TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Member Spotlight of the Week "YOSEMITE"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Member Spotlight of the Week "YOSEMITE"

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
With the site going down we lost Member Spotlight of the Week, so we'll start it again!

Congratulations YOSEMITE! and heres a question for you!.

1. Dare i ask how you coped with the site being down?

2. Do you drink coffee?

3. Whats your favourite junk food?
post #2 of 29
Here are some from me too!

a. Do you excercise? If so, what do you do?

b. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?

c. What is your job?

d. What is your favourite car?

post #3 of 29
And mee
1. what is your favourite flower?
2. What is your favourite day of the week?
3. Can i ask how old you are?? !
4. Do you have your xmas decorations up??
post #4 of 29
Linda! you has the honour to spend 2 weeks under the Spootlight!!!! Congrats!!!!

1.-Wich is your favourite Flower?
2.-Do you live near to the beach?
3.- Wich is your favourite Season?
post #5 of 29
Have the TCS withdrawal symptoms subsided, yet?

Going to post a new pic of Bijou in your siggy? (I love that one with his chin on the chair arm and that look in his eyes.)

Ever read trashy novels?
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
With the site going down we lost Member Spotlight of the Week, so we'll start it again!

Congratulations YOSEMITE! and heres a question for you!.

1. Dare i ask how you coped with the site being down?

2. Do you drink coffee?

3. Whats your favourite junk food?
I was beside myself when I couldn't get on for days! What was happening with Laila and Pengy? How was Jasper T and Jasper and all the other friends on Paws and Reflect? It was a real time of stress!

I drink too much coffee. I love coffee but only plain, old regular coffee, no fancy stuff.

I don't really eat junk food - I've never had a taste for it. I do eat potato chips (crisps for those UK folks) occasionally, but I don't usually snack.
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar
Here are some from me too!

a. Do you excercise? If so, what do you do?

b. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?

c. What is your job?

d. What is your favourite car?

I don't exercise (it's a dirty word to me). I've been blessed by mother nature to not gain weight and at 58 still have good muscle tone.

My favourite item of clothing would have to be my leather pants because they always feel good on and I waited a lot of years to get them.

I'm an administrative assistant/account payable/receivable clerk for a large US company that has a small office here in the Toronto area.

My favourite car is the VW Jetta TDI (I currently have a Passat diesel but want my next one to be the Jetta TDI).
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
And mee
1. what is your favourite flower?
2. What is your favourite day of the week?
3. Can i ask how old you are?? !
4. Do you have your xmas decorations up??
Favourite flower - gladioli

Sunday is my favourite day of the week.

I will be 58 on Wednesday.

I have outdoor decorations up but none inside. We are in the middle of renovating and our rooms are full of flooring, paint, tools, ladders, etc., etc.
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
Linda! you has the honour to spend 2 weeks under the Spootlight!!!! Congrats!!!!

1.-Wich is your favourite Flower?
2.-Do you live near to the beach?
3.- Wich is your favourite Season?
1. - Gladioli
2. - Not very near a beach but about 1 1/2 hours from the world's largest fresh water beach.
3. - Spring is my favourite season when all the buds start coming out and the crocus and tulips come up.
post #10 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady
Have the TCS withdrawal symptoms subsided, yet?

Going to post a new pic of Bijou in your siggy? (I love that one with his chin on the chair arm and that look in his eyes.)

Ever read trashy novels?
Withdrawal is easing off.

My new pics of Bijou are too large and I'm not very good at re-sizing so I figure I'll just leave "baby" Bijou in the picture.

Oh, yeah, love trashy novels! Love mystery novels too. In fact, I have over 400 hard cover books right now that I'm trying to find a home for as I no longer have the space. Nobody wants them! I've called hospitals, libraries, second-hand book stores - nothing.
post #11 of 29
You can send me some pics, if you want them resized. My email is in my profile. I have the day off today so I actually have time for the fourms.

My questions:

1. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do or buy?

2. If you could have any job in the world, what would you want to do?

3. Do you like snow? Toronto had its first main snowfall today which always catches the motorists off guard...I can't believe Canadians can be caught off guard by snow.

4. What's the best thing about your life right now that you would never want to change?

post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Blue
You can send me some pics, if you want them resized. My email is in my profile. I have the day off today so I actually have time for the fourms.

My questions:

1. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do or buy?

2. If you could have any job in the world, what would you want to do?

3. Do you like snow? Toronto had its first main snowfall today which always catches the motorists off guard...I can't believe Canadians can be caught off guard by snow.

4. What's the best thing about your life right now that you would never want to change?

Thank you for the offer - it is very much appreciated.

If I won a million dollars the first thing I would do - pay off any and all outstanding debts (fortunately there aren't many). Buy a new car for both me and my husband, give each of our siblings and my husband's parents $100,000, go to Europe for at least 2 months, come home and volunteer somewhere working with animals.

Any job in the world - Work with animals in some capacity

Snow - not a problem. Bad drivers - a problem. I left for work this morning at my usual time and was about 5 minutes later than usual. I travel about 50 km to work (100 km round trip per day).

I wouldn't want to change my family - a great husband, our wonderful daughter, 2 beautiful cats and my 2 fantastic best friends.
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
...I have over 400 hard cover books right now that I'm trying to find a home for as I no longer have the space. Nobody wants them! I've called hospitals, libraries, second-hand book stores - nothing.
Ever meet Bookcrossing? http://www.bookcrossing.com/ You might have fun setting your loved books free.
post #14 of 29
That sounds like a lovely idea, but I have too, too many and I need to dispose of them quickly.
post #15 of 29
Hi there - it was awful for a few days, wasn't it? My question is who if anyone has been the most inspiration to you in life?
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyranson
Hi there - it was awful for a few days, wasn't it? My question is who if anyone has been the most inspiration to you in life?
As I sit here dumbfounded, I guess that other than my parents there is nobody. I know I always did the right thing as a young person because to do otherwise would have broken my mom and dad's heart and I just loved them too much to do that to them.
post #17 of 29
I didn't know about the spotlight thing until the site went down so a good thing came out of a bad thing!!

My questions are -

If you had one regret or could change one thing in your life what would it be?
If there was one experience you could live over again what would it be?
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp
I didn't know about the spotlight thing until the site went down so a good thing came out of a bad thing!!

My questions are -

If you had one regret or could change one thing in your life what would it be?
If there was one experience you could live over again what would it be?
One regret - that I was too concerned about cleaning and cooking, etc. to spend more time with our daughter when she was little.

Same thing, if I had it to do over again, I would live every minute with her. We have a wonderful relationship, but I feel I missed out on some of the fun stuff with her when she was little.
post #19 of 29
Do you have any brothers or sisters?
How long have you been married to your handsome husband?
What's your favorite magazine?
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
That sounds like a lovely idea, but I have too, too many and I need to dispose of them quickly.
If I were closer to you, I'd take them! I'm salivating at the thought... Nice new sig. Looks very handsome.

My questions:
1. Have you ever built a snowman? If so, what did you use for the nose and eyes?
2. What is your favorite part of a book? The anticipation of reading a new one, reading it, or after reading 'The End'?
3. Out of all the smilies on the catsite, which three are your favorite?
post #21 of 29

How did you pick the name Bijou? (It means Jewel in French if I remember correctly?)
Hehe Tango was going to ask you that in Paws and Reflect

You answered a question with having 2 cats, is that Mika?
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl
Do you have any brothers or sisters?
How long have you been married to your handsome husband?
What's your favorite magazine?
I have 2 full brothers and one half brother.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary on January 6, 2005.

Favourite magazine is Canadian Living
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd
If I were closer to you, I'd take them! I'm salivating at the thought... Nice new sig. Looks very handsome.

My questions:
1. Have you ever built a snowman? If so, what did you use for the nose and eyes?
2. What is your favorite part of a book? The anticipation of reading a new one, reading it, or after reading 'The End'?
3. Out of all the smilies on the catsite, which three are your favorite?
Definitely have built snowmen. We used small pebbles for the eyes and mouth and a carrot for the nose.

Favourite part of a book is reading it.

Favourite smilies -
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_bct

How did you pick the name Bijou? (It means Jewel in French if I remember correctly?)
Hehe Tango was going to ask you that in Paws and Reflect

You answered a question with having 2 cats, is that Mika?
I found the name Bijou on a list of possible names and it "spoke to me". I had to convince my husband that it was going to be a good name but he's happy now that we named him Bijou.

Tell Tango he's Bijou's buddy.

Technically Mika belongs to our daughter who just moved back home but unofficially we have 2 cats in the house. Mika and Bijou are still not allowed to be alone together. Mika just had her spay surgery last Friday and Bijou can be very rough, although to be fair Mika holds her own.
post #25 of 29
How many pets have you had, would you say?

Also, Of these has any one stood out for you? For example, I will always remember my first cat, because she was my mommy :P in a round about way.

Were you as close to your mother as you and your daughter are?

Can you tell your husband that Aubergine is a stunning color on him, for me?

Do you speak languages other than english?

Can you follow your families lineage back to another country?
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecat
How many pets have you had, would you say?

Also, Of these has any one stood out for you? For example, I will always remember my first cat, because she was my mommy :P in a round about way.

Were you as close to your mother as you and your daughter are?

Can you tell your husband that Aubergine is a stunning color on him, for me?

Do you speak languages other than english?

Can you follow your families lineage back to another country?
Pets I've had - 2 calves, 1 lamb, 2 dogs, 6 cats. My lamb was special (snowflake) but I'd have to say my Siamese cat Susie was very special.

No I was not as close to my mom as Jen and I are but we had a great relationship.

I'll tell my husband for you. Of course I think he looks good in anything.

I can make myself understood in French and can read some French but not nearly fluent in any other language. Our daughter is fluent in French, Spanish and Italian and I'm terribly envious!

I could probably follow the lineage back to England and Germany but don't know how far back I'd have to go. My mother's side of the family has native Canadian MicMac Indian ancestry as well as British and my dad's side has the German influence but both families have been Canadians for many generations.
post #27 of 29
I'm just bumping this so it's not so hard to find.
post #28 of 29
OK I'm bumping this. Now do I just pick someone? or do I need their permission to choose them? What shall I do?

Linda
post #29 of 29
Linda:
In my case I´ll send a PM at the person as I choosee, That person said "OK" and the next day I´ll make the annoucement like yours...
Hope this help you...
cheers!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Member Spotlight of the Week "YOSEMITE"