pics of baci and pixie (baby sugar glider)

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i just had to post these pics they are too cute! baci was so scared and interested in her at the same time he didn't know what to do. he wouldn't jump off the couch but when she jumped near him he would back up so she didn't touch him. one time she jumped on his back and he started running! thank god she jumped off him and i got her before system or serj got her.i dont trust them at all with my sugar gliders

serj thinking 'mmmmmmmm.....lunch!!'

i had to sneak a couple pics of our new baby sugar gliders in here. they had babies last week when i was on vacation!! one boy and one girl. they dont have names yet....if anyone has any ideas!!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweeeeeeeeet

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Baci's expression is priceless!!

Serj is more like my gang. They'll hunt anything that small running around the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sugar gliders are marsupials. they are like flying squirells, except they come from austraila, indoesia and new guini. so they get the name sugar glider because they love to eat fruit, sap from trees or anything sweet and glider because they glide! they have 'extra skin' between their arms and legs so when they jump from tree to tree (in the wild) they spread open and become a parachute! they are not hard to take care of, i feed them about 10 pm everynight. they get a little yogurt, mixed fruits and veggies, mealworms, and a little cube of a bml diet that i have to make for them. it only takes me about 5 min. to wash their bowls and feed them. and then just keeping their cage clean and making sure they get lots of love!!! they dont need regular vet visits etiher. as for cats in the wild i am not too sure, but i know they would be able to get away from a cat quickly. they are quick little guys!!!
mickey and minnie is cute!!!! they do kinda look like them with their big ears!!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my firend had a couple of sugar gliders... they made the scariest sounds at night!!!
but they were soo cte!!!!

skye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! Not to come off as rude or any thing, but I just thought i'd point out that sugar gliders actually ARE hard to take care of, and not for people that haven't done their home work. Yes, it's relatively easy to feed them, but you also have to spend at least 3 hours every day with them, carry their heavy cage into the bathroom to clean it once every week, glider proof the whole house, (cover all open outlets, rub wires with tobasco, etc) and spend a LOT of money!
I think I spent $700 total before I finally got my first suggie. and also, you obviously trust your kitty, but just to let potential owners know, they usually DON'T get along so well and it's generally not a good idea to leave them with other pets. For those that are interested, i'd highly recommend visiting www.glidercentral.net it's a wonderful info site, with a GREAT forum!!!!
And now that my rambling's over, very cute piccies.

cabbit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!! They are so cute!! I never heard of sugar gliders but they look adorable. How did you get them? You're so lucky!! I wish i could take care of one. SOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks skye for all the extra info. i guess they are hard to take care of but its in my normal schedule now, so it doesn't seem like alot of work. i did spend alot of money before i got them and 2 years later to this day im always buying new toys for them, food every week, cage cleaner so it does get expensive, but every penny is worth it! oooh btw i named the babies joey and chandler
meeka is on her 3rd litter now they are due in a week or two!! im not keeping these babies though i think 7 is alot of sugies gliding everywhere! as for proofing the house, i have a tent i bring them in when their older. all the pics of them in the living room are babies who dont move as quickly and dont really glide too much. the tent is a perfect way to bond with them and make sure the kitties stay out and the suggies stay safe! i would never ever leave them alone with any one of my cats without me being right there and even then i dont trust them completley. im hoping to get a new house where i can make a suggie room for them!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Love to eat them mousies. Mousie's what I love to eat. Bite they little heads off. Nibble on they tiny feet."
-- B. Kliban and Garfield

They are very cute, but I am afraid they wouldn't last long around here. Thanks for sharing the pics!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yippee! I didn't know that anyone else in this forum had sugar gliders!

They are not expensive to take care of if you do what I did and wait 10 years til you can find someone giving them away with a huge cage and everything for just $30, LOL!

Plus, they're poos are so tiny that you don't have to clean their cage very often, and when you do, it's not a big mess. I just have to take the bottom tray out and dump it every couple days, no biggie.

For their food I just cut up alot of fruit and veggies once a months, put them in seperate bags, and toss em in the freezer. I also make and freeze BML. Then it only takes 5 minutes to make their "dinner".

Their super easy to take care o(IMO) and once you have them, they don't cost much to take care of. They don't need vacines and you hardly ever have to take them to the vet. They only major health problems is vitamin C dificiency and if you feed em right, you don't have to worry about it.

Anyways, that's MY 2 cents worth.