TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Vibes for Henry, Please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vibes for Henry, Please...

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Probably a bit gross/TMI, but... when I came home this evening, I noticed that Henry had blood all over his butt. I checked the litterbox and there was a lot of blood in his stool - after washing him off, it's obvious that the blood isn't coming from his butt itself, like from a cut, so it must be something internal. I'm going to take him to the vet first thing in the morning. Could Henry and I please have some vibes that it's nothing serious - he's only a year old, and he's only been with me for a few months - I hate to think about what could happen. Thanks so much.
post #2 of 27
I'm sending lots your way! Good luck to you and Henry!
post #3 of 27
Are you sure the blood was mixed in and with the stool and not on the outside of the stool?
post #4 of 27
Sending good vibes to Henry.
post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoccocats
Are you sure the blood was mixed in and with the stool and not on the outside of the stool?
It looked to me like it was definitely mixed in - of course, I'm no vet, so maybe I'm wrong. I took a sample to give to the vet, so I guess he'll be able to tell me tomorrow.
post #6 of 27
I'm no vet, but, if my cat were bleeding from his rectum I'd already be own my way to the Emergency Vets office with him now! I don't know how good of an idea it is to wait till morning, if, he's bleeding internally. Just my suggestion.

Hopefully the mods will see this thread and give you their advice soon.
post #7 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoccocats
I'm no vet, but, if my cat were bleeding from his rectum I'd already be own my way to the Emergency Vets office with him now! I don't know how good of an idea it is to wait till morning, if, he's bleeding internally. Just my suggestion.

Hopefully the mods will see this thread and give you their advice soon.
Oh, it's definitely not a continuous flow of blood or anything - if he were still bleeding, continuously, you bet he'd be at the vet's already! It was a one time thing (so far), about a teaspoon or so of blood. So I'm not sure if he really needs the emergency vet (but I could be wrong...), but he definitely needs to go in in the morning. I don't really know if that's right or not or what to do.
post #8 of 27
Kylie:

I've sent you a Private Message.
post #9 of 27
sending lots of luck to you and henry....i hope he is ok. maybe just call a vet and ask them what they think over the phone, I know I would for sure.

sending lots of vibes to you!!!
post #10 of 27
Sending lots of vibes for Henry, I hopes he's ok.
post #11 of 27
Lots of vibes for little Henry! And you too
post #12 of 27
Thinking good thoughts for Henry!

I'll move this to Health & Nutrition for you.
post #13 of 27
Sending good thoughts and hugs and headbumps frm me and my crew.

Dev
post #14 of 27
Awww bless him!. Let us know what happens with him but i home it's nothing to worry about
post #15 of 27
Oh dear, Kylie, Henry is definately in my prayers. Please keep us updated about your little boy!
post #16 of 27
I hope that nothing seriously is wrong with Henry Keep us updated.
post #17 of 27
Oh, poor Henry! Of course I will pray for him!
post #18 of 27
How did it go today at the vets? Please update us. SOON!
post #19 of 27
Oh Henry is in my thoughts!
post #20 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thank you so much everyone, you guys are the best!

I'm relieved to say that it is NOT something serious! They are 90% sure that Henry has a bacterial infection, and they gave him medication to treat that - I think it is already helping, because no blood in his stool today! It *could* also be a parasite, so they are running tests to check on that and will let me know in a few days, but that would also be easily treatable with medication.

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers and vibes, obviously they worked!
post #21 of 27
THANK GOD!!!
post #22 of 27
Good news
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper
Thank you so much everyone, you guys are the best!

I'm relieved to say that it is NOT something serious! They are 90% sure that Henry has a bacterial infection, and they gave him medication to treat that - I think it is already helping, because no blood in his stool today! It *could* also be a parasite, so they are running tests to check on that and will let me know in a few days, but that would also be easily treatable with medication.

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers and vibes, obviously they worked!
Prayers ALWAYS work! Great news, I am very relieved and happy for you and your sweet kitty!
post #24 of 27
That's good news! Jamie had something similar when he was 6 months old. He and the dog next door picked up a bug from drinking out of our pond (which was drained after that), but antibiotics cleared it up within a few days.
post #25 of 27
Oh that's so good to hear!
post #26 of 27
Oh thank goodness! Here's hoping Henry recovers swiftly, fully and easily.

Dev
post #27 of 27
Just wondering how Henry is doing. Hopefully fully recovered by now! Fill us in when you can.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Vibes for Henry, Please...