So Chloe is starting to feel better and will eat some on her own. The better she feels, the more she fights me. I'm having a harder time syringe feeding her, a harder time handling the babies (She wants to take them away) A couple of the babies have swollen paws, are still not eating enough (bellies not round and firm but more half round and soft) although she is nursing them. The more I try to check on them the more she gets upset and moves them. I know that I need to leave her alone and let her get settled again, but a couple of the babies seem dangerously thin to me. I am waiting until the vet is in to call with my concerns, but what do I need to do/say to make sure the vet agrees they need to be seen and assessed? I'd hate to lose any due to not getting enough to eat, but I also don't want to stress Chloe out any more unnecessasrily. One of the babies' eye was shut with gunk this morning and I was trying to clean it and she was just so upset. She kept coming over and trying to take it out of my lap and hide him I wish she understood that I'm just trying to help.
post #1 of 4
3/9/05 at 8:30am