TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Deep Throat To Be Revealed!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Deep Throat To Be Revealed!!!

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
After thirty years of waiting and guessing, the identity of Deep Throat might be revealed soon! Supposedly he is very ill...I guess we can rule out the Pope, so who do you think it might be, or maybe you don't even care...



http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_r...p-238900c.html
post #2 of 27
I'm fascinated! I did some research and think it's Mark felt, the FBI guy that Nixon passed over as head of the organization. He had means, the knowledge and motivation. He is elderly and lives in santa rosa.
post #3 of 27
I'd love to know! I'm not even going to speculate, because I've read some pretty crazy guesses, including Pat Nixon and Alexander Haig!
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
I'd love to know! I'm not even going to speculate, because I've read some pretty crazy guesses, including Pat Nixon and Alexander Haig!
Felt was an open source for Woodward earlier, so they had an established friendship. Also he was passed over by Nixon for the top spot, and Nixon always didn't trust him cause of it. Also there were rumors Woodward went to see him in Santa Rosa (near where I live) after the first rumors about it being him came out. I really can't wait to find out, I mean I don't want someone to pass but I would enjoy all the chats after it is out there.
post #5 of 27
I've never heard of Deep Throat! But I have heard of Watergate.
post #6 of 27
[quote=Mom of Franz]After thirty years of waiting and guessing, the identity of Deep Throat might be revealed soon! Supposedly he is very ill...I guess we can rule out the Pope, so who do you think it might be, or maybe you don't even care...


OH THAT deep throat!
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd
I've never heard of Deep Throat! But I have heard of Watergate.
Have you read "All The President's Men", by Woodward and Bernstein? Or seen the movie with Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford? I can recommend both. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...824940-2426514
post #8 of 27
I always liked the movie "dick" because it was a funny take on the deepthroat mystery. could you imagine if that were true *laughs* I know it's a spoof, but just what if?
post #9 of 27
Who in the world is deep throat...?? I saw something about this somewhere else but it didnt give much info??
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferr84
Who in the world is deep throat...?? I saw something about this somewhere else but it didnt give much info??
He was the main source for Bob Woodward when he wrote about Watergate and what brought down RIchard Nixon.
He has never been revealed. And apparently will be upon his death and he is close to death.
post #11 of 27
[quote=MyBabies]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz
After thirty years of waiting and guessing, the identity of Deep Throat might be revealed soon! Supposedly he is very ill...I guess we can rule out the Pope, so who do you think it might be, or maybe you don't even care...


OH THAT deep throat!
I feel so dumb! I first thought that too!
post #12 of 27
My mom was bouncing around the house when she read it in the paper. I guess it is the number one scandelous secret of her generation. I have to admit I've always been a bit curious, but I only know vaguely about Watergate. (It happened years before I was born.)
post #13 of 27
It is a big part of our generation! I can't wait to hear about it all, what his motives were, how they set up their little signal thing.
post #14 of 27
For anyone who isn't familiar with Deepthroat and Watergate, watch "All the President's Men" with Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman. It's a great movie, and really shows what those reporters were up against in breaking that story. It's still pretty amazing that two journalists with a thirst for truth were able to bring down an entire Presidency and a whole lot of his cabinet. Journalism has changed so much since then...
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecat
I always liked the movie "dick" because it was a funny take on the deepthroat mystery. could you imagine if that were true *laughs* I know it's a spoof, but just what if?
I liked the movie as well, you just never know if it could be true!
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
For anyone who isn't familiar with Deepthroat and Watergate, watch "All the President's Men" with Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman. It's a great movie, and really shows what those reporters were up against in breaking that story. It's still pretty amazing that two journalists with a thirst for truth were able to bring down an entire Presidency and a whole lot of his cabinet. Journalism has changed so much since then...
I was talking to some of my Mom's friends last night, they thought if it happened today, the reporters would suffer an "untimely death".
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
For anyone who isn't familiar with Deepthroat and Watergate, watch "All the President's Men" with Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman. It's a great movie, and really shows what those reporters were up against in breaking that story. It's still pretty amazing that two journalists with a thirst for truth were able to bring down an entire Presidency and a whole lot of his cabinet. Journalism has changed so much since then...
Our minds seem to work the same way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
Have you read "All The President's Men", by Woodward and Bernstein? Or seen the movie with Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford? I can recommend both. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...5824940-2426514
post #18 of 27
Oops! Momentary lapse of reason Tricia, because I KNOW I read your post. It is one of my favorite movies, and one of the reasons that I wasnted to be a journalist for a time. Then I woke up to how the world of journalism has changed...
post #19 of 27
It was one of the first movies I bought on video, and I've lent it out so many times to people who ask about Watergate.
post #20 of 27
It's a good movie, very true to the book too.
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
It's a good movie, very true to the book too.
I had a copy of the book, and went looking for it today to reread, but couldn't find it - hubby must've thrown it out.
post #22 of 27
It will be a fascinating final chapter to the Watergate story. And who doesn't love to find out a secret!
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb25
It will be a fascinating final chapter to the Watergate story. And who doesn't love to find out a secret!
I know and I feel like a jerk that I am waiting for someone to die. But of course I am not really, and people do die...it's a natural part of life. he must be well into his 80's now, or even 90.
post #24 of 27
We watched All the Presidents Men last night, was reminded how Deep Throat made them meet in garages and how he told Woodward to leave
a flag in the planter box if he wanted to meet. Ah the intrigue!
post #25 of 27
Journalism has changed a lot and not for the better. This story though encouraged an awful lot of reporters to try to find the scandal in every story which I think was one of the reasons the press fell for so much of the garbage about Clinton. Everybody wanted to be the next Woodward and Bernstein (or Hoffman and Redford).
post #26 of 27
I know all this excitement is over the eventual death of some man...or women i guess.....and i am sure that this is kinda bad karma, but its still exciting
post #27 of 27
Wow. I cannot wait! I have no idea who it could be but to find out will be incredible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Deep Throat To Be Revealed!!!