Poor Pengy thread is gone

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Michele,

I hope you find your way back soon. Miss your Pengy updates. Hope Pengy has made contact with you.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

I was thinking the same thing!!! I have so missed the Pengy updates!!!
hope you can update us soon Michele
Where'd the thread go? What happened? That was my only record of her and my progress....I'm sad. Very sad. I had to re-register, too....I wonder if all my threads disappeared? This was the important one, though...(I was hoping to compete decently in the "thread of the year" contest, but that can't happen now because the thread's gone.) All my struggles and all Pengy's accomplishments are gone - the records, at least. I am upset.

Um, updates.

Well, she's doing well. We have begun playing very intensively with the new feather wand; she really really enjoys that. She'll catch it, bite it, chew it, and attack it without blinking because I'm at the end of it. And she allows me to stroke her gently with it, for a time. She gets mad after a while, so I'm learning the "retreat" signals (which have changed from earlier...). Mostly I catch them in time, but last night she got pissed and I didn't catch it. She lashed out at me - very different from her play - and I backed off immediately.

No contact as of yet, but this is a level of interaction which had not been seen before. This bodes well, I think...

Best-
Michele

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also sad to see the thread gone, I never posted on the other one but I always enjoyed reading the updates.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your thread is gone, too, Michele, but I'm glad you're back.

It sounds like you've made quite a lot of progress with Pengy. I'm inspired by your patience and perserverance.

zanniesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's a shame about losing the thread. I wonder if there is any way to recover the really important threads without jeopardizing the safety of the board. Becky

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry guys there isn't.

Michelle she is behaving typically for a cat who is getting over-stimulated in play. Try backing off a bit and just letting the feather sit in front of her without getting her prey instinct engaged. Always after playing follow it up with a tasty treat, so she can calm down- she has caught her "prey" so now you have to let her taste the victory-

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw Noni, I'm sorry your Pengy thread got lost... but I'm glad to hear she's doing fine and I can't wait to hear more about her!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pengy is making such great progress, Michele, clearly a testament of how wonderful you are and what a sweet, special baby she is! I'm so sorry her thread was lost, you must feel so upset.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you must be sad about loosing that whole thread of Pengy's - but there are quite a few of us that have been with you since the beginning - we all know how far you have come and we are all so proud of both you & her

chin up Michele - heres to good continuing good updates about pengy

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA- Wasn't there a historic documentation of TCS on one website or another.. I know you showed it to us a couple months back.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is sad indeed, but I'm glad you are back with updates. We all are so interested in how you and Pengy are coming along.

We've missed you.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It works great, and all the threads should be archived in Google somewhere- Thanks Marion for doing this!

gargoyle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

It works great, and (...snip...)
Well, my geekiness only extends so far
I've found I can access the cached first page for several threads but none of the subsequent pages. There's probably a way to access those as well but I don't know what it is at the moment.

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele, I'm sorry the Pengy thread is gone. Sounds to me like Pengy is becoming more and more of a "regular cat" everyday--of course, Pengy could never be just a regular cat to you, or to us for that matter
, but you know what I mean.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
out of curiosity.. if google has all the threades cached/if that archive is available, can you not use those caches to fix the site? I'm a bit rusty as far as that goes...