March Madness

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok March MAdness starts in a week or so... who's planing on watching? Who's going to the dance? Who's going to walk away with the national title??

kimichan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just had to ask my boyfriend what March Madness was. Basketball, right?
I'm not a sports fan, but I could cheer for your team!! What's the dance? I wanna go!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MArch Madness is the NCAA basketball playoffs, "the dance" is the tournment's nick name. 65 teams go I think?? WVU is still on the bubble.... we have to win at least 1 game in the big east tournment to have a chance to go.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NCAA= National Collegiate Athletic Association.

College basketball national playoffs. How can you not hear of it?? That all I hear about on the news after it starts

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't worry, I know what it is and will probably watch some of the games. Hubby is a die hard UNC fan so I gotta watch it with him.

Go Tarheels!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah!!! someone who knows what I'm talking about!!!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know about it but I only know about it because I've worked for a CBS affiliate for the past 2 years and have to air it. Before then, I was clueless.

As to whether I'll watch... I dunno! I bet I'll watch the end of some games to find out what time our newscast will start!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My school went last year - University of Central Florida. But apparently they didn't make it this year (the star player graduated), so I really don't care. hehe But, I'll give good vibes to whoever wants them for their team.

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't watch, but I'll read the headlines.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miami did not make it, but they had a great season, everybody predicted them to be in last place in the ACC, but they proved everybody wrong. I love March Madness, I'm going for Duke and North Carolina since they are both in the ACC. I used to cheer for the Big East, but Miami is no longer in that conference. I will root for Boston College because they are coming to the ACC next year, and I will root for UCONN because I've always been a fan of them (since 1992).

I don't know who's going to win the Championship, but Illinois has to be the favorite.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my own beef with the ACC. They raid the Big East, cause those Big East teams who were left to play schools like James Madison. Granted they are good for a 1-AA school, but I'd rather be playing schools in the same division. B/c Acc raided the Big East, the Big East had to raid other conferences like Conference USA and the MAC. But b/c the Big East had to go shopping for new schools, we are going to have the best basketball conference in the nation. 11 teams are most like going to be elagible for the NCAA Tournement. For those not picked to go, will have the NIT to look forward to, with a chance to win it all.

So was the Acc raid a good thing??? I don't know

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was last year. I had Sryacuse going all the way, which they did. My Dad didn't hand in the money for my braket. I could have won $500!!!! That's the second time something liket hat has happened!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I heard my alma mater - University of Southern Indiana - has a berth.

Anyway, this month is Hoosier Hysteria as the high school teams play. my hhigh school girl's team went as far as semi-state and the boy's team was eliminated in the finals of the sectionals.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow what is happening..... Ohio State upsets Illinois, North Carolina beats Duke, Kansas Loses to Missouri, Florida beats Kentucky, and NC State narrowly lost to Wake Forest at the buzzer. Today was the best day for College basketball I have seen in a while!!!!

That is why I love college sports. The atmosphere is like no other!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone said somthing about Central Florida not making it to the NCAA..... They did!!! according to ESPN

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was a great day for college basketball. I can't believe Illinois lost to Ohio State, you don't know how much I hate OSU. It was sweet seeing Kansas and Kentucky lose today.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like WVU will be going to the NCAA!!! Let's hope for a victory over Boston College!!!!