TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Radio question for the day: 03/01/05
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Radio question for the day: 03/01/05

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I guess this one is for smokers mostly.


What method do you think is best for quitting smoking?
post #2 of 19
Tee hee, I don't smoke, but I'm proud to see that you spelled radio correctly today, Susie! <G>
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Tee hee, I don't smoke, but I'm proud to see that you spelled radio correctly today, Susie! <G>





post #4 of 19
Death.
I'm a smoker and quitting is impossible. If I had a gazillion dollars I would try other methods.
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Tee hee, I don't smoke, but I'm proud to see that you spelled radio correctly today, Susie! <G>
Same here and you`re so right Cindy!
post #6 of 19
I don't smoke. No one should, but me especially, sense I'm only 14.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

What method do you think is best for quitting smoking?
Cancer and then death.
That always seems to work.
post #8 of 19
I don't smoke personally, but I heard from my father-in-law that the best way is just deciding that you don't need it anymore. People who think they need it will still reach for it and think that they can't live without it. Take my StepDad, he went in for surgery, had a cancerious( I don't know if I spelled that right) growth on his heart and the doc said by the time you get out the nicotine will be out of your system, what is he doing now, smoking! So, maybe it comes down to the decision? Just a thought.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGirl
I don't smoke personally, but I heard from my father-in-law that the best way is just deciding that you don't need it anymore. People who think they need it will still reach for it and think that they can't live without it. Take my StepDad, he went in for surgery, had a cancerious( I don't know if I spelled that right) growth on his heart and the doc said by the time you get out the nicotine will be out of your system, what is he doing now, smoking! So, maybe it comes down to the decision? Just a thought.
Yes thats right, My bf has been smoking since he was 11/12, he will be 21 in a few hours and he is trying to quit! he has been on and off in the past week. Tomorrow he vowes that its his last pack of cigarettes and that he isnt going to smoke again because he doesnt need it and its money wasting
lets see if it will work!
Me personally i dont smoke!
post #10 of 19
I don't smoke but for those that would want to quit i'd take them along to the oral cancer unit at the local hospital and that would scare the hell out of them!
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Tee hee, I don't smoke, but I'm proud to see that you spelled radio correctly today, Susie! <G>
post #12 of 19
I don't smoke and never have. But the friends and family I know who have given up smoking seem to reach a point where they really don't want to smoke. Not just, well I know I shouldn't do it so I'll try quitting; but really making a decision that they don't want to smoke anymore. Then, they seem to get through the giving up period much better and with more determination.
post #13 of 19
I was a Teenage Smoker. Age 13 thru 19. But only around friends, I really didn't like it, so, when I quit, this is how I did it:

I started hanging around non smokers. I started singing in a band (lungs expanded more after I quit!). And, to ease the nicotine withdrawal, I switched to Menthols, which I totally hated. I then went to Menthol Lights, and finally, stopped altogether.

Now, I just have an occasional cigar when I drink, which is not often. But, like Clinton, I do NOT inhale.

post #14 of 19
i would say the patches, but everyones their own
post #15 of 19
I don't smoke, but I think quitting "cold turkey" would be the best way.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl
But, like Clinton, I do NOT inhale.

LOL
Both of my uncles successfully quit after years of smoking. One quit cold-turkey for no reason in particular (just his health) and the other uncle quit cold-turkey after having a heart attack.
I've heard that quitting an addiction to smoking is more difficult than quitting the addiction to heroin!
post #17 of 19
I don't smoke either and never will!
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazx01
i would say the patches, but everyones their own

post #19 of 19
Being a smoker, I would say all you can eat buffets.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Radio question for the day: 03/01/05