TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ocean's Twelve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ocean's Twelve

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Went and saw this sequel this evening. I, for one, would advise you not to bother. Plot, what plot? It was just a confusing mess from start to finish.
post #2 of 26
I strongly disliked the first one so I wasn't planning on going to the second - but thanks for the feedback Deb.
post #3 of 26
I've heard as much... I kinda wanted to see it but now after so many negative reviews, I'll put it out of my head!

Thanks for posting your opinion!
post #4 of 26
thanks -- brendan and i were trying to decide if we should see it. looks like i won't waste my money!
post #5 of 26
I absolutely loved it!! I am a big Julia Roberts fan!! It was hilarious in some parts when Tess...well don't want to give it away to the people that still want to see it!
post #6 of 26
See I'm a big Julia Roberts fan too - that's why I wanted to see it. But I've heard it described as a bunch of famous actors getting paid a lot to just have fun... kinda like you're watching them have fun on the screen and you feel a little left out.
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226
See I'm a big Julia Roberts fan too - that's why I wanted to see it. But I've heard it described as a bunch of famous actors getting paid a lot to just have fun... kinda like you're watching them have fun on the screen and you feel a little left out.

You see--I thought I wasn't going to like it---complete opposite!!
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb25
Went and saw this sequel this evening. I, for one, would advise you not to bother. Plot, what plot? It was just a confusing mess from start to finish.
Oh dear! Thanks for the warning!
post #9 of 26
Oh that's too bad. Dan wanted to see it even though I hated the first one, I agreed to go with him for this one..
post #10 of 26
Thank you for your review, Deb! You've saved all of us the time and money!
post #11 of 26
Thread Starter 
Speaking of movies in general, is Hollywood just plain out of ideas for new ones? All of the posters in the theater seemed to be for upcoming films that were just remakes or film versions of old ideas:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp.

The Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds in a different role.

Fat Albert.
post #12 of 26
I heard it was like watching home movies of the rich and famous!Yea
post #13 of 26
i rather go and watch that movie that looks like nemo... and that one with bridgit jones diary 2.. but i have noone to go with :\\
post #14 of 26
two words it sucked!
post #15 of 26
I saw National Treasure with Nicholas Cage recently with my husband and both of us liked it. Age doesn't matter, I think pretty much everyone would enjoy it. It has elements of Indiana Jones, Goonies and James Bond all in one movie.
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb25
Speaking of movies in general, is Hollywood just plain out of ideas for new ones? All of the posters in the theater seemed to be for upcoming films that were just remakes or film versions of old ideas:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp.

The Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds in a different role.

Fat Albert.
a friend of mine read an article about this. He said that it's SO expensive to get a film made that studios are afraid to finance risky films, so are sticking with remakes a lot. It's sad.

I like the indies a lot of the time more, like "Sideways" is a great movie.
Also "Motorcycle diaries"
post #17 of 26
I wouldn't care much to see this film, I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt.
post #18 of 26
thanks Deb i couldn't finish the first one good thing i didn't see this either
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
i rather go and watch that movie that looks like nemo... and that one with bridgit jones diary 2.. but i have noone to go with :\\
I want to see Bridget Jones Diary 2 also. The first one was funny.
post #20 of 26
As far as remakes go, Blade Trinity was excellent (although, it was a step towards comedy) It was def. Worth the cost of admissions. If you're conservative about swearing though avoid it, it's a bit heavy on the potty mouth. Also, Parker Posy.. One needs beer goggles to think she's remotely attactive.. (but I think she was supposed to look like an unattractive, pretensious trollop)
post #21 of 26
Ya see, now as far as I'm concerned I want to see this movie simply because it has four all-in-one pleasures. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon, and my imaginary-husband-to-be Andy Garcia!!!!!

Who cares what the movie is about!

And speaking of gorgeous, why don't they make men that look like them in New Jersey?????
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
I absolutely loved it!! I am a big Julia Roberts fan!! It was hilarious in some parts when Tess...well don't want to give it away to the people that still want to see it!

I'm a big fan of Julia Roberts too but I thought she looked horrible in this movie. She looked haggard almost. It's such a shame.

The movie was okay nothing great but I've seen worse. There were some wonderful spots of comedy in it but it definately wasn't action filled like the last one, it seemed to drag in places.
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy
two words it sucked!
Nice definition MA!
post #24 of 26
I enjoyed National Treasures and the kranks...I seem to enjoy the comedys the most...Meet the
fockers looks like it might be funny too.
post #25 of 26
I havent seen the first one so Im not going to see the second one.. not my type of movie
but I want to see Blade trinity! it looks really good!
post #26 of 26
If I remember correctly, you were concerned about potty mouthing, kitte LUVR. weren't you? if you are I don't suggest it, they have filthy mouths.. (I don't happen to mind that sort of thing..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ocean's Twelve