I can tell you why cats wanted to become domesticated!!!
1. Big warm bed to sleep in, with a human lying underneath the covers to keep Cat warm
2. Food, lots of food; maybe even scraps during Holidays
3. Toilets & sinks to drink from!!!
4. Warm, safe windows to sun themselves in
5. Humans to pet the Cat, love on the Cat, caress Cat and be kneaded upon when human lies still long enough
6. Having a Human to scare half to death when Cat comes bolting around a corner too fast or attacks from behind the sofa
7. Human feet to attack when Human walks underneath a table with a long tablecloth
8. The biggest reason for Cat to become domesticated:
to be worshipped by a Human and the worry that goes with it, when Cat decides to play hide-n-seek with Human without telling Human first.
(unless my cats are the only ones who hide when I do the cat-count after a door has been left open???)