TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How does she know???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How does she know???

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
How does Eponine know when Bradley is on the way over? 9 times out of 10, she chooses that time to *ahem* expel solids in her litter box, so Bradley is always greeted with a not-so-lovely smell. Some cats are entirely too clever!!!
post #2 of 22
LOL It's probably something you do when he's coming over that you don't even realize that you do.
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Do you think her "unloading" whenever he's on his way over is her way of trying to ward him off (because I know she gets jealous!)?
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
OK, so I just got off the phone with Bradley... he's on his way over.... and already she's made a beeline to stink up her litterbox! That cat is so nuts!!!
These are my 2 theories:
#1 Bradley comes over at pretty much the same time every night, so maybe that just coincides with the time when Eponine naturally releases her solids.
#2 She hears Bradley's voice through the speakerphone and just hearing her voice ignites her, um, bowels.
I don't know, but it is uncanny!!
post #5 of 22

Why don't you ask Bradley to make an unexpected change in his schedule (talk about it when Eponine is not around)?
post #6 of 22
Hehehehehe...I know the feeling.
Our dog, Pandy, farts when we have company...clears the room every time. Ain't nuthin' like the smell of gas in the evening.
post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi

Why don't you ask Bradley to make an unexpected change in his schedule (talk about it when Eponine is not around)?
You know, that is a really good idea. Time for a scientific study of her behavior...
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn
Hehehehehe...I know the feeling.
Our dog, Pandy, farts when we have company...clears the room every time. Ain't nuthin' like the smell of gas in the evening.
Animals have timing, don't they??? You're right, there is nothing like dog gas...
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn
Hehehehehe...I know the feeling.
Our dog, Pandy, farts when we have company...clears the room every time. Ain't nuthin' like the smell of gas in the evening.
That is so true. Before my dog died he would let some that would not only clear the room but the entire house.
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi

Why don't you ask Bradley to make an unexpected change in his schedule (talk about it when Eponine is not around)?
VERRRY interesting, please let me know if it works, because I have a sort of similar problem with Jasper. Everytime I am going to go to the grocery store he seems to read my mind before I ever even change my clothes, sometimes as soon as I think it to myself it seems! Then he starts running about like a mad thing taking swipes at my legs and giving me mean looks, to wind up blocking the door to try an MAKE me stay home, sigh.......cats are strange and I DON'T go to the store at the same time or even on the same days. Hurm........
post #11 of 22
Isn't that strange? Every single night when I get home Scratchy is in the window waiting for me. I know she's only just hopped up there because the blinds are still swinging - and my job is erratic so I don't get home at the same hour every night, but there she is regardless. And she couldn't hear me in the driveway because I live in a villa that is right up the back of the lot. It's so weird - I think maybe they do have a sixth sense about these things, apparently dogs do, so why not cats, too?
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
Isn't that strange? Every single night when I get home Scratchy is in the window waiting for me. I know she's only just hopped up there because the blinds are still swinging - and my job is erratic so I don't get home at the same hour every night, but there she is regardless. And she couldn't hear me in the driveway because I live in a villa that is right up the back of the lot. It's so weird - I think maybe they do have a sixth sense about these things, apparently dogs do, so why not cats, too?
Now THAT is uncanny! It would be very interesting to look deeper into this sixth sense thing. I do think that animals (more so than humans) are more tapped into their other sense. Humans have learned to rely almost exclusively on our brains (which is why our eyesight, sense of smell, etc) is not nearly as defined as other creatures in the animal kingdom. So there is some merit to the idea that cats are much more tapped into their sixth sense than we are.
post #13 of 22
Love your stories. My Petals always climbes in the litter box AS I'm cleaning it out and makes a deposit. It's like she's thinking, well here, as long as your taking out the garbage, you might as well take this!
post #14 of 22
When I was growing up we had a white cat named Tinker. Our school was on the other side of a large open field about 1/4 mile away from the house, which we crossed coming home although we often took the road way around in the morning because the field could be muddy.

One morning about 10 am, everyone started to laugh and giggle. There was Tinker sitting on the window sill outside of my classroom looking in at us. He stayed for a few minute then jumped down and apparently left. That afternoon when school ended, he came back and jumped up on the same windowsill as we were getting our things together. When we left the building he came running over and then accompanied us back homethrough the field. He started to do this on a regular basis, always coming to the school when classes were over for the day and then walking back home with us. What was really surprising is that he also arrived at the right time to walk home with us even on those days when classes ended early or were only a half day. He always knew. It was a real joke - but a cool one - at school about our cat escort.

Kathryn
post #15 of 22
I swear Sophie leaves a deposit on purpose when i'm on the computer

And she honks more than what Rosie does for some reason?!
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
I swear Sophie leaves a deposit on purpose when i'm on the computer

And she honks more than what Rosie does for some reason?!

Ok my dear Susan, what is honking in England mean?
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
My thought too....how do kitties honk Susan?
post #18 of 22
It's another British word meaning stink!
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn41
When I was growing up we had a white cat named Tinker. Our school was on the other side of a large open field about 1/4 mile away from the house, which we crossed coming home although we often took the road way around in the morning because the field could be muddy.

One morning about 10 am, everyone started to laugh and giggle. There was Tinker sitting on the window sill outside of my classroom looking in at us. He stayed for a few minute then jumped down and apparently left. That afternoon when school ended, he came back and jumped up on the same windowsill as we were getting our things together. When we left the building he came running over and then accompanied us back homethrough the field. He started to do this on a regular basis, always coming to the school when classes were over for the day and then walking back home with us. What was really surprising is that he also arrived at the right time to walk home with us even on those days when classes ended early or were only a half day. He always knew. It was a real joke - but a cool one - at school about our cat escort.

Kathryn
Tinker must have been a cool cat!
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever
Love your stories. My Petals always climbes in the litter box AS I'm cleaning it out and makes a deposit. It's like she's thinking, well here, as long as your taking out the garbage, you might as well take this!
How considerate of Petals.

By the way, Susan, thanks for the new meaning for "honk". I will add that to my vocabulary. "Honking... It's not just for drivers."
post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
Tinker must have been a cool cat!
I agree....Tinker sounded like a real guardcat!! That is one of the cutest stories I've seen in a long time
Maybe I should rename this thread Cats: Super Geniuses
post #22 of 22
I agree with the sixth sense theory...it seems the only explanation for some of the weird and wonderful things our pets do.
I'm with the other folks. I'd love to know the outcome of the experiment too. Does sound like an interesting and worthy one to do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How does she know???