TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › droopy pants
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

droopy pants

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
http://www.local6.com/news/4187163/d...102112005&ts=H
It makes me want to give them a wedgie.
post #2 of 29
"The bill breezed through the House this week..."

post #3 of 29
While I think it's ludicrous that someone actually thought about legislating this, I do hate the style. I often see kids who literally have to hold up their pants as they walk.
post #4 of 29
I hate the way they wear their pants like that!.

There was two girls in front of me last week wearing them like that and it looked so uncomfortable that i just wanted to grab the waistband and pull them up!
post #5 of 29
That's the way all of the kids dress here. I've seen one kid running and holding his pants up at the same time! Here it's droopy pants and looong shirts. So of course my nephew just has to dress that way too. I don't know but to me it woud be very nerve wracking having to hike my pants up every other minute.

I don't like those baggie long shirts either, comes down below their knees (almost like a dress)and if it's any shorter my nephew says it's too small!
post #6 of 29
I hate that look...and if possible I learned to detest it further when I found out the kids (originally) were trying to emulate a "prison look." Yeah real heroes. I don't condsider myself an old fuddy duddy by any means, but that's just sad.
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz
I hate that look...and if possible I learned to detest it further when I found out the kids (originally) were trying to emulate a "prison look." Yeah real heroes. I don't condsider myself an old fuddy duddy by any means, but that's just sad.

Oh yeah, a few months ago my nephew said he wanted to get an orange jumpsuit! Can you believe that?! No way!! not on my watch! Start dressing like a convict people will start treating you like one!
post #8 of 29
Thank goodness, MY kids are grown!

My mother and I fought about the length of my skirts and bell bottom trousers. At least, I kept my underwear covered! (Still do)
post #9 of 29
While I do hate it when boys have their slacks so low that you see their boxers it makes me more ill when girls go around with their pants soooo low that you see their thongs. Honestly... what is the point?
post #10 of 29
As a mother of a pre-teen son I have only one word to say,
"HELP!"
post #11 of 29
Duck tape his pants around his waist... j/k
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali012281
Duck tape his pants around his waist... j/k
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali012281
Duck tape his pants around his waist... j/k



I knew somebody would come up with an idea for all that duct tape the Bush administration insisted we buy a few years back!

PS-It's true, take any thread, and you'll find a way to bash Bush. I just figured I'd say it first to get it out of the way.
post #14 of 29
I am not a fan of the look, but I do think it's just the kids expressing themselves and they should be able to dress in style. I don't think the Government should involve themselves in how teenagers dress.
post #15 of 29
I hate that look. One time I was in the grocery store and I saw a girl with pants so darn low that I could see her pubic hairs! If thats not indecent exposure, then I dont know what it is!!!
post #16 of 29
I hate that look, along with the oversized caps turned to the side at a ridiculous angle. It just looks silly.
A Marine came into the tattoo shop dressed like that when a gunny was getting tattooed. He was listening to that God awful noise they call music and jumping around like he had some weird nervous disorder. The gunny got up out of the chair, grabbed him by the arm, dragged him outside, and started barking.
"You are a disgrace to the Corps, you will pull your pants up, turn that noise off, drop and give me 50 (pushups) and TURN THAT COVER (hat or cap) AROUND!!!!"
We laughed till we cried. We almost never see Marines dressed like that.
I was in school with a girl that would roll her scrub pants down in the front so far you could see her pubic hair. It was disgusting! She was a beautiful girl, and actually a very nice girl, but she looked like a tramp.
We all know we should not judge a book by its cover, but where else do you get a first impression?
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali012281
Duck tape his pants around his waist... j/k
Students where I teach like to wear their pants hanging off. We're pretty strict about not letting them do it, so we don't see it much. A few years ago a boy's pants fell down around his ankles. I told him he needed a belt, he said he couldn't find it. After I told him I would happily supply him with duct tape, he always had a belt.

I also saw a boy recently with his pants safety pinned to his shirt. His teacher was tired of seeing the sag.
post #18 of 29
While I hate that look, it was down right stupid for any law maker to try and pass a bill to "BAN" such a look. I am telling you, everyone of us MUST pay attention to our local laws and stop our rights from being taken away. Every generation of kids has their style or phase they go through. Just look at the 60's, 70's, 80's and so on. I remember back in the 80's, kids used to walk around with their shoes untied with long shoe strings. I used to have a lot of fun with them. I used to step on the strings and they would lose their shoes or some would trip Maybe we need to start stepping on the kids pants if they are dragging low to the ground. Maybe a few times with their pants falling off in public, they will stop There was also that stupid small skinny pony tail that a lot of boys were wearing, I always wanted to cut them off. I don't see a whole lot of this baggy pants where I live. But, all of these are fads and they will go away when the next new one comes around.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren.1
Students where I teach like to wear their pants hanging off. We're pretty strict about not letting them do it, so we don't see it much. A few years ago a boy's pants fell down around his ankles. I told him he needed a belt, he said he couldn't find it. After I told him I would happily supply him with duct tape, he always had a belt.

I also saw a boy recently with his pants safety pinned to his shirt. His teacher was tired of seeing the sag.

On Thursday, I was behind a teenaged boy who was trying to climb a very steep set of stairs in extremely droopy pants. He was holding them up in front with one hand, answering his cell phone with the other, and practically "mooning" me and everybody else behind him. I was afraid he'd trip, and grabbed a belt loop and yanked his pants up in back. The poor kid was crimson, but thanked me!
I don't like that style, but it makes me think of some of the get-ups I wore as a teenager. It's silly to try to pass laws about teenagers' clothes.
post #20 of 29
One of the most rediculous laws I've ever seen. As if cops don't have enough things to do already, now they're going to be cutting tickets for clothes? Whatever happened to worrying about REAL crime? Is the crime rate so low that cops now have nothing better to do, so legislatures cook up crap like this to keep cops busy? Dumb...just dumb.

at the Bush remark. Isn't there a thread for this?
post #21 of 29
I hate the style but I don't think their clothing should be regulated. That is going too far...
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal
I hate the style but I don't think their clothing should be regulated. That is going too far...
Ditto.
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye23
at the Bush remark. Isn't there a thread for this?
IMO, every thread carries Bush Potential...it's kind of like a dominent gene thing! LOL!
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal
I hate the style but I don't think their clothing should be regulated. That is going too far...

I agree.

What gets me, it doesn't matter how kids dress their parents and other adults always complain. I remember vividly my mother being horrified by my tight pants back in the eighties and early nineties. And she tells stories of her mother not liking the short skirts back in the sixties I would guess. I've seen pictures of those skirts, I wouldn't have been allowed out of the house in them.

At any rate, it's just the style now, give it five or ten years and kids will be wearing something else that everyone will gripe about.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz
I hate that look...and if possible I learned to detest it further when I found out the kids (originally) were trying to emulate a "prison look." Yeah real heroes. I don't condsider myself an old fuddy duddy by any means, but that's just sad.
A lot of styles now originate from prisons. The prisoners adopt a style, which passes onto the gangs, which passes onto the kids in gang areas who want to look tough, which eventually gets snatched up by major companies that sell to middle-class kids and distributed as the cool, hip style. And those kids wearing them don't really realize that's where the style came from. Cops, by the way, have at least some affection for the sagging style and sometimes wish more people would dress that way. It makes them easy to catch !!! LOL! Can you just imagine some poor fool in oversize sneakers and pants at his knees RUNNING??!! Plus, all that material to grab them by! Well, if convicts are going to dictate fashion in gangs, I hope they continue coming up with stuff that is equally impractical as sagging.
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat
While I hate that look, it was down right stupid for any law maker to try and pass a bill to "BAN" such a look. I am telling you, everyone of us MUST pay attention to our local laws and stop our rights from being taken away. Every generation of kids has their style or phase they go through. Just look at the 60's, 70's, 80's and so on. I remember back in the 80's, kids used to walk around with their shoes untied with long shoe strings. I used to have a lot of fun with them. I used to step on the strings and they would lose their shoes or some would trip Maybe we need to start stepping on the kids pants if they are dragging low to the ground. Maybe a few times with their pants falling off in public, they will stop There was also that stupid small skinny pony tail that a lot of boys were wearing, I always wanted to cut them off. I don't see a whole lot of this baggy pants where I live. But, all of these are fads and they will go away when the next new one comes around.
Very true, it is a form of self-expression and yes it is tacky and stupid, but I remember boys braiding their beards, and their hair and people thought that was stupid too. I heard this all started because of the pro basketball players that wore their trunks with underwear showing during games. Don't know if that is true, just what i heard when I inquired where this fad started-
post #27 of 29
[quote=
But, all of these are fads and they will go away when the next new one comes around.[/QUOTE]
Yeah true, it's a fad, but this one has been going strong for a good ten years now, at least in NYC. I'm trying to be patient (tapping foot) really I am. As for the girl's low cut look..I'm really not interested in seeing a stranger's pubic hair, unless I'm dong a pelvic exam on them, and therefore, getting paid for it.
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi
...Can you just imagine some poor fool in oversize sneakers and pants at his knees RUNNING??!! Plus, all that material to grab them by!...
Too funny. Hadn't thought about this subject in that light before.
post #29 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove
I agree.

What gets me, it doesn't matter how kids dress their parents and other adults always complain. I remember vividly my mother being horrified by my tight pants back in the eighties and early nineties. And she tells stories of her mother not liking the short skirts back in the sixties I would guess. I've seen pictures of those skirts, I wouldn't have been allowed out of the house in them.

At any rate, it's just the style now, give it five or ten years and kids will be wearing something else that everyone will gripe about.
I remember wearing bell bottom hip huggers that were so long, I walked on the bottoms of them. Of course, hip huggers in the 70's weren't quit as low rise as they are today. I understand each generation has to make their own statement. Legislating such a thing is rediculous.

I still want to give them a wedgie!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › droopy pants