- 16 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Flax seed. Last post on 2/16/15 at 5:59pm in Cat Nutrition
- A Good Tip or a Myth? Last post on 1/24/15 at 10:46am in Cat Nutrition
- I think my cat needs vitamins? Last post on 1/31/15 at 7:35pm in Cat Health
- Pancreatic Insufficiency - pancreatic enzyme supplement? Last post on 11/21/14 at 6:42am in Cat Health
- Apricot Oil Last post on 11/20/14 at 4:24pm in Cat Health
Cat Food & Feline Nutrition with Pet Nutritionist Dr. Martha Cline
Last edited: 5/17/14
- Nutritional Supplements for Cats Used by Our MembersLast edited: 10/28/13
- Should I Give My Cat Probiotics?Last edited: 10/15/13
- Nutritional Supplements For CatsLast edited: 2/2/12
Granted, I got some samples of the food through an awesome contest here on The Cat Site, I can't judge on the pricing. It seems expensive on Amazon. My normally picky cat ate this food without...
I tried several brands I found the Purina Cat Chow Gatitos (as it's called in Mexico). It comes in a convenient 1500 gr that lasted me about 4-5 days for a momma and 4 baby cats. All of them...
My fiance proposed to me in May with our beautiful kitten which we picked out in Karen's home in early April. Most of the cats were kept in a separate room and we didn't see them however there was...
The Respiratory Relief doesn't seem like my kitty baby's favorite litter so far (out of 3) but it's mine! The other 3 were cheap, but very dusty and I couldn't stand the heavy perfume smell of the...
I purchase the Turkey/Chicken, Chicken/Herring and Beef/Lamb and my picky cats really love them. Smell is not powerful and product has been consistent. They all do contain some fish and only come...
anyone give "brewer's yeast" supplements to their cats?post #1 of 163/6/05 at 4:14pmThread StarterI was recommended this by the owner of Pet Valu today (he is a retired vet) for my 5 month old kitten who has a fractured bone in her leg. He said it will help her now and also later. Just wondering if anyone else uses this? Or if there's any thing I should know about it.post #2 of 163/6/05 at 5:39pmI take brewers yeast myself. It is a yeast that is grown on sugar beets. It is naturally full of vitmains and minerals. A lot of different higher quality pet foods have brewwers yeast in the ingrediants so you migght want to check the labels to see if your cat is already getting it in the food. if not there is no harm in supplimenting a little. You can get powder from the health food store and sprinkle a little on the food or buy the tablets sold for pets.post #3 of 163/6/05 at 7:03pmpost #4 of 163/6/05 at 7:31pmpost #5 of 163/6/05 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by hissyI did read somewhere recently that they are finding out brewer's yeast is bad for cats. It came in my email from a cat group- let me see if I can find the link
Spotzpost #6 of 163/6/05 at 9:36pmHissy, I hope you can find it, I didn't find anything on a quick google, and except for not wanting to give brewers yeast with garlic, as many of them have, I wasn't aware it could be harmful to catspost #7 of 163/6/05 at 9:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pat & AlixHissy, I hope you can find it, I didn't find anything on a quick google, and except for not wanting to give brewers yeast with garlic, as many of them have, I wasn't aware it could be harmful to cats
Spotzpost #8 of 163/6/05 at 10:04pmpost #9 of 163/6/05 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by hissyI haven't been able to find it yet- totally exhausted and crawling into bed. I will look tomorrow for it-post #10 of 163/6/05 at 10:53pmpost #11 of 164/7/05 at 6:24pmI am curious to bump this up in the forum. My vet recommended Brewer's Yeast tonight for my guy's coat. Max & Abbey tend to have fairly bad dandruff. The vet said it can help with the dandruff, shedding, and makes their coats soft. She gives it to her own pets. Had anyone found anything specifically contradictory?post #12 of 161/31/14 at 11:44am
Food to NEVER give your Cat... Yeast dough is one and it explains why here.
BTW... This link is from WebMd.com which is ran by Doctors.
Here is also a link for Food to NEVER give your Dog.
post #13 of 162/23/14 at 6:11ampost #14 of 161/31/15 at 9:55am
Beware of cystitis! I gave my cat products with brewers yeast in them when she injured her spine and became incontinent. A month after her accident she developed inflammatory cystitis. With all her complications, I did not get it and she periodically had dreadful bloody urine for a year before I figured out it was the brewers yeast.post #15 of 161/31/15 at 11:11amBrewer's yeast is used in many foods and cat treats. Cats do derive nutrition from it. Of course as with any ingredient, any specific cat can be sensitive to it or be allergic to it.
I use Vetri-Lysine treats. Almost all of their cat supplements use brewer's yeast as the main base for flavor, and many cats love it.
- anyone give "brewer's yeast" supplements to their cats?
- Nutritional Supplements for Cats Used by Our Members
- › We moved will my cat come back? Very worried 6 minutes ago
- › Need advice for 2 cats and vacation! 17 minutes ago
- › Sick, possibly FIV+ Feral Kitten 17 minutes ago
- › The "Black Cat" room - redux 30 minutes ago
- › Third cat introduction went well, but now integration is going... 33 minutes ago
- › Introducing New Cat 35 minutes ago
- › How do I catch my cat who ran away from home? 39 minutes ago
- › Pregnant cat, first litter for me and her 41 minutes ago
- › New kitty is FIV + 43 minutes ago
- › New to caring for a stray/feral and second-guessing myself and need... 44 minutes ago
- › Spring Naturals Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Flavors by Draco
- › Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food by MagiksGirl
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by kaybee3
- › Precious Cat Respiratory Releif Clay Premium all Natual Cat Litter... by Bonitababy
- › Nulo FreeStyle Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Recipes/Flavors by Faeleen
- › The First Years American Red Cross Soothing Baby Scale by Bonitababy
- › Grreat Choice Cozy Inn Cat Tree by Bonitababy
- › Iams Proactive Health Adult Pate - various flavors by Juliacat
- › Grreat Choice® Pate Adult Cat Food by Juliacat
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by Juliacat
- › I Need good name for 3 kittens help
- › Community Guidelines & Practices -...
- › Apat the Escape Artist
- › Little Miss Kitten, LMK
- › Mazy's cat page
- › Golden Eyes - Picture of the Week #1526
- › All About Purraise
- › Bucky the adorable kitten
- › Shades of Gray - Picture of the Week #1525
- › You've Got Mail!