Originally Posted by Ilovecats
I had a awful day today, but insted of venting about it, here is the only bright sides I could find.
I'm still alive.
The day isn't over, it could turn out to be good.
I have my sweet furbabies.
What do you think about when you have a bad day? What is your "bright side"?
Hi, this thread is a great idea. Well, to answer your question.
1. I try to list and count my blessings, such as, a loving (if sometimes annoying!) spouse, cat, and kids
2. That we have enough money to eat, pay the bills and live comfortably, even if we don't have EVERYTHING that we want...
3. That even though we are getting older and not making the best choices with a healthy lifestyle (I am MUCH too fat and hub is heavy and SMOKES too
) we are still in reasonably good health
4. That I finally got the courage to put my foot down and stop allowing my father to disrupt my life and use me even if he never speaks to me again.
5. That Jesus died for me and loves me and that God has a plan for my life even if I don't always follow His directions.
6. That I have peace in my life at last even though the daily annoyances sometimes get me down.
7. That I found this forum and have made many dear cyber friends who care about me, even if I never meet them face to face in this world.
8. If I feel overwhelmed or need support, I can always start a thread here and my kind cat friends will answer me, support me and give me ideas on how to cope if I can't figure out an answer for myself or need feed back on the answer I have come up with.
That is my list of thankfuls, and when I am feeling down or upset, I try to go over it and remember how blessed I am, and put the trial of the moment in perspective. Hope it helps a little. Hugs to you and hope that you have a better day tomorrow.