TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ok I am a whimp and I know it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ok I am a whimp and I know it - Page 2

post #31 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever
Oh Honey, I'm right there with you in spirit.....I"ll be going through this myself in 3 weeks from today........and my surgery isnt' until 3:30! I have to go all day with out anything to eat or drink! Is yours an outpatient thing or willl you have to spend the night............
Thanks I know how you feel the dreading is the worst. 3:30 in the afternoon would be touture without any food or liquids. It will be an outpatient thing. Ken is taking the day off to be with me and to make sure that when I do get up and move around I don't walk into a wall or something
post #32 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissom
sending good vibes your way... too bad you can't send morphine vibes... or I would send them too to ease the pain!
I sure would take them too Thanks for that smile this morning.
post #33 of 48
Well Cathi, you or Ken let us know as soon as you can how you are, ok? Remember, it'll be over with soon and it's never as bad as we anticipate. Also remember, that no pain, lasts forever........it'll get better..........just beleive that!
post #34 of 48
Thread Starter 
I will thanks....No Pain! What a wonderful thing to think about
post #35 of 48
I'm praying for you, Cathi, and my love is with you!
post #36 of 48
Thread Starter 
Hey all I made it through surgery without any problems. Hopefully this will help with the gremlin that lives in my bladder to keep it at bay at least for a little while anyway One can only pray that this will work.

Right now I am still in a lot of pain but the Tylox that doc sent me home with is working great Knocks me right out so I don't feel anything for a few hours. I just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and doing okay.

Thank you for all of the well wishes and good vibes from all of my friends here on TCS, you guys are the very best
post #37 of 48
Yea Cathi!!! Good to hear your home.......the worst is behind you, now relax, sleep and eat lots of Christmas cookies!!
post #38 of 48
Cathi--I had a procedure done in March of 2002. My doctor basically went in and stretched my bladder. I had been having constant bladder infections since I was in 5th grade (since 1993). I don't quite remember what he called what I had--but I do remember he said it was Cystitus of some sort. Ever since that, I haven't had any problems! It was painful when I woke up, and it lasted for a couple of days--so all in all...I do understand how you feel and what you must be going through--my prayers are with you!! You will soon not be in anymore pain!!
post #39 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
Cathi--I had a procedure done in March of 2002. My doctor basically went in and stretched my bladder. I had been having constant bladder infections since I was in 5th grade (since 1993). I don't quite remember what he called what I had--but I do remember he said it was Cystitus of some sort. Ever since that, I haven't had any problems! It was painful when I woke up, and it lasted for a couple of days--so all in all...I do understand how you feel and what you must be going through--my prayers are with you!! You will soon not be in anymore pain!!

I sure hope so. It has been so long that I haven't been in pain that I forgot what it feels like. No pain sounds wonderful to me. Candie it sounds like you may have Interstitial Cystitis also.

That is what I have been having constant infections although when the test is run no infection is present, lots of blood in my urine, constant pain ranging from mild to mind numbing pain that has put a hold on my life. I just want my life back, one where I can walk my dogs or go shopping in the malls, etc. I haven't been able to do anything for over 2 years now.
post #40 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiecat
I sure hope so. It has been so long that I haven't been in pain that I forgot what it feels like. No pain sounds wonderful to me. Candie it sounds like you may have Interstitial Cystitis also.

That is what I have been having constant infections although when the test is run no infection is present, lots of blood in my urine, constant pain ranging from mild to mind numbing pain that has put a hold on my life. I just want my life back, one where I can walk my dogs or go shopping in the malls, etc. I haven't been able to do anything for over 2 years now.
That's it! It means my bladder is shrinking within time too. He predicts I might have to have the surgery again in 5-10 years. I didn't have infections either...but I had traces of blood. They always thought I was on my period--which I wasn't. It was real puzzling. Hope all gets better--my life was miserable until the surgery. I missed 30 days of school my last semester in high school.
post #41 of 48
Oh Cathi, My best wishes for you! I´ll send you good vibes!!!
post #42 of 48
Cathi, I'm relieved to hear you withstood the procedure, and am keeping my fingers crossed that it really helps this time.
post #43 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
That's it! It means my bladder is shrinking within time too. He predicts I might have to have the surgery again in 5-10 years. I didn't have infections either...but I had traces of blood. They always thought I was on my period--which I wasn't. It was real puzzling. Hope all gets better--my life was miserable until the surgery. I missed 30 days of school my last semester in high school.
Oh Candie I feel for you girl I hope that your doctors caught this before it got really bad for you. It was over 8 years before I was diagonesed with it. Doc has told me I have a severe case due to the not being diagnosed and no treatments. There is now way to reverse the damage that was done so now I will have to find a treatment to make me comfy.
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiecat
Oh Candie I feel for you girl I hope that your doctors caught this before it got really bad for you. It was over 8 years before I was diagonesed with it. Doc has told me I have a severe case due to the not being diagnosed and no treatments. There is now way to reverse the damage that was done so now I will have to find a treatment to make me comfy.

Wow--well it progressively got worse and I have been on many many drugs since 1993. So, my body is immuned to so many things because of that--it stinks! I can't take certain drugs anymore because they don't do me any good!
post #45 of 48
Thread Starter 
I am glad that you got treatment for this. I wish that I had, I did try I went to about 13 doctors total before finding one that knew what he was doing and what he was looking for. Man it makes me want to go and kick some @ss that the others kept telling me that it was all in my head.
post #46 of 48
Glad to hear that you are home Cathi!
post #47 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
Glad to hear that you are home Cathi!
Awww Thank you Sam Knowing all of you here on TCS was thinking about me gave me the courage to go through that again. This was the second time that doc has done that the first time was in August and it was bad...real bad. Doc has given me stronger meds this time to keep the beast at bay. THANKS TCS No Whimp Support Group
post #48 of 48
I'm glad it's all over and you're back home. Keeping taking the meds!! and hopefully you'll be pain free when you're all better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ok I am a whimp and I know it