TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › China asks Britney to cover up!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

China asks Britney to cover up!!! - Page 4

post #91 of 118
49 states have "Rape Shield" laws that prevent the victim being further victimized. Arizona is the only exception.

Caspar, feel free to PM Sue about the causes of rape. She's an ER Trauma Nurse, and a certified rape counselor. She has a few things she'd like to say to you.


Jeff
post #92 of 118
Jeff, who is Susan? Is that the "Feral Whisperer? Was my answer that bad? Boy, I must have made her really mad. You mean she is so mad she had to get you to intercede? Hmm! You ought to be a war negotiator.

Actually, I really don't like to take these arguments behind closed doors. That's why this is a forum so others can weigh each argument and comment in turn. I would love to see some of her arguments, but she said she was out of breath at the moment so when she catches her second wind, we'll have at it. Looking forward to it.
post #93 of 118
I think Sue is Jeff wife. My name is Fern. I'm not a nurse but I do work in healthcare.
post #94 of 118
Susan is my wife. She thought you might like to become better informed.
Obviously that's not the case.

I never negotiated a war. I fought them.
I leave negotiating wars to politicians and those that minored in psychology.


Jeff
post #95 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampngram
49 states have "Rape Shield" laws that prevent the victim being further victimized. Arizona is the only exception.
Thats good to know, I didn't know that

If no one minds, I think that maybe we could get off the rape topic??? It can be a very sensitive subject and I don't see where this thread is really going.....

Back to Britney Spears anyone
post #96 of 118
Okay Jeff. Tell her to fire away. I thought it was the other lady. If she wants to PM me that's fine. I'm not angry at anybody, least of all you and your service to our country. I think these forums are ways to get informed as well as entertained so now that I know who I'm dealing with here comes my PM to you.
post #97 of 118
She'll get back to you later. She just went into work for a couple of hours.

Jeff
post #98 of 118
it's my personal opinion that if you're in rome you do as the romans.. I am however, waiting for the worst dressed contest between britney and christina aguilera..
it's sad .. the one with the talent is so raunchy that no one wants their kids to listen to her. If she would clean up her image a touch I'd not mind supporting her. as for britney, I personally think that she sounds about as lovely as paige in the bathtub.
post #99 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
Let's face it folks. There's a difference between the girl a guy wants to marry and the other type, who dresses like a floozy.
While I don't think that it's right to flaunt all parts of your body in public, I will say that that is the most closed minded thing I've ever EVER read. I curse and spit, and I'm engaged, I'll be married in November. so perhaps what's true to you should not be stated in fact, because that's an opinion.
and if you justify rape with sexy clothes, tell me how me getting raped while wearing a pair of baggy jeans and a 2 sizes too big sweatshirt with paint all over and a pair of converse fits that profile.
And I was twelve.
So I think you need to reassess what you said.
post #100 of 118
Hmmm, I think we are getting a bit carried away here and getting down to much on Casper. I think the point was this, had the woman who was raped and them murdered been dressed more decent, this terrible incident may have not happened to her. Of course, it didn't help that she was hitch hiking either. The main point is this, a rapist is looking for an easy target. That easy target could be a young child, an elderly person or someone hitch hiking. Now, I doubt that dress alone could be a cause for rape. Had this woman been in a bar and signaled out for what she was wearing, then yes, I could say that the trashy dress fashion was the cause. But in this case, the most likely cause was the fact that she was hitch hiking and willingly got into the car with those young men. To everyone, do not make yourself a target, this goes for woman and men. Yes, men are raped more than people know. You do not have to be paranoid when going out in public, just be aware of what is going on around you. I have seen so many woman who make themselves an easy target every day. Just watch the next time you are in a mall parking lot. So many walk alone and they have a stupid cell phone stuck to their ear yapping away. You could walk up behind them and they would not even know it. They walk to their car talking on the phone and never notice who may be parked next to them.
post #101 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
Is that the "Feral Whisperer? Was my answer that bad? Boy, I must have made her really mad. You mean she is so mad she had to get you to intercede? Hmm! You ought to be a war negotiator.

I would love to see some of her arguments, but she said she was out of breath at the moment so when she catches her second wind, we'll have at it. Looking forward to it.
My silence is not from anger. I had to go to work, that is all.

As for you loving to see me argue, well look now because this is the extent of it. I enjoy the exchange of ideas and facts even if the other people in this exchange have a very different points of view. I feel no need to get into a childish arguement with each of us stating “No!!! I’m right and you’re wrongâ€. You are entitled to you views, which clearly I disagree with. I asked you some questions that you have not responded to. Instead you choose to respond with disregard and contempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
In between those deep breaths, I hope you're accomplishing some meaningful work on your job as well.
I suspect you meant this in a sarcastic and mean spirited way. So let me tell you about my job. I work in a group home assisting and caring for 10 mentally disabled adults. These residents have low to moderate IQ’s and yet they chose to uses everything they have.


Fern
post #102 of 118
I think some folks, and I am not singling anyone out here, have completely misunderstood the point Caspar is trying to make. I did not see anywhere that he is trying to justify rape, or call anyone names, or say anything out of line. He sounds to me to be straightforward and honest. I notice the person that put this thread off of Britney Spears, who DOES dress like a tramp, and made it about her, is no longer participating.
As far as the original thought of this thread, China has every right to ask a visitor in their country to abide by their rules.
post #103 of 118
I have to agree, no one is justifying rape here. But, I think we are justifying that Britney is a tramp
post #104 of 118
John, do i take it you don't like her?
post #105 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
It sounds like the people in Florida where you live are decent people, know right from wrong, and are just trying to steer you in the right direction also. They realize you're your worst own enemy, and they want to help you out.

How was your IQ of 160 determined?
I was given an IQ test in high school because they were trying to figure out why someone who had previous loved school was skipping all the time. After talking to a psychologist it was decided that I should be given an IQ test. The results showed why I was skipping class...I WAS BORED! The classes were not challenging enough. After they figured out what was wrong I was allowed to take more challenging classes, got good grades, and stoped skipping school. More schools need to do this.

And you're right, the computer generated IQ tests that you mentioned aren't real.

Also, I am proud of my IQ. I don't mean that in an arrogant way, and in fact I only bring it up when I NEED to. This is one of the main reasons I won't join Mensa even though I have been asked to. All those people talk about is how smart they are. Why not focus on something more important, like helping others?
post #106 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle
Me too I was watching some music special that was on tv the othe rnight, Jessica sang 'Take my Breath Away' she was awesome Britney mouthed the sont 'Toxic' I thought it was an awful performance... I

really could care less about the way she, or other people dress. If it gives ya what you want, then more power to ya. Why care what other people think? Just ignore them and go one living your life. Otherwise you just end up mad at the world. No one is ever going to agree with anothers choices 100%, there are always going to be people who disagree with something. The rude lady who made those comments, she wasn't right, but look at how far her comment got her, why give her the satisfaction?

Oh, and I think the IQ question was a little out of line, possibly could have been hurtful Caspar, I hope you didn't mean it the way it came out
VNG- I think your a very smart girl and make good points. I enjoy reading your comments
Thank you! *HUGS*
post #107 of 118
VNG Nice one girl
post #108 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
John, do i take it you don't like her?
No, I do not, I think she is terrible. What gave you that idea
post #109 of 118
YAY!!! about time someone tell her
post #110 of 118
post #111 of 118
You know...somehow I just don't think I'd look good in those.

lol


Jeff
post #112 of 118
Well no, Jeff, but the "Ken" line can't be far behind......Are you ready?
post #113 of 118
But Ken's clothes were UGLY!

LOL I wanted to dress like my Barbie, but MY Barbie wore formal evening gowns all the time! We didn't have much of the day-to-day clothes for Barbie. OK, maybe we did but when I picked out a new doll or new clothes she was always wearing very hoity-toity clothes.

Besides, the shoes they have those models wearing....not even close. Come on - Barbie was always in 6" stilettos!
post #114 of 118
I just heard that Britney canceled her tour to Clevealnd Ohio for the second time. I say THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!
post #115 of 118
Thread Starter 
LOL! Your disdain for Britney far surpasses mine, and I thought I wasn't a big fan!
post #116 of 118
I am very pleased to know there are others out there that don't like her. Actually, I do not like any of those corporate produced boy and girl bands. They are fake, but for some reason people pay big bucks to go see them lip sync to a recording and dance on stage. Heck, I will do that for a fourth of what they charge and I can dance better than Britney and those boy bands. When I go see a concert, I want to see people who know how to play instruments and really sing, not some Barbie Doll fake.
post #117 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat
I just heard that Britney canceled her tour to Clevealnd Ohio for the second time. I say THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!
Yep... I think she injured herself during one of her dance moves. Or something like that.....

You know, it wouldn't be bad if she had the talent to go along with the way she dressed and all, but honestly..... I truly believe she dresses like that to take the attention away from the fact that she can't sing! And it's working!

What I find totally annoying with her is her hair flipping. Enough already.... I seriously hope she ends up with whiplash next time she does that!
post #118 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisker's mom
What I find totally annoying with her is her hair flipping. Enough already.... I seriously hope she ends up with whiplash next time she does that!


LOL! That cracked me up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › China asks Britney to cover up!!!