Nutro Indoor Cat?

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed DeeDee from Iams to Natural Choice complete indoor adult cat. She vomited and spit up alot but hasn't since I changed her food. So, for DeeDee is was a good switch
I don't know anything about the other brand you were feeding tho. I'm sure Pat will answer when she sees the post

zanniesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why do you want to change? What is it you want to accomplish and how does this food meet your kitty's needs? Cats are obligate carnivores and need a meat based diet. Is the food you are considering a meat based food? Are meat sources first on the list of ingredients? How many sources of carbohydrates are there? What forms are the carbohydrates in?
A couple of good links about cat nutrition.
http://www.blakkatz.com/dryfood.html
http://www.maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm
Becky

iceover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Nico digs the Nutro Indoor food- he gets the Chicken and rice flavor. Nutro is a good quality food so I don't think you can go too wrong with it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just recommended Nutro to somebody today - it's a pretty good food, and not overly expensive. I haven't used the Indoor formula, though I doubt there's too much difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, thats all I am wondering, I know Nutro is good food, and I came across the Indoor formula and thought that since mine are all indoor it might be a good idea, the one I am feeding now is also Nutro, just a different formula.
I think I might buy a little bag and see how it goes

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am surprised, because I love a different nutro product, the natural choice complete care line, but I like the ingredients list better in the Max Cat! I also noticed the Max cat food you had a link to has a lower ash content, and slightly lower protein which I think is preferable.

I'm not crazy about the "garlic flavor" listed in the Indoor formula either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks

Im just going to stick with my Nutro Max Cat, they all love it, my vet likes it, and will all your help, I'll just stay with it!

bellinakitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think what you said just sums it all up!

I'm glad this is working out for you, as I'm trying a new food for my cat and it happens to be Nutro Max. I picked it because of the good ingredients and the lower price compared to other brands like Royal Cannin. I have a very tight budget but I want to give my cat a better food.

coastal1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just recently switched my kitties to Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Weight Management. They seem to like it. No complaints here!

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The person at Petsmart said the indoor formula is supposed to help with stinky poops. My kitten eats Max and I don't notice any stinky poops so I'll probably stick with it also. She also said to start my kitten off with Max not indoor because the kibble are smaller.

BTW, sign up on the Nutro website and they will send you coupons!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I am surprised, because I love a different nutro product, the natural choice complete care line, but I like the ingredients list better in the Max Cat! I also noticed the Max cat food you had a link to has a lower ash content, and slightly lower protein which I think is preferable.

I'm not crazy about the "garlic flavor" listed in the Indoor formula either.
I think Max is just fine as long as kitty is doing well... I prefer to recommend regular natural choice for tummy issues ... Max for generally healthy and seldom the indoor due to the soy protein in it ...

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
haha, I totally thought you were talking about wet food for the entire thread until just now.
I was going to say, my cat hates patÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] style food, but I guess that has nothing to do with anything...