TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The Cat Site and My Therapist!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Cat Site and My Therapist!

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
When my therapist asked me yesterday what I can think of that can make me feel calm and relaxed and peaceful. I thought, other than my parents and my cat "Angel", THE CAT SITE!

It actually does! I use it to feel tranquil and accepted. I don't have much else in my life but having you people here for me has given me a place to say, "I belong, I'm accepted, I can talk about 'anything I need to" and I'm guarenteed the next day you will be here for me.

Even when we differ we still bounce right back to being there for each other. I said it before, we all fit in...and no one is left out! You don't get that just anywhere.

More of less what I'm trying to say is, Thank you to all the members of "THE CAT SITE" that has touched my life with your words and concerns and most of all love. I'd be lost without you!
post #2 of 26
Awwwww Cheryl!!!! yes you know were always here for each other no matter what!.

Can i ask you one thing though?...... what was your therapists reaction to what you said?.

The only downside i can think of is that we don't live near each other!
post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
Awwwww Cheryl!!!! yes you know were always here for each other no matter what!.

Can i ask you one thing though?...... what was your therapists reaction to what you said?.

The only downside i can think of is that we don't live near each other!
He thought it was good therapy to be able to start talking and expressing my thoughts and opinions (since I've isolated myself from the world, or just sleep my days away)

I also told him that I feel so thrown back and withdrawn when I hurt someones feelings unintentionally and then I can't be myself even though I'm on the computer. So then he quickly wrote that down in his notes!

I couldn't help but laugh when he did that. Other than that he thought it was a good start!

BTW we may not live near each other, but, we're only a click away!
post #4 of 26
I had a feeling being a therapist he wouldn't think anything stupid about it, do you know what i mean?!, because you know like many others here on the site, people who don't have animals don't understand where we come from at times when it comes to our cats?!.

And your right we are just a click away, and always remember that!
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
I had a feeling being a therapist he wouldn't think anything stupid about it, do you know what i mean?!, because you know like many others here on the site, people who don't have animals don't understand where we come from at times when it comes to our cats?!.

And your right we are just a click away, and always remember that!
Susan you just don't know how special YOU are to me! You're always there. It seems we both are attracted to the same threads!
post #6 of 26
Oh i do Cheryl chick! and vice versa Just keep those jokes coming!!!
post #7 of 26
Aww Cheryl - I'm glad you feel happy on TCS! You certainly are a wonderful presence on the boards and would be sadly missed if you didn't post.
Don't worry about your therapist writing things down in your notes - people write good things as well as points for improvement in notes - it's not necessarily a bad thing because he wrote it down. After all, you told him that you socialise on here and that these are real friendships that you develop where you worry about your friends' feelings. That's only natural and nothing to worry about in my eyes

Anyway, if your therapist gives you any strife, log him on here and we'll put him straight
post #8 of 26
That is great! I always find there is a great comfort here. Like being home in front of a fire on a cool winter night with a cat and a book in your lap. You know what I mean?
post #9 of 26
LOL..Cheryl, my therapist knows all about TCS too! She deems it very therapeutic!
post #10 of 26
aww cheryl! That is so cute!
People say ive isolated my self from the world.
I actually realised i am but i dont know how to get my self back on track
but cheryl i love reading your posts
post #11 of 26
This is lovely from you Cheryl!!!
post #12 of 26
awww how sweet
post #13 of 26
Oh Cheryl, I'm so glad that TCS helps to make your day better! If you ever need to talk, about ANYTHING, you know how to reach us!!!

God bless you and your beautiful Angel,
Lacey and Juicy

post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyDF
Oh Cheryl, I'm so glad that TCS helps to make your day better! If you ever need to talk, about ANYTHING, you know how to reach us!!!

God bless you and your beautiful Angel,
Lacey and Juicy

Oh Lacey, I immediately broke down into tears when I saw YOUR feedback. Thank you so much for letting me know I can reach out to you, honestly. You're a very well-known and respected member on this site, and I am truly honored to be your cyber-friend! Love, Cheryl

Thank you too Juicy. You are truly model material. I hope you make it big. I'd vote for you anytime, anywhere. You'll always be a winner to me and my Mom. Love, Angel xoxo
post #15 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Aww Cheryl - I'm glad you feel happy on TCS! You certainly are a wonderful presence on the boards and would be sadly missed if you didn't post.
Don't worry about your therapist writing things down in your notes - people write good things as well as points for improvement in notes - it's not necessarily a bad thing because he wrote it down. After all, you told him that you socialise on here and that these are real friendships that you develop where you worry about your friends' feelings. That's only natural and nothing to worry about in my eyes

Anyway, if your therapist gives you any strife, log him on here and we'll put him straight
Beth, I am touched by your kind words of acknowledgement of my posts. I thought it funny that as soon as I told him, he began to jot something down. It was quite amusing to me! (Like as if he was writing, "OK well Cheryl finds contentment talking to cat people on a website.........., hmmmmm".

I like your line about telling him to log on here. If I did, can you imagine, he'd be going for therapy himself after dealing with us voo-doo "CAT PEOPLE"!
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie
That is great! I always find there is a great comfort here. Like being home in front of a fire on a cool winter night with a cat and a book in your lap. You know what I mean?
Wow! You described it better than I did. That was very well put, I believe that sums it up the best! I know exactly what you mean!

That should be the theme for this site:

"Did you ever want to find great comfort, while sitting in front of a fire on a cool winters' night, while your cat snuggles in your lap, as you read a book, but, were unable to do it when you needed to? Well, look no further, now simply log onto ..............."THE CAT SITE"!"
post #17 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz
LOL..Cheryl, my therapist knows all about TCS too! She deems it very therapeutic!
Barbara, that's exactly how mine thought, he said it was good therapy for me, and I believe it is.

If you think about it, it's quite amazing that we're all"virtual strangers" that become familiar to each other, and then become your closest of friends.........without ever meeting!

I think I'll start a thread with that last sentence

That's exactly what we do here!
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
aww cheryl! That is so cute!
People say ive isolated my self from the world.
I actually realised i am but i dont know how to get my self back on track
but cheryl i love reading your posts
Thanks for the compliment. If you too are isolating yourself from the world, then try to figure why you are. Write down your thoughts on when did this start, what happened, and what are you actually trying to avoid, and why. Maybe once you understand what the real reason is, you'll be able to think better on ways to get over it and start living again, with the rest of the world.

I mean this when I say it, that I welcome you to PM me anytime to talk about anything. It'll kind of be our own group cyber-therapy. Please I mean it, ok?

And thanks for loving my posts. I just post jokes all the time cause I like to make people smile and laugh, if only for a minute in their day, I've accomplished what I set out to do that day.
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
This is lovely from you Cheryl!!!
I don't know your name, but, I want to say that I love reading how you write your feelings in English. I give you so much credit for trying so hard to express yourself the way you do. I wish I could speak spanish, or Italian, or some language. I studied a very, tiny, little bit of a few languages in school, but that's all I know, nothing more.

I think it is lovely that you can feel what I've tried to express here, thanks!
post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by byclops
awww how sweet
Thank Sarah for being who you are. BTW: I received your PM. I laughed when I read how you tell them apart, you're funny!
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoccocats
When my therapist asked me yesterday what I can think of that can make me feel calm and relaxed and peaceful. I thought, other than my parents and my cat "Angel", THE CAT SITE!

It actually does! I use it to feel tranquil and accepted. I don't have much else in my life but having you people here for me has given me a place to say, "I belong, I'm accepted, I can talk about 'anything I need to" and I'm guarenteed the next day you will be here for me.

Yay! That's so great to hear!
post #22 of 26
Cheryl....I think it's great that TCS is part of your "therapy." I know that whenever I'm feeling down about something, coming here always cheers me up. Being around people who have similar interests, who won't judge, and who are always here for you, is wonderful medicine! (no matter what any of those "non-cat people" think!)
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoccocats
Beth, I am touched by your kind words of acknowledgement of my posts. I thought it funny that as soon as I told him, he began to jot something down. It was quite amusing to me! (Like as if he was writing, "OK well Cheryl finds contentment talking to cat people on a website.........., hmmmmm".

I like your line about telling him to log on here. If I did, can you imagine, he'd be going for therapy himself after dealing with us voo-doo "CAT PEOPLE"!


Adymarie - you got it so right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoccocats
If you think about it, it's quite amazing that we're all"virtual strangers" that become familiar to each other, and then become your closest of friends.........without ever meeting!
This is so true. Here's a poem that was send to me by a friend in Australia - we corresponded for 20 years but sadly have lost touch in the last year or so. Apparently it was written by somebody called Edie Thomson and was published in the "English Woman's Weekly". It was written for paper correspondence but can apply in the cyber age too I think:

"It's rather wonderful I think
When friends are made by pen and ink
a piece of paper, blue or white
someone decides that she will write
to one whom she has never seen
who lives where she has never been
a pen becomes a magic wand
two strangers start to correspond
not strangers long, but soon good friends
just look how that last letter ends
how pleasant the exchange of views
and comments on the latest news
Oh! One can talk of this and that
and have the cosiest kind of chat,
two souls who live quite far apart
can gladden each the other's heart
can nourish each the other's mind
with letters sensible and kind
it's truly beautiful, I think
when friends are made by pen and ink

isn't this so true?
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoccocats
Oh Lacey, I immediately broke down into tears when I saw YOUR feedback. Thank you so much for letting me know I can reach out to you, honestly. You're a very well-known and respected member on this site, and I am truly honored to be your cyber-friend! Love, Cheryl

Thank you too Juicy. You are truly model material. I hope you make it big. I'd vote for you anytime, anywhere. You'll always be a winner to me and my Mom. Love, Angel xoxo
Of course you're my friend!!! I was NEVER upset with you at all, silly! I knew it was all in fun, honestly. Thank you so much for the kind words you said about me and my Juicy. I want you to know that I meant every word I said about being here whenever you need to talk!!! We're all friends here!!!
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoccocats
When my therapist asked me yesterday what I can think of that can make me feel calm and relaxed and peaceful. I thought, other than my parents and my cat "Angel", THE CAT SITE!

It actually does! I use it to feel tranquil and accepted. I don't have much else in my life but having you people here for me has given me a place to say, "I belong, I'm accepted, I can talk about 'anything I need to" and I'm guarenteed the next day you will be here for me.

Even when we differ we still bounce right back to being there for each other. I said it before, we all fit in...and no one is left out! You don't get that just anywhere.

More of less what I'm trying to say is, Thank you to all the members of "THE CAT SITE" that has touched my life with your words and concerns and most of all love. I'd be lost without you!
I couldn't agree more, Cheryl! You know I'm right here for you anytime at all, and I'm just so thankful you're here for me, too!
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
I couldn't agree more, Cheryl! You know I'm right here for you anytime at all, and I'm just so thankful you're here for me, too!
Thanks so much. Us women are so mushy, right? Oh well I don't care. We express what we feel and that's good. Thanks also for that hug, I needed it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The Cat Site and My Therapist!