control freak of a sister first

Seriously, I have always wanted to be a forensic anthropologist or a coroner or a criminalist.
post #11 of 29
Do what I'm doing (mother) but get paid a huge weekly check for it (like I'm a rich person's nanny.)
post #12 of 29
My dream job would be anything that involves a beach chair, white sands, and a cocktail.
post #13 of 29
I don't really have one any more. It used to be a published fiction writer. I think now it would be one that would let me sleep and eat whenever I wanted to and gave me plenty of time to be with my husband and kids and pay me enough that we didn't have to worry about finances anymore (oh, and no commute!). I can't really think of anything that fits that description.
post #14 of 29
Viral or Bacterial researcher
post #15 of 29
I would really enjoy being a cat Behaviorist, and Pediatrician or Obstetrician have always been something I've wanted. While we're doing fantasies here, I'll be a Dr. on a huge cruise ship!
post #16 of 29
Be a doctor and find a cure for cancer. Pretty boring but there you are!

(Oh, and a really good singer, as well - but I wouldn't want to do it as a job).
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMom
I don't really have one any more. It used to be a published fiction writer. I think now it would be one that would let me sleep and eat whenever I wanted to and gave me plenty of time to be with my husband and kids and pay me enough that we didn't have to worry about finances anymore (oh, and no commute!). I can't really think of anything that fits that description.

I'm with you Ericka!!
post #18 of 29
A dream job for me would be to build a shelter somewhere here in KY, a shelter with segregated indoor rooms & outdoor pens, for dogs, cats, horses, snakes, alligators, rodents, bunnies, all types of unwanted & cast-off pets who people discharged or abused or mistreated.

And right next door, build my house, so I could oversee all the animals and the people who care for them. I'd only hire true animal lovers & people who went thru a severe background check. And kids could come to the 'farm' for free so the animals get reacclimated to humans again (for pets that were abused). Have rides & games & clowns and stuff like that for the kids. And, once the pets have been retrained & nursed back to health, have the parents of those kids adopt the pets! Once again massive background checks.

So that is my dream job; to oversee, own & run something along those lines. Big dream.
post #19 of 29
i would be a full time mum with 4 kids ( i already want 3 kids) people think im crazy
and have lots of money to pay off my bills and buy toys and clothes for my hubby and kids, and buy lots of food each week so i never have to worry!
post #20 of 29
I would like to do landscape design full time esp-perenial gardens. Some installation also. When not doing that pursuing some of my "arts & crafts" stuff with concrete and welding and some painting. Lucky for me when my job ends in September I can actually try to implement some of these ideas!!
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl
A dream job for me would be to build a shelter somewhere here in KY, a shelter with segregated indoor rooms & outdoor pens, for dogs, cats, horses, snakes, alligators, rodents, bunnies, all types of unwanted & cast-off pets who people discharged or abused or mistreated.

And right next door, build my house, so I could oversee all the animals and the people who care for them. I'd only hire true animal lovers & people who went thru a severe background check. And kids could come to the 'farm' for free so the animals get reacclimated to humans again (for pets that were abused). Have rides & games & clowns and stuff like that for the kids. And, once the pets have been retrained & nursed back to health, have the parents of those kids adopt the pets! Once again massive background checks.

So that is my dream job; to oversee, own & run something along those lines. Big dream.
Wish more people had (and followed through!) with that dream!!!
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Ok, if reality wasn't an issue, what would be your dream job?
I know mine would be to write for a show like Saturday Night Live or Conan OBrien. And then make a name for myself and write a play that is produced on broadway...I win several tony's and appear on Charlie Rose as the "hottest new playwright since Arthur Miller"..
BTW, Marge, I think you would fit in very well as a writer for SNL
post #23 of 29
I would be a vet that could save any and all the animals. The vet part will hopefully come true in a few years, but in reality I know you can't save them all, unfortunately.
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
BTW, Marge, I think you would fit in very well as a writer for SNL
Thanks! we all have our dreams!
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknleah
Working with animals in any way I can. Please, someone get me out of this job.
Amen to that...will you take me with you when you leave?
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten
a reclusive lottery winner or failing that have my own animal sanctuary or urban farm
I could get behind that idea in a heartbeat.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl
A dream job for me would be to build a shelter somewhere here in KY, a shelter with segregated indoor rooms & outdoor pens, for dogs, cats, horses, snakes, alligators, rodents, bunnies, all types of unwanted & cast-off pets who people discharged or abused or mistreated.

And right next door, build my house, so I could oversee all the animals and the people who care for them. I'd only hire true animal lovers & people who went thru a severe background check. And kids could come to the 'farm' for free so the animals get reacclimated to humans again (for pets that were abused). Have rides & games & clowns and stuff like that for the kids. And, once the pets have been retrained & nursed back to health, have the parents of those kids adopt the pets! Once again massive background checks.

So that is my dream job; to oversee, own & run something along those lines. Big dream.
Hey, I think that sounds like a wonderful dream.
post #28 of 29
I want to be a trophy wife But, my husband isn't rich and I am not a trophy by any means.
post #29 of 29
If reality were truly no object, I wanna be Catwoman! That'd be just too groovy!

But seriously, I'd love to be a famous writer of fiction or sci-fi who sinks the monstrously huge book profits into a really great no-kill animal sanctuary and uses my popularity to really come down hard on animal abusers and those &@#% jerks who do the dogfighting thing and crummy stuff like that. I really hate that stuff.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What is your dream job?