I was just reading on another thread that the chances of cancer in a cat are increased with each heat they go into.... I didn't get Dori spayed until she was a year and a month old. Long story short on my waiting is I really couldn't afford the $140 it cost to have her spayed at her regular vet and I was scared to have it done at the low cost clinic here because she had problems with her shots as a kitten they made her really sick, my friend had a problem there and I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I kept Dori inside ALWAYS and was very very patient with her when she was in heat. Anyway, I thought that once I got her spayed everything would be ok. Now I am concerned that waiting could have caused long term problems as well If I did increase her risks of cancer, is it possible to reduce them now?
post #1 of 4
5/11/04 at 10:47am