We've taken on a new cat - Tigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Found another thread:

Tigger, abandonded many years ago, was taken in by my wife [before we were married and was a single parent (dratted husband didn't provide support) ] when she lived with her parents. When she moved out, her parents kept Tigger. No wishing to have an argument with them she allowed this to happen.

Many years later:

Enter Felton, marriage and LARGE house. Four cats, two dogs and one cockatiel.

Tigger is in early stage kidney failure by this time of his life. My in-laws want Tiiger put down as they don't want to have him suffer. Nancy takes Tigger to vet and an IV is used to give him fluids. Nancy is a nurse and know I don't object to any expense where it relates to health and welfare of our masters. We chose the burden by letting them make us slaves.

Tigger is now at home. Drinking more and getting used to the additional needs that will support him till he crosses the Rainbow Bridge.

Tigger may stay with us till he crosses. MIL and FIL have not yet decided

but we will provide what we can and hope he accepts the additional four cats into his world (since he thinks he's Alpha cat)

Charlie has become a member in good standing in our clan and life goes on.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing a wonderful thing for Tigger. Having a Tiggy ourselves, I understand. But then again, none of us ever wants our babies to suffer.......God bless you for watching out for him until it's his time.........

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Tigger is in good hands with you now. I hope he has quite a bit of more time to share with you and your family. Bless you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tigger Update:

Tigger accepts Shadow Ram as Alpha and they have fun RUNNING around the house doing bounce turns [a bounce turn is using an object or person to stop their forward momentum so they can bounce off and make a 90 degree or more turn in direction] and sudden stops somewhere and look like they are "resting" or assuming the meatloaf position [forward legs folded under body and they look like a meatloaf]

Tigger drinks lots of water, but no other problems. He has become a much more mellow cat and life is good. [he would never allow a tummy scratch or tail scratch (at the base of the tail) or having a foot rub] When mother in law and father in law visit (they only live 30 miles away) they are amazed at his change to become a mellow cat.

Tigger still not allow interaction with any of the other cats though. He will not tolerate the dogs, except through the window. Oh well.... we still love him lots.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Tigger is doing well and running around, enjoying himself. You've done a wonderful thing for him.....

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for helping dear Tigger during a time of great need. This is a great thing you are doing for him. I myself had a Tigger as well before....(
)

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another update: We have found out that Tigger will practically OOZE from your feet to your head and cry when he spots you eating a Little Debbie fancy cake. He doesn't react to catnip.... but those little cakes will cause quite the reaction

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tigger is in a foul mood today. Attacking everyone.....

and Shadow Ram the alpha is NOT taking any nonsense. Put Tigger in his bedroom for a time out.

sigh

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tigger went ... VERY CRANKY... I now have about 6 scratches I received while putting a towel over his head so we could put him into TIME OUT. It seems he does not like Laptop so he will occasionally attack him. Laptop is the biggest cat (and a scardy cat) When we got him into his room, when we uncovered his head, he started purring and panting / meowing (we think he was sorry but not sure)

Oh well.... cranky OLD cats is an experience I'd rather not have but we knew that going in he was cranky at times.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been admitted to the hospital because of the bite/scratch %^(

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I spent four days in the hospital because of the infection that Tigger gave me.
IV antibiotics every 6 hours and PAINFUL reactions. Zowie...

Painkillers and getting poked with needles by techs who wouldn't listen where to poke me in the arm to get blood.

Home now and Tigger has been rather loving of late. I think he knows that I was sick because of him.

Oh well... life with cats.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor you - I hope you're feeling better now
. It can be so tough introducing another cat - paticularly if they're same sex. I hope things settle down for you. It's so wonderful of your to care for Tigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.