TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Are Cats Allergic To Clean Floors ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are Cats Allergic To Clean Floors ?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I was cleaning today, just finished vacuuming and mopping, and when I got done, I got to thinking that I don't know why I bother with the mopping, 'cause its almost a guarantee that before I get up for work tomorrow, someone will have barfed on it! Happens every time around here it seems, doesn't matter if I scrub with cleaning products or just use a fresh damp-mop and water, it ain't gonna stay barf-free for long! Sigh, don't know if they're allergic to clean floors or if they just get a kick out of mom grumbling under her breath, lol!
post #2 of 16
well.. Mine seems to be allergic to tidycats.. she sneezes when she gets out the litter box :/ the only time Paige has ever puked.. she's been kind enough to do so on the linoleum rather than the carpet, so you know, I guess we should count our blessings?
post #3 of 16
We just laid new carpeting in the living room and one of the bedrooms.
That was Saturday. By sunday both new carpets had been "christened" with fresh gooey hairballs. It goes with the territory.

It's a rule.

The newer it is the more likely they are to yak on it.




Jeff
post #4 of 16
Luckily my boys also like tiled floors. RB Shalimar used to move FROM the tiles to the carpet just to barf. She also liked the quilt on my bed.
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
I was cleaning today, just finished vacuuming and mopping, and when I got done, I got to thinking that I don't know why I bother with the mopping, 'cause its almost a guarantee that before I get up for work tomorrow, someone will have barfed on it! Happens every time around here it seems, doesn't matter if I scrub with cleaning products or just use a fresh damp-mop and water, it ain't gonna stay barf-free for long! Sigh, don't know if they're allergic to clean floors or if they just get a kick out of mom grumbling under her breath, lol!
They might be allergic to the cleaners you use on your floor. Many of them will make animals mildly sick.
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u
They might be allergic to the cleaners you use on your floor. Many of them will make animals mildly sick.
You're not paying attention to me , Tammie, it doesn't matter to mine if I use cleaners or not, I have tried it just damp mopping with a clean mophead and clear water, no dice, it still gets barfed on.
post #7 of 16
Hmmm????? Just thinking . Maybe they get stressed when you do all the cleaning and that causes all the barfing ?
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrfectCatlove
Hmmm????? Just thinking . Maybe they get stressed when you do all the cleaning and that causes all the barfing ?
LOL, now THAT might be it, they're afraid company is coming if I'm cleaning a lot!
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
You're not paying attention to me , Tammie, it doesn't matter to mine if I use cleaners or not, I have tried it just damp mopping with a clean mophead and clear water, no dice, it still gets barfed on.
OMG freaking EXCUSE me! Did you have to be so rude about it?
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u
OMG freaking EXCUSE me! Did you have to be so rude about it?
Meep ! I'm sorry, I didin't mean for it to sound rude, please forgive me, that really wasn't my intentions at all......
post #11 of 16
Maybe there is still leftover cleaner in your mop? Have you tried a new mop? I rinse my mop out, but probably not well enough so I was thinking maybe that was a possibility.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahsMom
Maybe there is still leftover cleaner in your mop? Have you tried a new mop? I rinse my mop out, but probably not well enough so I was thinking maybe that was a possibility.
Nope, my mophead is one that comes off and goes in the wash, and when I wash it it gets a couple of extra rinses just to be sure that its totally clean...thanks!
post #13 of 16
Clean floor? Now that's a novel idea!! I actually got the floors under control when we were dog free, but now with 2 puppies and spring rains, doesn't matter that we've trained them to sit for their feet wiping upon entry to the house - it just stays dirty. And the multi-colored cat hair looks pretty good with my decor! LOL
post #14 of 16
Actually, Tammie makes a valid point. There *might* be something on your floor that one cat is sensitive to, and even just putting water on it may activate the scent and cause stomach upset.

I think though, i would be more concerned about how many times this cat vomits. If it is just after you damp mop, or clean your floors, then there is something in your floor the cat is not liking. If the cat regurgitates elsewhere, then you need to find out why by taking the cat in to be checked.
post #15 of 16
My cats rarely throw up, but when they do, they seek out the one and only carpet in the house to do it on. I think they learned it from the kids.

I use the lemon pine sol on my floors and the cats always come roll all over it while its drying, but they never throw up afterwards.
post #16 of 16
Well, there's kitty vomit every now and then, but with 6 cats in the house, who is doing it is the question? It normally happens at night. Besides, it's just good fun to see if I can get up during the night without stepping in fresh vomit with my bare feet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Are Cats Allergic To Clean Floors ?