TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › 2 hours, 23 minutes and counting...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2 hours, 23 minutes and counting...

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
*sigh*

I'm SO bored!

I'm sitting here at work with NOTHING going on. Nothing. I'm taking tomorrow off to make a long holiday weekend, so that makes it even worse. And it's CHRISTMAS for goodness sake, and I'm ready for Christmas NOW!!!

OK, not really ready. I still have to wrap the presents for Earl, and stuff the kitties' stocking, but I'm ready to be at home doing those things now! LOL And I know that there is nothing here at the office that I actually want to do!

Anyone else in the waiting game like me? Or will this be you tomorrow?

2 hours, 19 minutes and counting...
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
*sigh*

I'm SO bored!

I'm sitting here at work with NOTHING going on. Nothing. I'm taking tomorrow off to make a long holiday weekend, so that makes it even worse. And it's CHRISTMAS for goodness sake, and I'm ready for Christmas NOW!!!

OK, not really ready. I still have to wrap the presents for Earl, and stuff the kitties' stocking, but I'm ready to be at home doing those things now! LOL And I know that there is nothing here at the office that I actually want to do!

Anyone else in the waiting game like me? Or will this be you tomorrow?

2 hours, 19 minutes and counting...

Right there with ya. Want to be outta here and times is dragging like a drunk leaving a bar! Ugh, AND I have to come back tomorrow, but only for an hour or two, and at like noon, so not too bad. But I want to be done.
post #3 of 18
post #4 of 18
Oh there's nothing worse than being chained to the desk when it's boring is there?

Although my work day is over here, the students finished last Friday, so I can work from home this week . Even though I've got a stack of papers to mark, I can mark them in my armchair by the fire!!! I'd better shut up now hadn't I, I can see I'm not going to make any friends this way
post #5 of 18
Well, my work day came to an abrupt half today after lunch. Our boss took us out for a nice lunch, then afterwards said, Oh, everyone just go on home. It's snowing alot here, so he wanted to make sure we all got home ok. What a guy! I have tomorrow thru Tuesday off, so it just started me off early.
post #6 of 18
Sorry gang. I've been on vacation ALL WEEK!
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
:r asp::ras p:

OK, I feel better now.

1 hour, 47 minutes...
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever
Well, my work day came to an abrupt half today after lunch. Our boss took us out for a nice lunch, then afterwards said, Oh, everyone just go on home. It's snowing alot here, so he wanted to make sure we all got home ok. What a guy! I have tomorrow thru Tuesday off, so it just started me off early.
What a great boss!!
post #9 of 18
Im stuck here at work with nothing to do as well. 1 hour and 20 minutes to go.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
:r asp::ras p:

OK, I feel better now.

1 hour, 47 minutes...
At least it's not boring anymore!!

In 1998 we spent 5 days near Denver, just off the I70 - the address was in Golden, but the place we stayed wasn't actually in the town. It was near a restaurant called El Rancho. We loved it - although it was very hot at the time 108 degrees!!

Hubby and I are planning on going back to Colorado sometime when we're not paying our daughter's way through University!!
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb25
Sorry gang. I've been on vacation ALL WEEK!

Same here! The sad thing is that I can't get excited about Christmas because Christmas marks my first day back at work. GRRR!
post #12 of 18
god i know the feeling, my work is very boring, and i dont finish untill christmas eve!!!! though its only half day
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
At least it's not boring anymore!!

In 1998 we spent 5 days near Denver, just off the I70 - the address was in Golden, but the place we stayed wasn't actually in the town. It was near a restaurant called El Rancho. We loved it - although it was very hot at the time 108 degrees!!

Hubby and I are planning on going back to Colorado sometime when we're not paying our daughter's way through University!!
Beth, we're right next to Golden. I *think* I know the restaurant you are talking about too.

108!! Holy cow it hardly ever gets that hot!!! Although that sounds comfortable compared to what we're supposed to see for a high tomorrow - a balmy 6 degrees F.
post #14 of 18
Well if it makes anyone feel better I've been on holiday since the 2nd of December and I don't go back to school until the 1st of feb!
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Beth, we're right next to Golden. I *think* I know the restaurant you are talking about too.

108!! Holy cow it hardly ever gets that hot!!! Although that sounds comfortable compared to what we're supposed to see for a high tomorrow - a balmy 6 degrees F.
A little further down the road from the restaurant is a Bed and Breakfast called "Ashley House" we stayed there - it was wonderful. Ken and Tim were our hosts - although they've since sold up and moved away and they were fantastic. Talking about it with hubby, we think El Rancho was near the junction where we turned off the I70, and there was a sign nearby for a place called Evergreen - would that be right? It's been some time!!

It was so hot when we were there that we escaped to the top of Mount Evans instead where it was a more bearable 53 degrees!!
post #16 of 18
Know the feeling of work boredom!! I am very fortunate in that my boss allows me to work from home when there are no obligations at the office. So of course with everyone out this week, I've been working from home all week long. When there is nothing happening with work, I can get my laundry, house cleaning, present wrapping and cat playing in. OK, so I'm slacking this week!

And I start a vacation officially tomorrow thru about January 4th. Heading to Englewood, CO on the 30th for a long weekend there. In the mean time, I plan to luxuriate in boring activities all week long!
post #17 of 18
My vacation started today, and I did absolutely nothing (except read and cook dinner), so I'll have to clean, wash, wrap presents and put up the tree tomorrow. All before 4 p.m., so I'd better get up early.
post #18 of 18
Heidi,

you must be done now right? I was at like 3pm today. It was tough to go in cause the only reason I had to was cause of someone else's irresponsible
behavior. If he hadn't screwed up I would have been home today.
Argggh. Bt it's over and in the spirit of Christmas I forgive the SOB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › 2 hours, 23 minutes and counting...