Good Lord, this poor kitty!! *With an updated picture!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This poor baby was given to me tonight by relatives of Cassandra_Star. They found this poor thing out in the middle of nowhere! I have rescued a lot of cats in my life, but this cat is by far in the worst shape.
I still don't know if it is a boy or a girl? It is so full of matts. It took us over two hours to cut out a huge poop and hairball that was attached to a very sore and bleeding rectum. When it finally came loose, we decided to quit for the night. He?She needs so much work, tomorrow we will just clip her down all the way. She has Conjunctivitis, and she was in such distress she was grinding her teeth! So is she Himalayan or Persian? Anyone know? She definitely is NOT a feral! Right now I call her/him Starlight.............my heart weeps for this cat! Who could dump such a lovely cat in the boonies??????????

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne- this cat is a Black Van Persian. By its size it looks to be a male. What a beautiful type cat- but what a horrible condition the poor wee soul is in. Good luck with Starlight(Lovely name) he really is beautiful and cleaned up he'll look like a million $$. What horrible people dumping him like that though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Sam for telling me. Honest to God tonight I just kept thinking about you as we were driving home. I wondered if you would be able to tell me what sort of breed he was. When the poor thing started grinding his teeth, I wept. I can't imagine how he survived so long by himself he is skin and bones! I wish I could find the butthead that dumped him and nail him to a tree! Honest to God, I am so angry. I can handle the tough kitties coming to me injured- the scrappy ferals, toms and queens, but this cat is supposed to be living indoors highly pampered! Who could do such a thing! At least he hasn't been declawed!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne, I get tears in my eyes looking at him. I'm with you on this one, that is serious animal neglect. I've never seen a cat grind their teeth so he must be in so much pain with all those matts. Is he/she friendly? He couldn't have found a better person to care for him though
Oh his condition is so shocking how can someone be so cruel and heartless.
Good luck for tomorrow Mary Anne. I can't believe how discolored his coat is.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He was really mellow the first hour we were working on loosening the matt. I took pictures, but honest to god if I posted them, I would be banned for making a bunch of people hurl. It is really bad. The mat had plugged him up like a huge boulder.
After an hour he started spitting and hissing, then yowling and finally he started grinding his teeth. I had to put him in a half bath to get his bottom somehow cleaned up because he is so open and sore I was afraid of a massive infection. I did no rubbing, just dunked his rear down into the lukewarm water. I knew it stung him, but I had little choice. I am just so angry Sam. I am staying up with him just in case.

bibby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor baby- thats heart breaking
He/she is such a cutie- sweet little face- he'll be a stunner when cleaned up.
How could anyone dump such a cat!
Lucky it ended up with you.
Persians are such sweet dependent cats!
Catherine

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the poor kitty! Once you've shaved him, and if he's calm enough after that I'd give him a good bath in handcleaner(degreaser) or even some sort of medicated cat shampoo because his skin is going to be sore after this, especially after all these matts pulling on it.
I'm totally speechless when I think about the idiots who dumped this beautiful cat, it really boils my blood.

You and Starlight are in my thoughts.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a poor poor boy.
I am really hoping he accidently escaped from someone's loving home, rather than being dumped. Perhaps there is an owner pulling their hair out with worry for this little guy. He's obviously been on the streets for a long time but he couldn't have found a better person to take care of him. I know I'm preaching to the converted here but will he lap some warmed glop? MA, if he'll tolerate it, whisper to him that I'm thinking of him and that he'll feel so much better soon.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy I have tears in my eyes just looking at the picture and reading about him/her. You have a heart full of love and Starlight is lucky to have been brought to you.
I've never heard a cat grinding teeth either. Poor kittie must be so stressed, no wonder you are angry, I feel angry about it and I am not there. Starlight is a beautiful name, hope you keep that name. It seems to suit the kittie. Can't wait to hear more and see pics of his/her progress. God Bless you MA.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tania, he is lapping up pedialyte and eating canned food which I put in some acidolopholus ( I know I spelled that wrong) Poor baby can't lay his rump down, keeps it high in the air.
I put a few sock heaters in with him even though he is in the warm living room.

Cilla, the people we got him from live on Starlight Drive, plus we got him at midnight, and the sky was brilliant with stars. I am hoping when I take him to the vet tomorrow (if they are opened) he has a chip and his owners can be notified. If he were mine, I would be frantic with worry.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The ad shows the cat lives 200 miles from us. I am doubtful it is the same cat, but I will call because you never know. They say Black and White, and he is more white and black.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG...MA....poor cat. Isn't it AWFUL how these purebred cats that once were so well cared for end up as strays. We pulled from the shelter a persian who was found as a stray on 5/1. "Matt" had soooooooo many mats in his fur that he is completely shaved down to the skin
And of COURSE he was front declawed but not neutered (he is now though).

I had him at the adoption event last night but he was one unhappy kitty and preferred to stay in his carrier.

Katie

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, I have read in a few of your posts of you bathing cats. I know this will seem like a stupid question, but if I ever found a kittie like this I would want to help him/her. How do you manage to bath a cat that you don't know? Do you just put a few jumpers on, so that you don't get scratched to bits? Sorry if that sounds dumb!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bathe in a bucket, it is the easiest way to not get mauled or scratched. But if you ever find a cat with matts, bathing them makes the matts tighter and isn't advisable. They need to be dry clipped and then bathed.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, it is so heartbreaking to see this sweet baby in such a condition. This kitty who should be love, cherished and dignified most likely tossed out by some ignorant unfeeling individual as if he was nothing.
His poor little bottom, and he must be in so much pain. Starlight certainly is a fitting name for this beautiful kitty. Your friends knew there was noone more capable of caring for him than you. You have such love in your heart.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
, that doesn't even BEGIN to tell how I feel about how that sweet baby looks! But, he couldn't have found a better place to land, please keep up updated on him/her?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if his owners were found, I am not sure I would want to return this poor baby to them unless they had a really good story as to how he got in nis predicament. Unless he were stolen, or had escaped from a car out in the boonies, I am not sure I could return him.
How is Starlight today?

Status
Not open for further replies.