TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › yahoo! look at my ziggy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

yahoo! look at my ziggy

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
im so happy ive got a beauiful ziggy of all my babbies from Cirque
Tim Bowen since i don't have the brains to do this now with a little help from my friend ive got a wonderful ziggy it sure is nice to have friends out there on the catsite

thank you thank you thank you 'Cirque'

I love it!
post #2 of 19
aww, thats nice... he does do a very good job doesnt he? very cute fur family!!!
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferr84
aww, thats nice... he does do a very good job doesnt he? very cute fur family!!!
thank you i like your ziggy to matter of fact ive been watching all the ziggies floating around the cat site lately and i love all of them
post #4 of 19
i have tried messing around with a photo program on my computer and tried to create a siggy, yea, didnt turn out good at all.... i like all the siggy's around here, they are very unique, i dont have a favorite, they all have things about them that are super cute (like the animals!!!)
post #5 of 19
awwww, it looks great!!

with a family that beautiful no wonder you want to show them off
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRhonda
thank you i like your ziggy to matter of fact ive been watching all the ziggies floating around the cat site lately and i love all of them
Grin. thanks! I love making them to be sure, it defintly keeps me busy. Granted, some I like more then others.. and some are never used (thats ok!) but each one gives me the chance to learn a little more, think a little diffrently and try to make one more person in the world of billions happy about their pets. To me that is simply priceless and the best use of my time that I have come up with to date. I love each and every chance to show off your pets and let you feel that much better about posting at TheCatSite.com. I have grown to love this website in such a short time.. obvious by my posting all over.. and it is such a great way for someone with my issues to express themselves "safely". This is currently, without a doubt, my favorite website even over my own! *grin* I find it hard to think of any group of people that are as kind and generous as the cat lovers I have stumbled upon here and it makes me treasure my two rescue cats that much more every single day. I am exposed to new ideas and new things to think about on a daily basis and some of them are even life changing in changing the ways I view every day life and situations. All that from looking for help with my cats and offering my talents to those who can use them.. to me thats a fair exchange to say the least. ok.. enough of me being verbose.. Buddy is going after Casey again and then after being chewed out by my GF came slinking in to me to cry about it....

My real question.. how can I get Buddy to accept Casey and not see her as a threat or something to chase? He doesnt seem to do any real damage.. but dang if he doesnt go after her any time my girl friend is around.. and most likely even when shes not.. I love Buddy and Casey and would hate to rehome Buddy but he was last one in so first one out if anyone goes... any ideas?
post #7 of 19
That looks awesome! Cirque makes it look so easy, too. (but it's not!)
post #8 of 19
Wonderful, Rhonda, your babies are so beautiful!Great job, Cirque!

Cirque, you may want to post your question in our Behavior Forum where our experts in that area will be sure to see it! I know you don't want to lose one of your babies.
post #9 of 19
Love your new Siggy.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
Wonderful, Rhonda, your babies are so beautiful!Great job, Cirque!

Cirque, you may want to post your question in our Behavior Forum where our experts in that area will be sure to see it! I know you don't want to lose one of your babies.
I think I will have to post a nice verbose message about Buddy and Casey soon. I am quite chatty sometimes. I have posted in other threads, but I think most people only read the first/last posts in a thread :P Oh well!! Gotta watch Smallville now since noones ask for a sig lately, grin. That last one looks so cool though.. I love sigs!
post #11 of 19
Love it Rhonda!
post #12 of 19
Rhonda - what a beautiful siggy - Cirque has captured your personality in that siggy somehow - I don't know how to express it but you just seem to shine from it.
post #13 of 19
Cirque - forgive my question - is Casey your girlfriend (I hope she's not offended if Casey's another cat )

If Casey is your girlfriend - she could try sitting down with Buddy and giving him some treats and talking gently to him - that's how we build trust with the ferals.

If Casey is another cat - try giving them treats together, so Buddy associates getting treats with the other cat. You could also try playing with them together - gradually bringing them closer - again that's how our other cats came to some kind of (grudging ) acceptance with our feral.

Good luck! and btw another great siggy!!
post #14 of 19
Great Siggy, Rhonda!

Well made, Cirque!
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Cirque - forgive my question - is Casey your girlfriend (I hope she's not offended if Casey's another cat )

If Casey is your girlfriend - she could try sitting down with Buddy and giving him some treats and talking gently to him - that's how we build trust with the ferals.

If Casey is another cat - try giving them treats together, so Buddy associates getting treats with the other cat. You could also try playing with them together - gradually bringing them closer - again that's how our other cats came to some kind of (grudging ) acceptance with our feral.

Good luck! and btw another great siggy!!
*LAUGH* KC/Casey is the other kitty we rescused as a kitten many years ago. She is very "timid" so treats don't work sadly, shes to timid to eat them with Buddy around and I am not sure she even likes cat treats.

I have tried to play with them both, and that almost worked.. she has a very strong play drive to chase string of course so does Buddy.. well he will chase most anything. Of course Buddy tried to go after her twice.. but I was able to stop him short and she did not run, she stayed under the table.

What gets me is that she is out all day in the house, usually hiding but Buddy knows where.. and he does not usually go after here once shes in her "spot" behind the green chair, but if she tries to come out you can bet hes right after her. I am trying to get her to come for food but shes still so scared she won't.. but shes making progress as long as Buddy is shut up I can coax her into the kitchen for breakfast now if she actually sees me and I call her and keep letting her see me as I get closer and closer to the kitchen..until finally shes in and eating. Poor baby, I feel so bad for her.
post #16 of 19
Ahhh I see. You should post in the Ferals/Stray forum - we're always talking about this kind of thing. It sounds just like *normal* feral behaviour.

One of the issues could be that Buddy feels competition for food. This was a tip I came across when socialising Adelaide - always feed the resident cat first. Then put the newer cats food down. I used to feed them at opposite ends of the conservatory also. That way the resident cat always feels there is no competition for their food and it establishes the *pecking order*. It takes a while, but ultimately they just don't care who gets fed first. Adelaide, Tippy and Felicity now eat side by side at the same time in the same room. It will happen, it just takes time.

Hope this helps.

Look forward to seeing you in the Ferals Forum.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Ahhh I see. You should post in the Ferals/Stray forum - we're always talking about this kind of thing. It sounds just like *normal* feral behaviour.

One of the issues could be that Buddy feels competition for food. This was a tip I came across when socialising Adelaide - always feed the resident cat first. Then put the newer cats food down. I used to feed them at opposite ends of the conservatory also. That way the resident cat always feels there is no competition for their food and it establishes the *pecking order*. It takes a while, but ultimately they just don't care who gets fed first. Adelaide, Tippy and Felicity now eat side by side at the same time in the same room. It will happen, it just takes time.

Hope this helps.

Look forward to seeing you in the Ferals Forum.
I started out with Buddy locked in here for that first week, and he used to get fed locked in here while she ate out there (hopefully). I have switched to feeding him first in the kitchen, letting him eat, then bringing him in here. Then feeding Casey out there because otherwise he would just gobble down all her food and of course she wouldn't dare go into the kitchen with him there if she can help it. Slowly making progress.. and I hope to get her to come when called for food someday soon. After shes done, I let him back out and he goes right to the kitchen and finishes anything she didn't. - And they always have dry food to free feed on as well.


By that time the GF has usually left for work and Buddy does not usually go after Casey that much. Usually more when my GF is home... HUM.
post #18 of 19
If KC has established herself as your cat, it could be that Buddy is trying to establish himself as GF's cat and keep KC away from her. If I remember correctly, it was your GF who found Buddy originally and then you both went back to the Shelter to bring him home? He may want to be GF's cat and once that is sorted will settle a little.

Whatever it is - it's still early days. But I know it's so hard to see one of your other original cats scared away by the newcomer. They do come round in time though.
post #19 of 19
awww your siggy looks great
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › yahoo! look at my ziggy