- 16 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone Use Advita versus FortiFlora? Last post on 7/8/15 at 6:27pm in Cat Nutrition
- Flax seed. Last post on 2/16/15 at 5:59pm in Cat Nutrition
- A Good Tip or a Myth? Last post on 1/24/15 at 10:46am in Cat Nutrition
- I think my cat needs vitamins? Last post on 1/31/15 at 7:35pm in Cat Health
- Pancreatic Insufficiency - pancreatic enzyme supplement? Last post on 11/21/14 at 6:42am in Cat Health
Cat Food & Feline Nutrition with Pet Nutritionist Dr. Martha Cline
Last edited: 5/17/14
- Nutritional Supplements for Cats Used by Our MembersLast edited: 10/28/13
- Should I Give My Cat Probiotics?Last edited: 10/15/13
- Nutritional Supplements For CatsLast edited: 2/2/12
I bought the big one with the light balls . My girl was being real picky . She played for a week and lost interest Lucky it allows you to dismantlement it and make it to the smaller circle...
My two cats both love chasing the laser pointer around the house. They never seem to get tired of trying to pounce and chase this bright red laser pointer. Well worth the $
I thought this toy could give my cats treats when I was out for the day. Neither of my two cats would play with the hard plastic toy, mine even has a feather attachment.
This toy looks like it has been in our house for years! You know, the kind of toy the your puppy may have grown up with and still plays with.... but our cat has only had it for 3 months! It has its...
Overall this is a great food, same ingredients as the same brand "freestyle." This one is sold only at PetSmart and even then, only at some stores. The turkey/chicken one that we use is sold at the...
anyone give "brewer's yeast" supplements to their cats?post #1 of 173/6/05 at 4:14pmThread StarterI was recommended this by the owner of Pet Valu today (he is a retired vet) for my 5 month old kitten who has a fractured bone in her leg. He said it will help her now and also later. Just wondering if anyone else uses this? Or if there's any thing I should know about it.post #2 of 173/6/05 at 5:39pmI take brewers yeast myself. It is a yeast that is grown on sugar beets. It is naturally full of vitmains and minerals. A lot of different higher quality pet foods have brewwers yeast in the ingrediants so you migght want to check the labels to see if your cat is already getting it in the food. if not there is no harm in supplimenting a little. You can get powder from the health food store and sprinkle a little on the food or buy the tablets sold for pets.post #3 of 173/6/05 at 7:03pmpost #4 of 173/6/05 at 7:31pmpost #5 of 173/6/05 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by hissyI did read somewhere recently that they are finding out brewer's yeast is bad for cats. It came in my email from a cat group- let me see if I can find the link
Spotzpost #6 of 173/6/05 at 9:36pmHissy, I hope you can find it, I didn't find anything on a quick google, and except for not wanting to give brewers yeast with garlic, as many of them have, I wasn't aware it could be harmful to catspost #7 of 173/6/05 at 9:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pat & AlixHissy, I hope you can find it, I didn't find anything on a quick google, and except for not wanting to give brewers yeast with garlic, as many of them have, I wasn't aware it could be harmful to cats
Spotzpost #8 of 173/6/05 at 10:04pmpost #9 of 173/6/05 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by hissyI haven't been able to find it yet- totally exhausted and crawling into bed. I will look tomorrow for it-post #10 of 173/6/05 at 10:53pmpost #11 of 174/7/05 at 6:24pmI am curious to bump this up in the forum. My vet recommended Brewer's Yeast tonight for my guy's coat. Max & Abbey tend to have fairly bad dandruff. The vet said it can help with the dandruff, shedding, and makes their coats soft. She gives it to her own pets. Had anyone found anything specifically contradictory?post #12 of 171/31/14 at 11:44am
Food to NEVER give your Cat... Yeast dough is one and it explains why here.
BTW... This link is from WebMd.com which is ran by Doctors.
Here is also a link for Food to NEVER give your Dog.
post #13 of 172/23/14 at 6:11ampost #14 of 171/31/15 at 9:55am
Beware of cystitis! I gave my cat products with brewers yeast in them when she injured her spine and became incontinent. A month after her accident she developed inflammatory cystitis. With all her complications, I did not get it and she periodically had dreadful bloody urine for a year before I figured out it was the brewers yeast.post #15 of 171/31/15 at 11:11amBrewer's yeast is used in many foods and cat treats. Cats do derive nutrition from it. Of course as with any ingredient, any specific cat can be sensitive to it or be allergic to it.
I use Vetri-Lysine treats. Almost all of their cat supplements use brewer's yeast as the main base for flavor, and many cats love it.post #16 of 176/17/15 at 7:08ampost #17 of 177/14/15 at 12:16amQuote:
I have found it to be wonderful. My Mom's longest lived cat (23 years) , lived on steady diet of brewer's yeast.
As long as your cat isn't allergic to it, it is valuable.
[source Natural Health Bible for Dogs & Cats By Shawn Messonnier, D.V.M]
- anyone give "brewer's yeast" supplements to their cats?
- Nutritional Supplements for Cats Used by Our Members
- › How to sex a week old kitten 9 minutes ago
- › What breed do you think my kitten is? 13 minutes ago
- › Meow :) 31 minutes ago
- › Pinchface My New Pregnant Cat 34 minutes ago
- › Looking for help on finding a fitting name. 37 minutes ago
- › Don't know what to do-- advice? 38 minutes ago
- › Help me determine the sex of my kitten 41 minutes ago
- › HIGH platelet count! :,( 44 minutes ago
- › DESPERATE PLEASE HELP!! Play Aggression or Something Else? 49 minutes ago
- › Kitty Alarm Clocks 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Catit Design Senses Play Circuit by nessakhoo
- › 2-in-1 Laser Pet Toy Exerciser by Kitty kisser
- › Premier FUNkitty Twist 'N Treat Catnip Toy by Kitty kisser
- › Yeowww! 100% Organic Catnip Toy, Yellow Banana by KKoerner
- › Nulo MedalSeries Wet Food - Various Recipes/Flavors by KKoerner
- › Nulo FreeStyle Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Recipes/Flavors by KKoerner
- › Sherpa Original Deluxe Pet Carrier by KKoerner
- › Groovy Sphynx - Eastern Ohio, OH by Drumhorse
- › CrackleChute Collapsible Tunnel by Laura H
- › Play-N-Squeak Backyard Cat Toy by catluvr321