TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hey REMEMBER..................
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hey REMEMBER.................. - Page 3

post #61 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva
I loved those things. I remember my parents, cousins someone said they exploded and that's why they took them off the market. I fell for it then, but now it doesn't make too much sense.

Do you guys remember this thing? It was a ring that you stuck your foot in and it had a plastic tube attached to it and a big plastic bell on the end. You caused it to swing around in a circle and you'd have to jump with your other foot. Maybe that is what Susan called a "french skip"?
Wasn't that called a "Jingle Jump", because there was a little bell attached? You know, my mother still has my Chatty Cathy doll. I remember running to a neighbor's house to be able to watch "Dark Shadows" in color (we had B&W), and how everybody on our street came to "watch" the dishwasher run, because it was the first on the street (that was about 42 years ago). They stood or sat around the kitchen and talked about it, just waiting to see how clean the dishes would be. Remember white lipstick?
post #62 of 85
Who remembers "Laugh-in"? Goldie Hawn got her start on that show!
post #63 of 85
My Mother the Car- and there was another show about two astronaunts stranded on an island? I remember the jingle to the program but not the name of it- and no it wasn't I Dream of Jeanie. The jingle went-

It's about time, it's about space, about two men in the strangest place... that's all I remember

I also remember Land of the Giants and Man from U.N.C.L.E.
post #64 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKook
I remember those! Gosh I haven't thought about klackers in years! I think mine were orange also!! They would probably be outlawed these days.....you could kill someone with those things!

And Trolls.....oh yes Mary Anne.....I had a nice collection of troll dolls!

I had klackers too! Mine were green and glowed in the dark. My mother was always terrified I was going to knock myself out with them!
post #65 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy
My Mother the Car- and there was another show about two astronaunts stranded on an island? I remember the jingle to the program but not the name of it- and no it wasn't I Dream of Jeanie. The jingle went-

It's about time, it's about space, about two men in the strangest place... that's all I remember

I also remember Land of the Giants and Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Now I'm not going to be able to sleep - I remember the astronaut show, but not what it was called.
post #66 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
Now I'm not going to be able to sleep - I remember the astronaut show, but not what it was called.
I think it's called "It's About Time". I looked up the lyrics, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone remember the show where the wife's name was Honey and the husband would come in after work and say "Hi Honey, I'm home!"?
post #67 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226
I think it's called "It's About Time". I looked up the lyrics, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone remember the show where the wife's name was Honey and the husband would come in after work and say "Hi Honey, I'm home!"?
No, but I just remembered "Honey West", about a female P.I.! Which, in turn, reminded me of "T.H.E. Cat"!
post #68 of 85
Someone remember this TV Shows of the 70´s?
-Starsky & Hutch

-Love boat

-Wonder Woman

-The Invasors!!!!

post #69 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Boy
I remember getting up and walking to the floor model TV and beating it to watch Sesame Street in clear picture. Remember when TV's were so picky?
Oh gosh, remember those rabbit ear antennas the t.v. had, and you put aluminum foil flags on them to try to get better reception, and sometimes the picture would only come in if somone stood there and held the antenna in position? My brother would sometimes make me do that so he could watch the Planet of the Apes movies, which they used to show on WWOR on Saturday afternoons after the cartoons.
post #70 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
Someone remember this TV Shows of the 70´s?
-Starsky & Hutch

-Love boat

-Wonder Woman

-The Invasors!!!!


I was a HUGE fan of Wonder Woman. I even had Wonder Woman Underoos and one year at Halloween, I tried to get my mother to let me wear them as my costume. Remember Underoos?
post #71 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
Who remembers "Laugh-in"? Goldie Hawn got her start on that show!
Who could forget "Laugh-in"? I think that was the funniest, smartest show of all time!
post #72 of 85
Another product of the 80's....

Neon v-neck sweaters worn backwards without a shirt underneath
Parachute pants
Pants with snaps on the ankles to make that really tight cuff
Benneton
Cross jewelry (Thanks Madonna)
"New romantic" era bands-Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, Culture Club....
New Zoo Revue
H.R. Puffenstuff (whoever created that show was doing some kind of drugs)
Prom dresses with big crinolines
Even bigger hair
post #73 of 85
Wonder Woman!
post #74 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacat
I was a HUGE fan of Wonder Woman. I even had Wonder Woman Underoos and one year at Halloween, I tried to get my mother to let me wear them as my costume. Remember Underoos?

I had those underoos too...my mother has a picture of me in them. I also had a Wonder Woman Doll. She was a little bigger than a Barbie and I used to take her everywhere with me.
post #75 of 85
An 80's baby...

New Kids on the Block
zoo ba le zoo
Teddy Ruxpin
Klackers!!!! I had a bunch of those... I broke mine once!
Old School Jungle Gyms in the park... The wood ones, not the metal ones! with Tire Swings!!
He-Man & She-Ra
Thundercats!! I bought a Cougar because the logo looks like the Thundercats Symbol!
Wearing scrunchie socks over stockings and bike shorts under the skirt of a catholic school uniform... before the skirts became so short the girls cant bend over anymore without showing their butts...
POPPLES!! You remember those little furry things that would reverse into another color!
My Little Pony...
Lite Bright
Glow Worms
post #76 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
No, but I just remembered "Honey West", about a female P.I.! Which, in turn, reminded me of "T.H.E. Cat"!
I have a pic of myself with my Honey West gear that I got for Christmas.
post #77 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2
I remember Chatty Cathy, going to the drive-in in my big brother's Merc Woody, Link Wray,The Ventures and Dick Dale records, The Dobie Gillis Show, The Munsters, Ed Sullivan presenting The Beatles and the Rolling Stones. OMG!!!!! I am ancient!!!!!!
I remember rushing home from school to see our first color tv, then discovering my favorite show, Dark Shadows, was still in black and white. It went to color soon after, but it wasn't the same.
Dark Shadows - I watched that show everyday after school, maybe? My Uncle was 7 yrs older than me and lived next door. We'd watch it in the basement with the lights out and he used to just scare the crap outta me. Remember "Quentin's Theme" ? I had that played at my wedding. I figured there would only be a few that would recognize it as a Dark Shadows song anyway It was such a pretty song. I still have the sheet music.
post #78 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy
My Mother the Car- and there was another show about two astronaunts stranded on an island? I remember the jingle to the program but not the name of it- and no it wasn't I Dream of Jeanie. The jingle went-

It's about time, it's about space, about two men in the strangest place... that's all I remember

I also remember Land of the Giants and Man from U.N.C.L.E.
"Its About Time" was about two astronauts, who got transported back to prehistoric times. Imogene Coca played a cavewoman.

I remember white eyeliner and frosted white lipstick - made women look like corpses!

I had SUCH a crush on David McCallum, from the "Man from U.N.C.L.E." BTW: U.N.C.L.E. stood for "United Network Command for Law Enforcement".
post #79 of 85
The astronauts and Imogene Coca are still driving me crazy. From the 70s - the Bee Gees and Pac Man. From the 80s - "Pound Puppies", and those really weird "elf" boots. And who can forget "leggings"?
post #80 of 85
Cindy, now I can sleep! i "googled" "Imogene Coca", and this was the result: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059997/ Thank you! We "over 40s" weren't hallucinating!
post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove
I had those underoos too...my mother has a picture of me in them. I also had a Wonder Woman Doll. She was a little bigger than a Barbie and I used to take her everywhere with me.

I had a Batman doll like that. I also had Donnie and Marie dolls!
post #82 of 85
Betamacs
9 mm projectors
Tandy computers
Those TVs that you had to turn the dials on.
LDs
OLD style typewriters with the tape spool and the key hammers when you really needed to press buttons hard.. YEESH you had to hae strong fingers to use those.

Egg timers
post #83 of 85
This thread is cool! I remember -

From the 80's
teased bangs
"gummi" bracelets (those black rubber ones that you wore like 20 at a time)
leggings with long baggy shirts
I remember when Flashdance came out and everyone had to learn to pull their bra through their sleeve like she did!
LP's
Twin Peaks (I was totally addicted to that show!)
going roller skating (You had to have white skates with pom-poms on the front)
Believing 30 was old (I'm 33 now, so I guess I was wrong!)
post #84 of 85
LOL METAL SLIDES.. the wide ones that were at like a 45 degree angle to the ground, and you'd have to be like .. greased or something to actually slide down without leaving the skin of your shins at the top of the slide.

Lawn Darts. The kind with the metal tips
Horse shoes.. Especially when we threw them at eachother, lol
Raggedy Ann
videobooks!! (by golden, lol)
post #85 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecat
LOL METAL SLIDES.. the wide ones that were at like a 45 degree angle to the ground, and you'd have to be like .. greased or something to actually slide down without leaving the skin of your shins at the top of the slide.
And if you had shorts on, your leg skin would make this weird squeaking noise as you tried to slide down! And remember how HOT they used to get in the summer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hey REMEMBER..................