TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The cruel side of human nature
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The cruel side of human nature - Page 2

post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferr84
who cares who they support, that is the beautiful thing about being an individual you can support whoever you want, hopefully without getting attacked by people who dont think the same as you... it is an opinion, a belief, and i am pretty sure everyone here has one... and i am twice as sure that they are not all the same

Of course they can support who they want, but my gosh if they say they dont' like people for starting wars and ruining the plant and then give their God given vote to someone who does both so blatantly? I do think there is no hope for human beings then!
post #32 of 45
Ok, wading in here with my Mod hat on. I had hoped the political digression might restrict itself to one comment and the appropriate reply, but it seems not. A mere mention of the fact that it's human beings who are responsible for wars, in a discussion about the less attractive side of human nature, should not need to become yet another vehicle for having at the current US administration. This thread is not about war or politics per se. It is about the cruel side of human nature. Can we get back to that, please?

Thank you.
post #33 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47
Ok, wading in here with my Mod hat on. I had hoped the political digression might restrict itself to one comment and the appropriate reply, but it seems not. A mere mention of the fact that it's human beings who are responsible for wars, in a discussion about the less attractive side of human nature, should not need to become yet another vehicle for having at the current US administration. This thread is not about war or politics per se. It is about the cruel side of human nature. Can we get back to that, please?

Thank you.
With all due respect, I don't see how you can divorce the two things, cruelty and war. The people who want to put the horses out I am sure feel justified, they are doing the "right thing" just as a War mongering President thinks the same. The difference is the public can say no to the president, and yet i am amazed how many people, who say they believe differently, voted him in and thus his policies in. It's shameful.
post #34 of 45
Marge, no one is asking you to divorce cruelty and war. You can't. But could we not turn every single comment about war in general into a political statement about the current US administration, please? That's all I'm asking.
post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47
Marge, no one is asking you to divorce cruelty and war. You can't. But could we not turn every single comment about war in general into a political statement about the current US administration, please? That's all I'm asking.
As I said, the irony was just so thick I couldn't ignore it like some big dead elephant in the room. Someone who supported who got us into war AND stomps on the environment like a used cigarrette is then saying they dont' like humans and perfer animals cause they don't start wars nor ruin environments! WHAT???????

Ugh if I have to ignore that I am going to throw myself in front of a truck!
post #36 of 45
Thread Starter 
Personally, I am more concerned about those horses right now, than who is the President or even his policies. One thing I do know is that he has nothng to do with this situation. We are having a short dry out spell, but it's supposed to start raining for several days again, starting on Monday. I am so terribly upset and worried about the horses, that I even have trouble sleeping, thinking about them being buried alive under all of that mud an debris. I know one thing, if even one of those horses ends up dying because of this, I'm gonna wanna go kick some South Pasadena butt.
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker
Personally, I am more concerned about those horses right now, than who is the President or even his policies. One thing I do know is that he has nothng to do with this situation. We are having a short dry out spell, but it's supposed to start raining for several days again, starting on Monday. I am so terribly upset and worried about the horses, that I even have trouble sleeping, thinking about them being buried alive under all of that mud an debris. I know one thing, if even one of those horses ends up dying because of this, I'm gonna wanna go kick some South Pasadena butt.
And all because people are afraid of a little horse manure!!! Well they better not allow horses in parades in that town either. Please keep us posted. What a terrible situation.
post #38 of 45
I know it's not much, but have you thought of a letter writing campaign? Any stink is good.
post #39 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
I know it's not much, but have you thought of a letter writing campaign? Any stink is good.
Maybe I should write something to the LA Times Editorial section. My heart is just sick about this.
post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker
Maybe I should write something to the LA Times Editorial section. My heart is just sick about this.
Totally do it. I swear it's more effective than you think.
And don't let up, keep writing, write directly to one columnist who you think might read it. I write to columnists all the time here and I get responses more than I thought i would.
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
I know it's not much, but have you thought of a letter writing campaign? Any stink is good.
That could work. The public uproar around here regarding the generator caused an emergency meeting which resulted in the noise ordinance being amended for emergencies.
post #42 of 45
Is it possible that the people who said "we don't want them here" have not been made fully aware of the danger to the horses? They may also be thinking that there is somewhere else out of danger that they could be kept. And, in the way of the NIMBY folks, are blinding themselves to the real situation. Has anyone gotten the community together for a meeting and explained everything in a forum where the community could express their concerns? Surely this could be resolved. Then again, I deal with planning issues every day. I get NIMBY all the time. And BANANA (build absolutely nothing, anywhere, near anything). The most enraged neighbors I've ever talked to about a project were not upset about a 400-home subdivision wiping out oak trees and vernal pools, they were really ticked about a project that would result in THREE NEW HOUSES going up on a vacant lot in the middle of a developed residential area. No trees coming out, no other biological resources, nothing at all of concern. Except that it was in their backyard. The HORROR.

Oh, and having a horse myself I must say, I LOVE the smell of horse. Their manure doesn't smell to ME. I mean, come on, it's just digested grass/alfalfa (cows stink because of the high concentration of grain they get fed). Sure the urine can smell, but that can be managed. Horses are nice people. And they aren't terribly noisy. I think they make good neighbors.
post #43 of 45
Hmmm, I wonder what people smell like to horses Have the owners of the horses looked anywhere else? There has got to be another ranch somwhere that has horses that would be happy to take them in.
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi
Oh, and having a horse myself I must say, I LOVE the smell of horse.


I also love horses, they have a smell all their own. Love that, too. It's too bad those people are so self-ionvolved that they won't allow those horse to be somewhere safe. How would they feel if someone didn't want them around, and they had to go back to a dangerous location?
post #45 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren.1


I also love horses, they have a smell all their own. Love that, too. It's too bad those people are so self-ionvolved that they won't allow those horse to be somewhere safe. How would they feel if someone didn't want them around, and they had to go back to a dangerous location?

In my opinion, there's nothing like the smell of a horses nose. I love that smell and the soft warm velvetting feel of nuzzling up to the nose of a horse.

So far the horses are safe, as that hill hasn't come down on them. Hpefully we won't get any major rain for a while. We're expecting a bit of rain on Monday, but they said it will be light.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The cruel side of human nature