TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Curious: are the people who only post to IMO, and no other forums here..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Curious: are the people who only post to IMO, and no other forums here..

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
new members who joined to post on IMO, or existing members posting here under a different name? There seem to be quite a few people now posting to this forum who have yet to post in any of the cat related forums, or who rarely do so.
post #2 of 27
I post all over
post #3 of 27
Same here. I use this name only.

Later,
Brandon
post #4 of 27
Lucia - I have noticed people joining in here and only posting in here. Makes you wonder
post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 
Sweets/Cougar: I know that you guys do! I'm curious about the people who just joined recently, who seem to only or primarily to post in this forum!
post #6 of 27
Hmm! That is strange. I wonder what they're about?
post #7 of 27
Right now at 8:05 pm CDT, there are 19 members and 31 guests using the site. Maybe some people lurk here for a while reading the threads, and become interested in the IMO forum before they register.
post #8 of 27
Well , I guess I am one who don't post much IMO forum .
post #9 of 27
I don't post in there very much. If I find topics that I think might generate good debate I will post it there, but mostly I read and lurk unless there is something i am passionate about.

I suspect the newbies like the fact that we are a cat community but in that one forum we can talk about anything and everything (mostly) They probably just enjoy healthy debate.

I know the 96 cats that was in the SOS forum brought us new members that only came to post in that thread, and no other-
post #10 of 27
I love a good political debate. That's why I started posting here. I am assuming that Lucia is alluding entirely to me. Now I do have cats also. I am the proud owner of 9 cats, and not only do I have rat catchers but rabbit catchers as well. I will eventually post elsewhere but only if this forum gets boring. Then again, if it gets too boring, I will just start a controversial thread and see how the fish bite. I love this place.
post #11 of 27
Thread Starter 
Actually, it seems to be about 5 or 6 people. I was not alluding entirely to you.
post #12 of 27
Maybe they are just not having an immediate cat problem, but still want to hang out with cat types.

Aqua
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius
Maybe they are just not having an immediate cat problem, but still want to hang out with cat types.

Aqua
I think this is a reasonable reason. The IMO can certainly draw you in.
post #14 of 27
I noticed that, too. Those are the same people stirring up problems that keep me mostly out of that part of the forum. It seems that they only come there to ask question only to start arguements and controversy so they can attack others for their opinions that differ from theirs. I believe I mentioned that in the thread concerning stopping IMO. No, it is not just one person, but a small group.
post #15 of 27
A little controvesy is not a bad thing. I like the IMO because it does just that! If I feel a bit toooo passionate about something I type it all up and rant and rave and go on and on about how stupid and dumb xxx is and how they should go and do xxxx and then delete the post. I'm very careful about that bit otherwise I think I could be sued. I have never really read anything that attacked as such. Or maybe to start with and then the apology is a little further down the thread.
Alexis
post #16 of 27
I post mostly in the Lounge and here. Occasionally, I pop into Paws and Reflect, with a book review. If there's a major animal abuse case, here in Tucson, I post in S.O.S. Fortunately, the latter hasn't happened in quite a while.
post #17 of 27
I used to stay out of IMO, and then when I started using the New Post button and began reading the IMO topics that come up as new (mostly because I was bored at work). I post more in the lounge and other sections that I do in IMO.
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius
Maybe they are just not having an immediate cat problem, but still want to hang out with cat types.

Aqua
I'm one of those I read other posts in other forums, but IMO does drag me in

Arg0
post #19 of 27
Face it, human being are a contentious lot and we LOVE a good argument -er- debate!
post #20 of 27
While waiting for the pictures to load in fur pictures, I come in to IMO.
post #21 of 27
I'm everywhere
post #22 of 27
No, a little controversy is not necessarily a bad thing, but if you just do it with a chip on your shoulder to start arguements, it is. It's like this small group is just saying "yeah, I have a cat, so what, I just want to come in and argue with complete strangers." I have seen some long standing members leave other good sites because of this same kind of stuff, and I would hate to see it happen to TCS.
post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e
Face it, human being are a contentious lot and we LOVE a good argument -er- debate!
I really was addressing this thread to the people who seem to only post in here, and nowhere else, many of whom arrived recently. I'm curious why someone would come to a cat site and in some cases only post in an off-topic room. I know that some of us cat-fans like a good tail fluffing now and then, and that others on the forum prefer to leave that alone. But why come to a cat site to post only on IMO?
post #24 of 27
I really think it's up to the person where they post.. it's kinda like saying to someone why aint you posting in the breeders forum, even though they're interested in rescue. I think the IMO is a great place and I'd love to spend more time here as it's really interesting. I post here every now and again tho.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia
I really was addressing this thread to the people who seem to only post in here, and nowhere else, many of whom arrived recently. I'm curious why someone would come to a cat site and in some cases only post in an off-topic room. I know that some of us cat-fans like a good tail fluffing now and then, and that others on the forum prefer to leave that alone. But why come to a cat site to post only on IMO?
I love that 'tail fluffing' bit
Seriously though I dont think your going to get any answers on this one - not controvertial enough
It is odd though, like you say, to come to a cat site and post only to IMO. Maybe they think us cat people are too touchy, feelly and need shaking up a bit. Boy have they got US wrong.
Alexis
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip2454
I love that 'tail fluffing' bit
Seriously though I dont think your going to get any answers on this one - not controvertial enough
It is odd though, like you say, to come to a cat site and post only to IMO. Maybe they think us cat people are too touchy, feelly and need shaking up a bit. Boy have they got US wrong.
Alexis

That's the impression I seem to get, too.

"tail fluffing" !
post #27 of 27
I stop in here every few weeks to see whats up.....I only answer something if it is something that is interesting....other wise I move on......Like to hear stories about cats .....the first place I always go is cat pictures.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Curious: are the people who only post to IMO, and no other forums here..