TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anyone still with American IdoL?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone still with American IdoL?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Are you sticking with it? It's not as much fun this year but I am watching here and there. I was sorry to see Jennifer go.
And Jon did need to go earlier.

I still like George, none of the others grab me too much.
LaToya is so obviously talented but doesn't seem to connect.
For some reason Fantsias voice doesn't appeal to me. I like the other two girls but not gaga either, Jasmine I think has more promise than Diana in the long run.
post #2 of 16
I haven't seen the actual performance show in weeks, but I do watch the elimination show every week. Hubby is in the radio industry and thinks the whole thing is a big farce. But he is at work doing his DJ thing every Wednesday so I at least get to see it then.

Jennifer shouldn't have gone. Especially not after what looked like one of her best performances. But I was expecting it, since she had been in the bottom three how many weeks. I was SO glad to see that JPG or whatever had finally been voted off. He was my pick to leave from the first week. The other Jon just didn't have enough range in style to make it any further than he did, and I agree...should have gone sooner too.

I just can't get into any of the contestants this year....
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
I haven't seen the actual performance show in weeks, but I do watch the elimination show every week. Hubby is in the radio industry and thinks the whole thing is a big farce. But he is at work doing his DJ thing every Wednesday so I at least get to see it then.

Jennifer shouldn't have gone. Especially not after what looked like one of her best performances. But I was expecting it, since she had been in the bottom three how many weeks. I was SO glad to see that JPG or whatever had finally been voted off. He was my pick to leave from the first week. The other Jon just didn't have enough range in style to make it any further than he did, and I agree...should have gone sooner too.

I just can't get into any of the contestants this year....

Yeah it just not a lot of fun this year! Jennifer was so obviously talented and should be there. And I think Fantasia is overrated myself. Diana is too much of a teeny bobber in her style and Jasmine is lovely but I am not wowed really. I think Latoya or George should win, but George has been blowing it lately.
post #4 of 16
Jennifer was my favorite, I was sad to see her go. I think that this year, most of the finalists are so similiar in style that it is boring to watch.
Jennifer, Fantasia, Diana, Jasmine, and LaToya are all the Diva type which makes for a boring watch. At lease George is still in it to spice things up a bit I hope he wins.
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Maui
Jennifer was my favorite, I was sad to see her go. I think that this year, most of the finalists are so similiar in style that it is boring to watch.
Jennifer, Fantasia, Diana, Jasmine, and LaToya are all the Diva type which makes for a boring watch. At lease George is still in it to spice things up a bit I hope he wins.
You said it right, that *is* the problem. They are too alike. That is one reason why I think I like George so much. He is different. I mean the rest all do the same thing basically.
post #6 of 16
Time to watch, it comes on in 3 minutes here
post #7 of 16
This is my first year watching American Idol and I am hooked! Just tuned in to see what all the fuss was about, and I just got sucked in.

I was shocked when Fantasia, Jennifer and LaToya were in the bottom 3! Allegations of racism. I liked Jennifer, I think she got better and better. The other 2 seem like divas to me too. I also don't like Fantasia's voice, and how she sang one of Barry Manilow's songs (I think)

The young girls are okay. The redhead had to go, should have gone earlier, but I liked him. Did you notice the camera always showed him when others were voted off! He himself couldn't believe he was still in the running! Took alot of abuse well for a 16 year old.

I hope George wins. But LaToya is pretty good.

I liked JPL, he was fun, but his voice wasn't the greatest. I was sorry to see him go.

Jill and Candy
post #8 of 16
I'm still watching...while I find Fantasia to have a bit of an attitude, her singing of a song from Porgie and Bess a couple of weeks ago made the hair on my arms stand up...it was magnificent and showed this young singer has the potential to be something special...I hope she'll find her way.

George I love...but dang something happened to his voice the last few weeks. I hope tonight the old George will be back.

I too miss Jennifer.

LaToya...if she'd only get involved in the songs she is singing. Simon hit it on the head, she's got a gorgeous look, gorgeous voice, but she's boring when she sings.
post #9 of 16
Fanatasia was hands down the best tonight. She sang with passion in her voice1 I still voted for George. To me, he is the person who will go on to sell more records and become an individual star as opposed to Fantasia who is like many of the "diva" types already out there, namely the Macy Gray "sing alikes".
I thought Jasmine was terrible tonight and Diana was good but not great. Just kinda boring. And what did ya'll think of LaToya's speech??? She messed that all up! Nerves got the best of her
post #10 of 16
I didn't really think Fantasia was all that great tonight. I'm trying to be objective - I just don't like her diva attitude. But I agree her singing of the Porgy and Bess song a few weeks ago was excellent. Her first appearance when AI started (the competition, not tryouts) was one of my favorites.

I thought LaToya was the best tonight. I know she has a powerful voice, but once in a while I think she's screaming alittle, like she's trying too hard. And I think she also has a diva attitude. At least she covered up well when she could't say Natalie Cole. I'm trying very hard to make myself believe that's it's nothing more than confidence.

I don't think George did very well tonight. I still want him to win, maybe these songs just aren't for him. (And the ones last week, and the week before) But I guess you have to be able to sing anytime type of song.

I think Diana did okay, but Jasmine did not. And I agree it's gotten somewhat boring, but I'll still watch it.

Jill and Candy
post #11 of 16
I enjoyed parts of Fantasia's singing, the first portion of her second song again gave me goosebumps, the others were pleasant. I think Jasmine is going to have been voted off, and that as it stands today, Fantasia should win. It's a darn shame, LaToya has a gorgeous voice, but I can't get past the lack of emotion from her. George did better and I do adore his voice...he may squeek in for 3rd.

I would love to hear Fantasia try some Billie Holliday...I think she could do so beautifully. and I love Billie Holliday Talk about an oldie but a goodie!
post #12 of 16
I'm upset George was voted off, I thought for sure it would be Jasmine.

Jill and Candy
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcandy
I'm upset George was voted off, I thought for sure it would be Jasmine.

Jill and Candy
Oh NOOOO! He was my favorite! I looked forward to hearing his voice each week. Hmmm noww who to vote for???
post #14 of 16
i know poor george! i don't think he should have been voted off yet..i think diana will be next week.
post #15 of 16
I was surprised and very sad to see George go...I thought he might make it to third, and honestly thought Jasmine was out this week. Shows what I don't know!
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix
I was surprised and very sad to see George go...I thought he might make it to third, and honestly thought Jasmine was out this week. Shows what I don't know!
It should have been Jasmine to go. Oh well, Imiss George and I think he could have gotten it more together with a few more tries (he seemed to be choking) . I don't really care anymore. I personally don't care for Diana, she sounds like a mouse-keteer to me. And neither Latoya nor Fantasia really do it for me. I thought Fantasia did well last time, but in general I find her voice whiney. Latoya doesn't inspire me the way the final 3 last year did, I liked them all back then. I will probably pass on the rest of the season, catch up on my DVD watching instead!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anyone still with American IdoL?