Rescue clean scoop cat litter

mjl1297

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone familiar with this brand of cat litter? It is sold on the Petsmart website but I've been able to find out precious little information on it. Any help is appreciated.

mikonu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mjl1297

Anyone familiar with this brand of cat litter? It is sold on the Petsmart website but I've been able to find out precious little information on it. Any help is appreciated.
I've never heard of this litter.

If you're going to spend $11.99 on a 4 pound container, you should just get The World's Best Cat Litter. It's cheaper and safer for your kitty. Here is a link to a price comparison chart and reviews for this litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mjl1297

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mikonu

I've never heard of this litter.

If you're going to spend $11.99 on a 4 pound container, you should just get The World's Best Cat Litter. It's cheaper and safer for your kitty. Here is a link to a price comparison chart and reviews for this litter.
No can do. I've used that and my Birman's urine had some sort of chemical reaction with it giving off the devil of a stink. Wheat litters are also out and the corn cob litters that I've tried have unacceptable tracking problems. Feline pine eventually causes the same sort of problem as it breaks down. I'm currently using Tidy Cat crystals for multiple cats but I would like to get away from the silica.

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have tried the crystals, the scoopable, the clay, and a couple others... to date the best litter I have found is none of those.

Crystals: Problem: Fine dust gets into cats lungs causing coughing and potential health problems.

Scoopable: Problem: Sticks to cats paws, especially if they pee a lot then scratch around. Tracks a nasty grey "pee-clay" around your house from their paws.

Clay: Problem: Smelly, messy, heavy, hard to clean, pain in the..

SOLUTION:
Compressed Pine Pellet Litter ("Feline Pine")! Problem: Minor. Works great for us. There is a slight tracking issue once its all broken up from being used, but extreamly easy to vaccum or sweep up and if changed fairly reguarly does not seem to be a problem. It does not leave foot prints on your furniture, it does not stick to your cat's paws and it does not get into their lungs. The oder control seems to be fine as well while using a non covered pan which allows it to breath and the wood itself is super absorbant. The best part of all is that it dumps right out of the pan without sticking and is SO easy to clean I will never go back to any other litter again!

mjl1297

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cirque

We have tried the crystals, the scoopable, the clay, and a couple others... to date the best litter I have found is none of those.

Crystals: Problem: Fine dust gets into cats lungs causing coughing and potential health problems.

Scoopable: Problem: Sticks to cats paws, especially if they pee a lot then scratch around. Tracks a nasty grey "pee-clay" around your house from their paws.

Clay: Problem: Smelly, messy, heavy, hard to clean, pain in the..

SOLUTION:
Compressed Pine Pellet Litter ("Feline Pine")! Problem: Minor. Works great for us. There is a slight tracking issue once its all broken up from being used, but extreamly easy to vaccum or sweep up and if changed fairly reguarly does not seem to be a problem. It does not leave foot prints on your furniture, it does not stick to your cat's paws and it does not get into their lungs. The oder control seems to be fine as well while using a non covered pan which allows it to breath and the wood itself is super absorbant. The best part of all is that it dumps right out of the pan without sticking and is SO easy to clean I will never go back to any other litter again!
I hate to sound like the proverbial wet blanket here but Feline Pine is what I was using until I noticed the dust that forms in the box was starting to discolour the bottom of my Birman's gloves. I switched and soon got rid of that problem. I'm using Tidy Cats crystals at the moment but the silica is a source of concern. I wish I could find out a little more about this Rescue Clean Scoop litter.

jsample

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

No can do. I've used that and my Birman's urine had some sort of chemical reaction with it giving off the devil of a stink. Wheat litters are also out and the corn cob litters that I've tried have unacceptable tracking problems. Feline pine eventually causes the same sort of problem as it breaks down. I'm currently using Tidy Cat crystals for multiple cats but I would like to get away from the silica.
Saw Rescue Clean Scoop Litter a couple of days ago and used it---threw it out yesterday. What is supposed to last for a month stunk so bad had to throw it out after 1 1/2 days. We have 3 cats but only one stays in the house most of the time so she is the only one who used it. I am in the process of finding an address for the manufacturer when I found this forum.

We have been using feline pine for a few months now and like it best so far although it has its problems of breaking down and has some smell to it but it doesn't clump with the urine so is not heavy.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what about yesterdays news>>???

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm using a Yesterday's News/Feline Pine combo. I start with Yesterday's News and put a small layer into the box, followed by the Feline Pine. What's nice about the Feline Pine is that you don't have to use that much because it breaks down into sawdust, getting light and fluffy, and filling up the litter box.

I don't really like the smell much of the newspaper/pine combo, but I have to admit that clean-up is a breeze.

I agree with your concerns about silica dust. Whenever I would dump Fresh Step litter out of the bag, the dust that stirred up was enormous. Now I have concerns about the feline pine pellets breaking down into sawdust. I wonder if it's safe breathing in the sawdust??

If you'd like to read some more comments on cat litter, please read under the topic, "Best Litter?" in this forum.

tubaryan12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This has got to be one of the worse products ever! It didn't even last 3 days before I had to throw it out and get something else.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had great results with Nature's Miracle corncob based litter. It does track a bit because Gizmo wipes her paws on the outside of the box, but it all stays in the bathroom.
I think this is far better than the food-based litters, which are powdery and track far more. We didn't really like Feline Pine and I never tried Yesterday's News, though it might be good.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I currently use the Fresh Step with Carbon. It clumps really really good. There is litterally no odor. I don't like the dust, but my two cats who, by the way, pee and poop a ton, really seem to like it. If I were to try another brand, I would definitely try the Nature's Miracle.

Just my thoughts
Shanynne

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be careful about that dust. It is silica, and it can give the cats (and you) serious lung diseases.
Nature's Miracle does not have any dust, and the tracking is minimal. All the litters Gizmo used were knocked outside the box since she wipes her paws energetically on the edge of the box after she uses it.
The very worst brand was another corn mix (not World's Best, but a competitor) that tracked literally everywhere; I saw yellow cat prints on my pillow and just lost it (and also dumped the entire box and went back to Nature's Miracle.)

mjl1297

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Using Odorlockers at the moment. Very low tracking, great odor control, inexpensive, flushable, and I can pick it up at the local Kroger. Visit odorlockers.com for further information. I certainly hope this one is a keeper!

missylll69

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

i have asthma and allergies this stuff works great does not stick to the bottom of litterbox easy to clean no DUST this is big for me and has a nice orange sent every time they do their duty only have to change litter once a month this is a nice option

katsrule

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I have 4 cats, I am disabled, they are my best friends. Being in a chair makes doing some things like litter maintenace a challenge. I tried every litter out there, nothing works as well as Rescue Clean Scoop. It kills the odors, my house smells like lemons. The cats love it, and I don't have to scoop out clumps of pee, this stuff totally absorbs it. I have owned cats since 1982 and this litter is great! It weighs almost nothing and for me that helps a great deal. I recommend it to everyone.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shanynne

I currently use the Fresh Step with Carbon. It clumps really really good. There is litterally no odor. I don't like the dust, but my two cats who, by the way, pee and poop a ton, really seem to like it.
Shanynne, does it have perfume? I guess mentally I'm stuck thinking of Fresh Step as "oh that perfumey litter" but I assume the company has come out with new varieties in the last few years? I've never heard of Natures Miracle but will investigate today. Good thread.