Hi Colleen! Thank you so much for the great questions!
1. What marathons have you run? What is your best time? I have run CIM (California Int'l Marathon), Sacramento Marathon, and Mayors Midnight Sun in Alaska. I also did weekly runs of 22 miles...I averaged about 50+ miles week. My best time was 3:35:12
2. What kind of bicycling do you do? Mountain biking, road biking? I am a road cyclist. My hubby Mtn. bikes, so I would like to get a Mtn. Bike someday. But I love to road bike!
3. What kind of bike do you have? I have a 2001 Cannodale R800...I love it. When we get back to the States I would love to get another bike...you can never have too many!
4. Who is your favorite bicyclist? Ooooo...good question!
Hmm....the obvious answer would be Lance Armstrong, because I admire his determination and all that he over-came...but my favorite cyclist would have to be Tyler Hamilton and I have always had a soft spot for Vialtcheslav Ekimov and of course Mario Cippolini is loads of fun
(my hubby is a huge Jan Ullrich fan)
5. Do you compete in cycling events? I have ridden centuries, but not any racing events. I plan to get into Cat racing (Category racing...not the fuzzy kind!) when we get back to the States
6. Did you run cross-country in high school or college? Track and field (if so, what events)? I ran Cross Country. I can run forever long and slow...I am not too good with the fast stuff!
7. What kind of knee injury do you have? Can you not run at all anymore or do you just have to run shorter distances? Sadly, my running "career" is over.
I fractured my medial tibual plateau head while running - basically I crushed the inside of my left knee at the point where the tibia meets the femur, down 1/2 inch. Had to have that reconstructed...almost had a knee replacement over that. Followed by 3 months of complete bed rest (can we say bed pan?) and three surgeries after my initial surgery and week long hospital stay. That was a bummer of a summer! Sooo...due to the damage and the weakened bone head, I will never be able to run again...unless someone is trying to kill me!
8. How far is the AFB from London We are at RAF Lakenheath which is 65 miles Northwest of London and 30 miles from Cambridge...a very rural area, and I love it!!