- 16 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone Use Advita versus FortiFlora? Last post on 7/8/15 at 6:27pm in Cat Nutrition
- Flax seed. Last post on 2/16/15 at 5:59pm in Cat Nutrition
- A Good Tip or a Myth? Last post on 1/24/15 at 10:46am in Cat Nutrition
- I think my cat needs vitamins? Last post on 1/31/15 at 7:35pm in Cat Health
- Pancreatic Insufficiency - pancreatic enzyme supplement? Last post on 11/21/14 at 6:42am in Cat Health
Cat Food & Feline Nutrition with Pet Nutritionist Dr. Martha Cline
Last edited: 5/17/14
- Nutritional Supplements for Cats Used by Our MembersLast edited: 10/28/13
- Should I Give My Cat Probiotics?Last edited: 10/15/13
- Nutritional Supplements For CatsLast edited: 2/2/12
My cat does very well on all of the Fancy Feast classic flavors. I serve her a different flavor everyday, so that she is getting different nutrients everyday. She loves all of the flavors....
I always purchase discount gift cards for my online purchases from sites like Card Cash where I make sure those cards are accepted online. If you have any questions in regards to your reward...
I wish I'd stumbled on this site before I bought 2 kittens from Karen in May 2015. I purchased 2 girls from Karen and encountered pretty much the same problems as the other reviewers. I did have a...
I love this letterbox! I have a 13 lb cat that is a vigorous digger; and it works very well for us! I really like the bins at the end for storage of baggies and litter scoop, and dustpan and hand...
I emailed Cindy and we exchanged information a few times. She seemed to want to know about our family to ensure a good placement and there were no red flags initially. However after I sent a...
anyone give "brewer's yeast" supplements to their cats?post #1 of 173/6/05 at 4:14pmThread StarterI was recommended this by the owner of Pet Valu today (he is a retired vet) for my 5 month old kitten who has a fractured bone in her leg. He said it will help her now and also later. Just wondering if anyone else uses this? Or if there's any thing I should know about it.post #2 of 173/6/05 at 5:39pmI take brewers yeast myself. It is a yeast that is grown on sugar beets. It is naturally full of vitmains and minerals. A lot of different higher quality pet foods have brewwers yeast in the ingrediants so you migght want to check the labels to see if your cat is already getting it in the food. if not there is no harm in supplimenting a little. You can get powder from the health food store and sprinkle a little on the food or buy the tablets sold for pets.post #3 of 173/6/05 at 7:03pmpost #4 of 173/6/05 at 7:31pmpost #5 of 173/6/05 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by hissyI did read somewhere recently that they are finding out brewer's yeast is bad for cats. It came in my email from a cat group- let me see if I can find the link
Spotzpost #6 of 173/6/05 at 9:36pmHissy, I hope you can find it, I didn't find anything on a quick google, and except for not wanting to give brewers yeast with garlic, as many of them have, I wasn't aware it could be harmful to catspost #7 of 173/6/05 at 9:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pat & AlixHissy, I hope you can find it, I didn't find anything on a quick google, and except for not wanting to give brewers yeast with garlic, as many of them have, I wasn't aware it could be harmful to cats
Spotzpost #8 of 173/6/05 at 10:04pmpost #9 of 173/6/05 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by hissyI haven't been able to find it yet- totally exhausted and crawling into bed. I will look tomorrow for it-post #10 of 173/6/05 at 10:53pmpost #11 of 174/7/05 at 6:24pmI am curious to bump this up in the forum. My vet recommended Brewer's Yeast tonight for my guy's coat. Max & Abbey tend to have fairly bad dandruff. The vet said it can help with the dandruff, shedding, and makes their coats soft. She gives it to her own pets. Had anyone found anything specifically contradictory?post #12 of 171/31/14 at 11:44am
Food to NEVER give your Cat... Yeast dough is one and it explains why here.
BTW... This link is from WebMd.com which is ran by Doctors.
Here is also a link for Food to NEVER give your Dog.
post #13 of 172/23/14 at 6:11ampost #14 of 171/31/15 at 9:55am
Beware of cystitis! I gave my cat products with brewers yeast in them when she injured her spine and became incontinent. A month after her accident she developed inflammatory cystitis. With all her complications, I did not get it and she periodically had dreadful bloody urine for a year before I figured out it was the brewers yeast.post #15 of 171/31/15 at 11:11amBrewer's yeast is used in many foods and cat treats. Cats do derive nutrition from it. Of course as with any ingredient, any specific cat can be sensitive to it or be allergic to it.
I use Vetri-Lysine treats. Almost all of their cat supplements use brewer's yeast as the main base for flavor, and many cats love it.post #16 of 176/17/15 at 7:08ampost #17 of 177/14/15 at 12:16amQuote:
I have found it to be wonderful. My Mom's longest lived cat (23 years) , lived on steady diet of brewer's yeast.
As long as your cat isn't allergic to it, it is valuable.
[source Natural Health Bible for Dogs & Cats By Shawn Messonnier, D.V.M]
- anyone give "brewer's yeast" supplements to their cats?
- Nutritional Supplements for Cats Used by Our Members
- › My cat twisted its leg 22 seconds ago
- › Mange mites problem need suggestions asap 29 seconds ago
- › Labor? 1 minute ago
- › What's the last thing you ate - 2015 1 minute ago
- › VOTE NOW - August Picture of the Month - Trump Your Cat 3 minutes ago
- › Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty? 4 minutes ago
- › Hello from California! 4 minutes ago
- › Cat spay? 4 minutes ago
- › spiteful cat? how do i break the bad behavior? 6 minutes ago
- › Suspected IBD and frequent vomiting- need advice please! 6 minutes ago
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by raysmyheart
- › Petco.com by AbbynHenry
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by ttck815
- › Petmate Giant Litter Pan by Walkingrock
- › Two Comrades - Culpeper, Virginia & Southern California by jmb16
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by sabycat
- › Newman's Own Organics Canned Cat Food by betsygee
- › Cat's Best Öko Plus by Morganalefae
- › Smilla Kitten Wet Food by Morganalefae
- › ZooPlus.com by Morganalefae