TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What did your Valentine send you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What did your Valentine send you? - Page 2

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove
My boyfriend gave me candy and took me out for a nice dinner on Saturday. It was sweet of him but the real treat is being with him.

Amen! Really! That's exactly what I think. People think that Eric and I might have alot of time together because he's home by 10 pm, but not at all. He's in law enforcement so when he comes home it's "relax and de-stress " and I'm off to bed. He is sleeping when I wake up, so we really have Sundays and that's it. So I made him a home-made card with our photos all pasted inside from everything we do, and then in white chalk like a little kid, wrote "E loves E". And put it on his pillow. But TODAY! What a surprise! He rarely comes by my work and he did with 2 dozen tulips in all colors!!!! To deliver in person, the best of all! I am a very lucky girl. And Sasha slept on the bed and Saba gave me a kiss with her little tiny nose.
post #32 of 47
I got a soft, floppy plush Dalmatian and a big box of chocolates. I gave Bill a NASCAR 3-D DVD.

Last week, I mailed a package, to the twins: cute little heart-printed outfits, stuffed tigers and candy. Sam doesn't like for them to have chocolate so, I sent Skittles!
post #33 of 47
My bf and I enjoyed a nice dinner of Linguine and Red Clam sauce and gave each other a card. He also gave me money in my card since he knows I've never cared much for roses or chocolate. Sash got plenty of love for Valentine's Day as he does everyday.
post #34 of 47
well, I got this today at work (yes, this is my office-notice the picture of Adelaide with Santa prominently displayed ):



and he got me Adobe Photoshop!!!! Now the cat can truly fear me and my camera!!!!

and then we went out for a wonderful dinner at the place where he proposed it was so much fun!!

This is our first married valentines day...they will all be like this, right???
post #35 of 47
Brad took my to Thunder bay for dinner and then when we got home there was a box on the porch for me, it was a box of flowers tulips and iris' he bought them for me and had them delivered while we were out at dinner, so I had another surprise for after dinner!!!!!!! What a great guy!!!!!
The cats got some tuna treats from PetSmart and some left over grouper from dinner tonight(of course!) They "sent" daddy an ecard for Valentines day!!! from mommys computer!!! He loved it!
post #36 of 47
I made John brownies, a cd, and gave him a king size mr goodbar and those magnetic kissing bears... he got me a snowboard! lol dont i feel cheap! :-o
post #37 of 47
Brendan cooked an AMAZING shrimp dish over pasta for me tonight. I still can't get over how great it was! Then he gave me a funny card, a box of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory chocolates, my favorite movie in the world The Notebook , a completely decadent caramel apple which is covered with a sugary confection on the outside of the caramel and then crushed oreo cookies on top of that, and a very romantic card. We also made chocolate fondue and dipped strawberries and bananas in it. It was a perfect day.
post #38 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katspixiedust
Brendan cooked an AMAZING shrimp dish over pasta for me tonight. I still can't get over how great it was! Then he gave me a funny card, a box of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory chocolates, my favorite movie in the world The Notebook , a completely decadent caramel apple which is covered with a sugary confection on the outside of the caramel and then crushed oreo cookies on top of that, and a very romantic card. We also made chocolate fondue and dipped strawberries and bananas in it. It was a perfect day.
Oh nummy, but impossible for me these days...my blood sugar would have gone through da roof! Enjoy being able to eat this without repercussions!!
post #39 of 47
My honey gave me this:
(the thing in the left, I already had the thing on the right, hehe!)

post #40 of 47
Wow.... those gifts all sounds really wonderful. I feel a bit let down because my other half didn't bother. I'd only flown 1500 miles to spend half the day with him (I'd had to fly home on Valentines day - but I did have the weekend). I named a star for him... I chose to name a star "Skytsengel" (means Guardian Angel) in the constellation Hercules - because he is my guardian angel AND my hero. It was kinda pointless but very soppy. But no flowers, no chocolate... in fact, I was mopping up his and the cat's puke, cooking for the family, cleaning the apartment... while he lay in bed for the weekend. He stopped throwing up long enough to take me back to the airport on the Monday and took me to Burger King. Uber romantic. Man, I feel like such a grouch, but he could at least have thought..... even a little card would have shown *something*. I almost feel cheated
post #41 of 47
Amid a bunch of random yet much-needed gifts, as well as a great home-cooked meal, Bradley gave me a card "from the cat." He signed it "Love, Eponine" and everything. This coming from someone who doesn't fully understand how much I love my cat was a very sweet gesture. Sounds like you all had some great V-days too!
post #42 of 47
Im excited,, For V-day my present is that we get to get family pics made,,,me him and the cat!!!! Yeah!!! Ive been wanting to do this,and i have a cold sore now so it will have to wait,,but Im excited none the less!!
PS-Katherine,,The NoteBook is my fave too!!!!!
post #43 of 47
Just wanted to add that my man came home from work last night with a small balloon (the kind that has a stick on the end) and a heart shaped stress ball and a little fake rose. It was sweet since I barely saw him all day and he had already gotten me something.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat
Wow.... those gifts all sounds really wonderful. I feel a bit let down because my other half didn't bother. I'd only flown 1500 miles to spend half the day with him (I'd had to fly home on Valentines day - but I did have the weekend). I named a star for him... I chose to name a star "Skytsengel" (means Guardian Angel) in the constellation Hercules - because he is my guardian angel AND my hero. It was kinda pointless but very soppy. But no flowers, no chocolate... in fact, I was mopping up his and the cat's puke, cooking for the family, cleaning the apartment... while he lay in bed for the weekend. He stopped throwing up long enough to take me back to the airport on the Monday and took me to Burger King. Uber romantic. Man, I feel like such a grouch, but he could at least have thought..... even a little card would have shown *something*. I almost feel cheated
It just seems men sometimes just don't think how much a smallest gesture can mean to us
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix
Oh nummy, but impossible for me these days...my blood sugar would have gone through da roof! Enjoy being able to eat this without repercussions!!
That's too bad. I assure you it was thoroughly enjoyed though.
post #46 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat
Wow.... those gifts all sounds really wonderful. I feel a bit let down because my other half didn't bother. I'd only flown 1500 miles to spend half the day with him (I'd had to fly home on Valentines day - but I did have the weekend). I named a star for him... I chose to name a star "Skytsengel" (means Guardian Angel) in the constellation Hercules - because he is my guardian angel AND my hero. It was kinda pointless but very soppy. But no flowers, no chocolate... in fact, I was mopping up his and the cat's puke, cooking for the family, cleaning the apartment... while he lay in bed for the weekend. He stopped throwing up long enough to take me back to the airport on the Monday and took me to Burger King. Uber romantic. Man, I feel like such a grouch, but he could at least have thought..... even a little card would have shown *something*. I almost feel cheated
Don't you think though that when men are sick, it def. rattles their brains a bit? I hope once he's recovered, he surprises you
post #47 of 47
I was depressed because I found out my brother had to put his cat, Oscar to sleep. I feel bad because I was planning on stopping by the store to get something special for our kitties, but I got the sympathy card for Oscar and forgot. I'll make it up to them.

My BF did his best to comfort me. When I got home from work my BF was dressed in his tux shirt and vest - looked and smelled awesome. He was in the middle of lighting lots of candles. We drank a little wine. He got me a juniper bonzai plant (that will live outdoors because its poisionous.) It's a lovely little tree. We exchanged cards and although they were different, the covers both said "You are my Everything." We drank some wine. I made dinner, but I overcooked the fish. We listened to music. Did I mention we had a few sips of wine? I fell asleep while he did the dishes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What did your Valentine send you?