Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
I'm really enjoying your great answers, Cindy!
1. Have you ever had any type of music lessons (piano, voice...)
2. What is your favorite type of tennis shoe, and what color do you prefer. How about your favorite dress shoe?
3. What do you wear to work on an average day?
4. What is your most cherished material possession, and why?
5. We know Charlie prepares dinner most days. How about when you make dinner, what is your favorite meal to prepare?
1. I had about 3 years of piano lessons, all totaled together. Like I told someone who asked me one day, I know enough about music to be dangerous, yes, I can read music pretty well, but I depend more on my ear than anything else. I can sight-read and play just about anything, but we'll get it learned a whole lot faster if you can sing it for me, just to get me started off on the right foot. I have had two years of vocal training, wish I had time to take some more, but I don't see that happening in the near future!
2. Now, don't laugh, I work in a shoe store, but I'd rather be barefoot just about any time of the day! My alltime favorite tennis shoe is a Nike 180 that was being manufactured between 1991 and 1995, no longer being around. That being said, 99% of the time my tennis shoes are Easy Spirits, usually any color I can find, as long as they fit. I also prefer Easy Spirit dress shoes, but I'm not quite as picky about them as my tennis shoes, 'cause I'm not on my feet in them all the time.
3. Usually some form of elastic waist pants, either denims or scrub type, and either a t-shirt or polo type shirt. I don't dress fancy, and since I'm just as prone to be down on my kneeds scrubbing toilets or crawling under shelves looking for lost shoes as I am just running the register I go for neatness and comfort over looks and "style".
4.Actually, I have two, and they're both rings (funny thing is, I don't wear rings much, except for my wedding band when I'm going out)......the first one was my paternal grandmother's wedding band. The day that we had her funeral, as they were preparing to close the coffin, the funeral director took it off her hand and gave it to my dad, who promptly turned around and gave it to me! The other is a ring that Charlie bought me from a friend of ours while we were dating. I don't get to wear it much now, 'cause the knuckle on my ring finger swells too much for me to get it over it a lot of the time.
5. Do PopTarts count?
Usually I cook salmon patties with english peas and mac and cheese or taco salad. I can actually cook, but I am terribly out of practice, and that makes me a tad slow in the kitchen.