Make free donations to animal rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Duh! I didn't reset the "options", and thought the thread had completely disappeared! Tania (Kumbulu) pointed out in another thread that the old threads will be shown if you change the options at the bottom to "Show threads from the beginning". Sorry about that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

I clicked! But I have a question....how exactly does it help? How does this work?
Here's a link to the site's FAQs: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...yComponent.0.0

Basically, a site like this, in addition to being sponsored by a gift shop where part of the purchase price goes to pet food, sells advertising space in order to raise money, and uses the number of daily "clicks" to show (wannabe) advertisers how many potential viewers/customers there are. If pet owners, for example, see that a large pet food producer supports shelter animals this way, they might be more apt to buy that brand. So it's smart advertising. There's a large producer of dry cat and dog food that sells food to shelters in Germany at the wholesale price; the shelter animals get the food, and the shelters are also permitted to retail it. People adopting pets or buying food at the shelter thus see how charitable the company is, and continue to buy the food. Ditto one litter producer that donates 25 cents for every bag sold to an organization which neuters feral dogs and cats in Mediterranean countries.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is also http://www.care2.com/click2donate/

Not only can you click for animals in need there are quite a few other causes you can click to donate for: Rainforests, Oceans, Big Cats, Primates, Children, Stopping violence against women and breast cancer. They also have daily actions in which you can sign petitions. Today's was against shark finning.

Sadly, I haven't been there in a while but I just saw this thread and was reminded of it. What's nice is that they keep track of all your clicks. So far I have helped 72 animals.
And the total for everyone is: "59,465 Racers have supported 5,336,272 pets."

So it really does help.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reminder, today!
I have that site bookmarked on "Favorite Places"!!

**GratefulBear--I'm adding the site you just posted above, to my "Fave Places" too!!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.