Signature Reminder

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know a lot of you had to redo your signatures since the site has been up, so we wanted to post a reminder about the signature rule.

Images in signatures should be visually no larger than a business card, and 30 KB in size or less. (I've noticed some rather large sigs today...) This is out of respect of our dial up users and those with a smaller screen size so the signatures don't take forever to load and take up half the screen...

Also, you are welcome to post a simple link to your website(s) in your signature, but please no dissertations on the content.
(I haven't seen this, but just a reminder...)

All signatures must conform to the rest of our rules and regulations that govern any regular post.

Thank you!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could I get a KB check please?
Mine might be a little too big because of the award lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both of yours are a-ok.
Anne made those little awards quite small, they are less than 3 KB.

In order to check your own signature size, right click on the image in your signature, choose Properties. In the box that pops up will be the size. IE shows it in Bytes - 1000 bytes = 1 KB. Netscape and derivatives show it in KB.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Heidi.
I'll try to remember that next time. Thanks for doing the dirty work for me this time.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanx for the reminder but i cant put any pics on the signature lol

lenaorie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thank you for the info.. right now i am too lazy to go and put my old siggy back on there.. so what i have... is going to be there for a while..

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know mine is okay file size wise, but is it okay visual size wise? I'm using a new Christmas pic that was made for me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope mine is OK - someone else had to do it for me cause I'm such a nerd!

If not, just let me know and I'll try to fix it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just for a reality check, here's mine. In terms of file size, I think I'm OK, and given that others who have been deemed within the limits take similar amounts of screen real estate, I think I'm probably OK visually, too. However, just to be sure...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no iea of the size of my business card - even though visually it looks ok. If it needs resizing I'll see what I can do.... or I'll just remove it and place my ad somewhere else on the net and just post a link. Heidi, just to remind you that I'm getting together a portfolio (and website) so that you guys can take funds from sales for cats and kittens in need of the help. It's going ok so far, so by the time your fundraising event starts again next year, you should have a fair library of images, but I'll contact you again about logistics closer to the time. Ta!