TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Clock?!!? Please help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clock?!!? Please help!

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Ok...so I thought I was about done with my christmas shopping. Zack and I decided to get his grandmother a clock she can actually see. We want to get her a digital clock that you see at night when the lights are off, but big enough to see when laying in bed across the room. Some of the prices are outrageous--over $200!!! Anyone know of a site I can check out...I've been researching this for the past hour

Thanks!
post #2 of 20
I can't help you but I just had to say that it would have to be one big mother of a clock for me to see it without my glasses.
post #3 of 20
It's a pity you didn't have an Argos store in the states because they sell them
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
Ok...so I thought I was about done with my christmas shopping. Zack and I decided to get his grandmother a clock she can actually see. We want to get her a digital clock that you see at night when the lights are off, but big enough to see when laying in bed across the room. Some of the prices are outrageous--over $200!!! Anyone know of a site I can check out...I've been researching this for the past hour



Thanks!
Heres one on amazon I don't know if it is specificlly what your looking for but it is very cheap
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=hpc&n=507846
post #5 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula11
Heres one on amazon I don't know if it is specificlly what your looking for but it is very cheap
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=hpc&n=507846


I can't tell if that is a wall clock or not...hmmm...it may work, but I think it needs to be a little bigger.
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
I can't tell if that is a wall clock or not...hmmm...it may work, but I think it needs to be a little bigger.

Oh so its a wall clock your looking for???.....Ill look around for one of those then....
post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula11
Oh so its a wall clock your looking for???.....Ill look around for one of those then....

oops, I forgot to mention that Yes, it needs to be a wall clock so it can go above her closet!

We went to 4 different places last night and couldn't find one!
post #8 of 20
There is this clock that I saw sometime back which has the ability to project the time on to the ceiling or wall. So it need not actually be a wall clock.

http://www.weathertools.com/oregon/a...rojection.html

Not too sure how trustworthy the site is but this is the closest approximation of what I saw from a brief search of the web.
post #9 of 20
Do you need to buy it directly from a store, or is ordering online OK for you?


*edited
If you can order online, try this link: www.maxiaids.com
and do a search for wall clock . They have a pretty good selection.
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties
Do you need to buy it directly from a store, or is ordering online OK for you?


*edited
If you can order online, try this link: www.maxiaids.com
and do a search for wall clock (no quotes). They have a pretty good selection.

The first link doesn't work--what is it exactly?

I looked through all the clocks--can't seem to find what I am looking for
post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
you edited the posting...
post #12 of 20
Sorry, I keep goofing on links. try this one: http://www.maxiaids.com/store/prodVi...=0&idCategory=
post #13 of 20
Thread Starter 
Wish they had one with red numbers so it would light up at night
post #14 of 20
You could always try on ebay
post #15 of 20
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
You could always try on ebay

I checked ebay-and nothing.
post #17 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties

That would work perfectly but she doesn't need all the functions and the remote. Too complicated for her.
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
That would work perfectly but she doesn't need all the functions and the remote. Too complicated for her.
You've stumped me. I can't find any other digital wall clocks, but hopefully someone else can help?

Perhaps you could buy one of the less-expensive low-vision digital alarm clocks, and put it on a little shelf on the wall? Or you could try the remote one designed to hang on the wall, and just don't give her the remote - keep it simple & only use it as a wall clock, though it's a bit expensive for that.

This link lists 4 pages of different clocks with large numbers
http://www.maxiaids.com/store/prodLi...y=52&idstore=1

This one has a few too
http://www.independentliving.com/dep...20and%20Timers
post #19 of 20
I asked my Nana for a clock for Christmas. Good luck Candie!
post #20 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties
You've stumped me. I can't find any other digital wall clocks, but hopefully someone else can help?

Perhaps you could buy one of the less-expensive low-vision digital alarm clocks, and put it on a little shelf on the wall? Or you could try the remote one designed to hang on the wall, and just don't give her the remote - keep it simple & only use it as a wall clock, though it's a bit expensive for that.

This link lists 4 pages of different clocks with large numbers
http://www.maxiaids.com/store/prodLi...y=52&idstore=1

This one has a few too
http://www.independentliving.com/dep...20and%20Timers
I think it'll work perfect...but Zack says it is still a little expensive...we'll see though. I can't believe Christmas is only 9 days away!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Clock?!!? Please help!