or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:


post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
I lost my kitten, Willow to FIP. I had never heard of it until then. I had her 5 weeks, just long enough to fall in love with her. I had gotten her as a Valentine's Day present to help me deal with the loss of my Sarah who had to be put down due to cancer. I went to bed the night before with her sharing my pillow. She left sometime during the night. When I woke up and walked into the living room she was lying there. She looked up at me, but couldn't move her body. I grabbed a towel to wrap her in and rushed her to my vet. I walked in and showed the girls up front and handed them her in the towel and immediately started bawling in front of everybody. The people in the waiting area all had that sympathetic look on their faces. The tech came and got me and took me to the room where the vet and Willow were. He showed me the syringe full of bright yellow fluid from her abdomen. She looked like she had a ball in her belly, I thought maybe she had digestive problems until then. I had her to the vet 2 times already and they never found anything wrong. She was still hanging on to life, and the vet told me there was nothing they could do for her, but end her pain. So I said my goodbye and kissed her. I couldn't stay for them to inject her, I had just gone through that with Sarah recently and I just couldn't take it again. It took me weeks to get over Willow! I went into a bad depression and could not get over it! I had to threaten to sue the breeder before she would refund the cost. I didn't really care about the money, no other kitty could replace her, and no amount of money could bring her back. But I thought eventually another kitten would help me get over her somewhat. After a waiting period to make sure the FIP virus was no longer in my home I did get another kitten. Her name is Lily and she is a real sweetheart, and a little dickens She has helped soften the pain. I'll never forget my Willow though.
post #2 of 4
I'm so sorry. Your sweet little Willow is in Heaven, happy and healthy, playing with all the other sweet babies who have gone before her. She will play until it is time for you to be reunited with her. I'm so very sorry...
post #3 of 4
Patty I am so sorry about Willow. You have been through such a lot, and now this. You rushed for help straight away and agreed to take the pain away, she will love you forever.
post #4 of 4
My thoughts and prayer are with you.
Your little Willow sounds just precious.
You did all you could. FIP is a simply dreadful disease that needs to be stopped( along with feline leukemia).
I, too, lost a kitten named Willow last year to FIP. She was just barely 4 months old at the time. I still miss her and her sister, Saffy, and her 2 brothers Jimmy and Timmy. They all died from FIP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Crossing the Bridge