1. Angel-she came with her name. Zach and I saw no reason to change it.
2. Sagwa-she is named after the title character on the cartoon "Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat", because I collect "Sagwa" items and watch the cartoon and also because she looks like Sagwa!
3. Cringer-she is named after the cat in the "Masters of the Universe" cartoon from the 80s. If you remember that show, you'll remember that Cringer becomes the mighty Battle Cat! This fits this kitty to a T!
4. Sarobi-this sweet and gentle girl is named after Simba's mom in "The Lion King"
We also named Angel's kittens that died (I've already told this sad, sad story
)we thought it would be innapropriate not to...
1. Duchess-she was named after the mom in "The Aristocats"
2. Tai Tai-she was named after a human character from "Sagwa"
3. Dongwa-he was named after Sagwa's older brother.
4. Jet Jet-he was named after one of the Alley Cats on "Sagwa"
5. Aaliyah-she was named after the singer (RIP and
6. Akasha-she was named after Aaliyah's character in "Queen of the Damned"
7. Mr. Bigglesworth-SHE was named after the "Austin Powers" cat. It was Zach's idea.
I wish all of them had lived. Unfortunately, some birth defects can't even be detected until its too late.