Originally Posted by Angel_Kat
We agree, if she's pregnant we'll spay her as soon as the kittens arrive. I know that first litters are usually only 3 kittens and my bf plans on keeping one, and I have a friend who really wants a kitten. So I think we'll be okay on this pregnancy. After that we'll have to fork out the bills to keep our cat (and others) healthy and happy. No worries there spotz, I can see you stressin.
Not stressin...not really...just saddened by the unfortunate turn of events.
I'm glad you have homes for the kittens lined up, that's the best thing you can do. The flip side of this though, is that these kittens will potentially take the place of other kittens already looking/hoping for a home
I know your intentions were not to breed. I know you didn't want her to have kittens. I know you really care about your kitty, and that you will do the best for her and her offspring that you can. And I respect your decision to let the pregnancy go to term
, it is your perrogative to decide. Only thing I would like to ask of you, is to strongly consider both options.
Please make sure that all her kittens get S/N as soon as possible. (usually 8-10 weeks of age)
Hang in there with us and we'll all help you out with everything we can. The collective knowledge on this board is amazing, and the willingness of everyone to help each other is phenomonal.
Also please take her to the vet for a checkup as soon as you can, that way you can make sure that she is doing fine, and that there isn't any health concern for her or her kitties. She is young.